Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

The softs were just terrible. Once I got back on the super softs I was crying of joy

I wish I took eds strategy. Pit as soon as the pitlane opens.....
    Rolz likes this.
  2. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

@marty , Can we increase the track temp a bit so that Softs are more competitive with SS? Default temps seem a bit low?
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Temps so far have been around what the real tracks are getting. Also everyone has the same issues and if the temps go higher then the SS will be the less favourable tyre but its also track dependant to how much load goes into the tyres during the race. I think it makes the race more interesting and the weather is kept constant from first practice to the race night so people shouldnt be surprised. It only took a few laps to find out how the softs went. Im sure most teams understood the ideal strategy and how long ss lasted and that softs were a bit slower. I know I did mention this to my team and would likely have been discussed in all team chats.
    Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  4. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

My Race Report goes like this. FKN AWESOME!

Qualified 12th, Finished 12th. I was happy to not lose a position overall. Had some great battles with Krunch early on but that was short-lived as he was on the SS so getting passed was inevitable. At this stage i knew if everything was going accordingly to plan I would've been in a likely position to pick off a couple of spots after the pit-stop as a couple of guys in front were on the S compound and i was going to be on the SS compound.
    So when they pitted early i thought i'd knuckle down and throw some hot-laps in given the free air in front of me. That kind of worked, I came out of the pits just in front of Mesafto, but...that was short-lived as i approach turn 1 on cold tyres you guys can probably worked out what happens next. I can only imagine the smile on Mesafto face as he drives on by seeing me wrestle this tank back onto the black stuff. Lol
    So for the next 8 laps i find myself in a sausage sandwich me being the sausage. Here I'am trying to pass Mesafto meanwhile I'm trying not to get passed with Aaron hot my tail. But for 8 laps Mesafto showed his experience, kept his cool and his composure and didn't buckle under the pressure even when i made some attempts to pass him, even after a giving him a love tap he remained composed. Unfortunately Aaron had a moment and lost some ground. Thanks to both of you guys the threesome was great. Felt like i was fighting for a championship.
    To sum it up i must say I'm grateful to have stumbled upon a fantastic bunch of blokes to be racing with. It's been years since i've been able to race and race hard and clean. First time i feel happy with finishing 12th and that really says it all. So yeah being by first race i hope i made the right impression.
    Congrats to Shaun for the win, Marty and Ed and to everyone else also.
    See you next round! FKN LOVE IT!
  5. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Oh shiet. I forgot to thank Marty for helping me with the setup. Thanks mate much appreciated. It really did help.
    marty and c4rLo5 like this.
  6. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Just confirming we'll need the DLC version (and pit box patch) of Brands for a couple of weeks time? Gonna cost me a whole $7 if so. And thats USD! So thats like ummm about 10 bucks. Lucky we have a week off so i can save up!
  7. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Yeah you will need the dlc
  8. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hahah, I saw fresh meat!
    jlynn777, Andrew Le and c4rLo5 like this.
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Yeah, you and Jlynn were a little vulnerable on the out lap.
    Andrew Le likes this.
  10. Mr.McGibblets

Mr.McGibblets Rookie

Wasn't just you, I don't think anyone could get the softs up to temperature. :eek:
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Pit box patch is free, the 10 bucks may be doable with 2 weeks of pocket money managment skills. :roflmao:
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

First post after first league race with the AC ROOZ crew doesn't get much better than this :D
    I had a race to forget with lots of self criticisms on how I shoulda, coulda, but didn't on race night... :oops:
    It all washes away with the unbridled enthusiasm Andrew showed, I did have some sweet battles with @c4rLo5 @tezpez85 @Parkour
    and reminded me why I come back every week. :thumbsup:
    Sure other sims might have the multi-player market cornered, but our little league we have is second to none (IMHO). :D
    Cheers mate, welcome aboard! Hope u hang around some more... Enjoy even more camaraderie once you get allocated to one of the 4 teams :)
    Parkour, tezpez85, Andrew Le and 6 others like this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I like the Nigerian gap between the two tyre compounds
    That’s was exactly how I summed up my Easter Creek race, this was your turn :)
    Rolz likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    MC goes to @marty on account of comparable consistency criteria being somewhat invalidated without a pitstop or compound change from @Mael 's 5 lap effort... which heats up the drivers championship, with the lead currently flipping on drop worst by (that same bonus) 1 point......

Stella round for PAG in the teams championship, is it enough to cement their position at the top?
    Welcome @Andrew Le to Team Turtle Beach :)

Banner links updated.
    [​IMG]
    Godzilla, Andrew Le, krunch and 4 others like this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Haha nice one mate! Same reason I race here - for the battles! You'll find good ones anywhere in the field too. Last week I had a RACE LONG battle with Carlos.

