Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Hey guys, unfortunately I will not be making the next round due to other commitments. I hope it can free up a spot for someone else to race.
  2. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

As mentioned a few days ago I'll be OS so can't make this week's round.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the heads up guys, this week we still have more grid spots then entries actually next week will be the smallest grid remaining for the season but even there we have 32 slots and currently 32 entries for the sesson.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Faaaaaark, lol'd so hard
    jlynn777 likes this.
  5. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey @marty , did we come to a decision regarding race length for Nurburgring?
    I had a squiz through this thread and couldnt find anything.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

22laps mate, like prac session :)
  7. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

lol
    jlynn u flog!!! hahaha
    tezpez85 and jlynn777 like this.
  8. squid

squid Rookie

first post still says TBD :)
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Does it. :sneaky:
  10. squid

squid Rookie

This is fake news
    KoAStR likes this.
  11. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

when i go to click the link to download the extra pits it says i dont have permission to view this page..... Any help please
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

From memory I think you need to have your steam account linked to that page
    Rolz likes this.
  13. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

yeah i figured that out haha :)
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race Results

Good racing guys, everyone did run both compounds that finished the race with only @Mael who didn't make the pit window possibly more connection issues.

Well done to @Shaun_A again with the Pole position and race win, well done to @ed40t on the podium and fastest lap. Most consistent was Mael but he only did 5 laps so not sure if that counts.

Unofficial Standings
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race report:

Qualy I knew Shaun had me by a bit on single lap pace, would have needed to fluke a lucky one to get pole but didn't, however second was ok.

Race I wasn't sure about strategy and was wanting to go opposite to Shaun but didn't want to risk losing spots easily on cold softs and it was going to be a bit of a lottery if you got stuck in heavy traffic after the stop or not. So I decided to go the safer strategy Shaun was likely also going to run long on SS and hope to maybe beat him on pure pace.

This didn't happen either, I hung on early with the SS tyres and with traffic and some errors by both the gap was up and down a little but stayed under 1 second most of the first 15 laps. I wanted to run the max 16 laps on the SS and hoped Shaun would stop earlier. He hadn't stopped early so I pitted lap 15 hoping maybe to get a gain on my 1 lap warmer tyres for a pass. The outlap was always going to lose time to worn SS so it was still not likely but was worth trying something different at least. :D

On the softs I had a little more pace then Shaun it seemed but getting close and making a clean pass are 2 very different things. I was slower in some sections but faster in others for a net result much the same over a lap, the places he was vulnerable he drove well to not give me too much. End result second by .23 but other then getting pole there wasn't a lot more I could have done.

Video of lap 1 and the last 2 laps. (will be nearly 2 hrs before my ADSL connection squeezes this out though :poop:)
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    DarrenO, c4rLo5, tezpez85 and 5 others like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done @Shaun_A on another win and @marty and @ed40t on the podiums. Struggled a bit for pace here all week, got a decent launch of the line and managed to jump @Rolz, was fairly happy as he was on softs to start and didn’t want to get stuck, managed to get past @JayJAY cleanly as well which was a fun chance for a few laps. Was hoping to chase down Ed but he was too quick even on the softs and I just couldn’t get a good rithm to get consisten speed out of the super softs. After jumping in the pits on lap 14 life got really hard, those soft tyres were terrible here. Didn’t think I had any hope of keeping @tezpez85 behind me but he managed to out brake himself in to to 7 and ended up in the sand along with my front bar... this also let JayJAY through and as he was now on supersofts there was no chance of catching him. Must have been at least a second a lap slower then those around me on super softs but somehow managed to drag the boat around for the last few laps to hold 5th so happy enough
  17. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, once again, sorry for almost taking you out, just lost the rear fractionally and it blew out my braking distance. I swerved hard right to try to avoid contact.

Good clean racing with @JayJAY and @Rolz however :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Godzilla, JayJAY and Rolz like this.
  18. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Despite trundling round the back many minutes (is what it feels like) off any real pace I enjoyed last night a lot. Actually got to race with people for a while which was fun. Starting to get more consistent I think. Thanks guys.
    mesafto and Rolz like this.
  19. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I enjoyed the 1st part of the race on the SS. i would have pitted earlier or started on the Softs had i known they were that bad.
    In practice there was grip but not what i was hoping for.
    I probably should have sorted the starting pressures more.
    The out lap on Softs were horrible i reckon i lots more time than normal just in the transition but then i could never get Temps in them and never up to green status.

Started 22nd, finished 18th. Enjoyed the Race.
    marty and mesafto like this.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

All good. Thought you would line up a run in to T1 or T3. Crazy how bad the softs were compared to super soft
    tezpez85 likes this.