That was a cool battle we had early on there and I was hoping to find a way past but it wasn't easy. I had to be patient and backed out of a couple of attempts as you had me covered :).

As for the softs guys - I didn't really have a problem with them (maybe cos I'm slow!). Running them for a short 2nd stint worked well as the fuel load was lower and the track grip was higher.

My race:
    To be honest I actually thought I wasn't going to have the best night as I was feeling a bit off colour and very tired. I couldn't get it together in Qual and ended up 14th.

My strategy was to start on SS for a long stint then a short final stint on the softs when there was more track grip and less fuel load. That seemed to work well for me. I didn't have any issues with the softs. My start was good enough to hold position but it was tight into T1 on the inside and we were all hitching up. I wasn't able to gain positions there so hung in the line and tried to be clean and consistent.

Braking for the chicane at the end of lap 1 MrMcGibblets and Anon had a major collision right behind me. I nearly popped a nugget as Anon flew past me on the right but I couldn't see the other car. I braced for impact and cut the 2nd part of the chicane as a precaution but fortunately I wasn't hit and neither was anyone else.

After a tidy battle I managed to sneak past Andrew Le on lap 2 and started chasing Mesafto. I passed him on lap 5 and started feeling pretty good :). I soon found myself behind teamy Aaron. He didn't look completely comfortable at that stage so I made a move down the inside at T1 and got past. I suspect he made it a tad easier for his teammate :). I was hoping I wouldn't be handing back those places later in the race due to the reverse strategy.

I was then in clear air for the rest of the stint. I didn't have the pace to make up ground so I just hoped I could get some gains in the pits. I stopped on lap 15 and as I exited I saw Parkour and Carlos zoom by. With stone cold softs I was never going to stay with them so I just had to hold station. My team had put me out into a big gap so I didn't have any pressure from behind - nice of them to do that :). The car was just as balanced as on the SS earlier and behaved itself nicely. I guess my setup and strategy were good this week :thumbsup:. So I'm happy with a finish of 10th.

Congrats to Shaun, Marty and Ed!
    tezpez85, c4rLo5, Bogor and 4 others like this.
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Good to hear, it's an awesome field - Monday is my favourite day thanks to this mob! :inlove:

Well I had a stinker :poop: May as well of done my qualy on the softs.
    Then for the race...I was too caught up with watching what tyres the cars around me were starting on, I forgot to load my race setup. By the time I realised, the lights were up and I was starting with 7ish laps of fuel on the SS :roflmao::cry:
    So my first 7 laps were quite good....then it went done like the Hindenburg. I spent an eternity in the pits refuelling with a mouth-watering 15 laps on the Softs to look forward to.
    Got turned around on my out lap which didn't help (the weird spin in Mesafto's vid), although my race was cooked anyway :( long race to the finish by myself after that. Was desperately trying to catch the battle just up the road Andrew Le was talking about but I had no chance of closing up.

My play of the day goes to whoever called Anon 'soft' on discord when he first came on. Lucky I have push to talk as I was actually lol'ing after that :laugh: and then later when Marty pulled him up about getting hard - I was done, abort lap straight to the pits

Heard some cool ideas being thrown around for the coming round, looking forward to what you guys come up with :thumbsup:
    ed40t, tezpez85, krunch and 3 others like this.
  17. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

HAHA lol! So that's what it looked like. I was like YES YES YES.....then NO NO NO....!
    Win or not as long as i dont take anyone out and vice versa and battles were had then thats a winning race itself for me. I use to take sim racing too seriously. It kind of took the fun out of it. Now sometimes i purposely don't qualify only to start last and just have some fun. It aint fun when you finished last though hahaha.
    Last night was great i really enjoyed it. I actually forgot how much sweat sim racing can extract from a human body, even the Mrs said she's never seen me sweat so much. LOL
    Ill be hanging around that's for sure.
    Woohoo!
    Fact: Turtle's are actually friggin fast.
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

Now that's funny, here i'am thinking we were battling for at least 5 laps. And the sad truth it was it wasn't more than 2 laps. I swear it felt like more. It was all happening in my cockpit last night i tell ya that.
    krunch likes this.
  19. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Yeah I think Darren might have touched your rear on T7
    jlynn777 likes this.
  20. VeloXR

VeloXR New Recruit

Hey guys, I'd like to join in for the tail end of the season if there's room. I've posted my ID in the other thread.
    mesafto likes this.