Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

What a waste of practice and speed. Don't EVER cross the track after being off. Basically ruined my championship
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Sorry @Parkour and then @Flouncy for ruining ur race :oops:
    Red carded myself... cyas next week.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results

Stracker Standings
    Some reason the Stracker results are broken for the reverse grid race with many guys on lead lap classed as DNF so I have left that out. These standings however are not correct anyway so it only gives a rough idea and are far from official.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

really inlucky shaun!. You definately had the race in the bag.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Bad luck bud you clearly had the pace, I didn't have a great results anyway so its not likely to effect the championship so much plus there is a drop round.
  6. Flouncy

Flouncy Rookie

You didn't ruin anything Rolz. If you're talking about race 2 I accidentally selected 1st gear on turn 2 and compression lock spun me out. So that's all me throwing it away after starting so close to the front. Race 1 I don't remember any incident. ALL GOOD.
    marty likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Bad luck Shaun and Rolz still a couple of rounds to make it up though. Well done JayJay and Anon on the wins.
    Race one was good and incident free so great to finish p3. Race two took it easy over the first few laps to just stay out of trouble even if it cost me some places at the start, started to push a bit after a few laps and managed to lose the back end in to t1, pinched the brakes I think, tried to catch it but it bit suddenly and flicked hard in to the wall destroying the front bar completely. Was horrible in to t1 and t4 with huge understeer from there. Having a quick look at the results I don’t think I gave up points in the championship though so may have gotten away with it somewhat
    marty likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As there have been some issues with stracker disconnecting for ptracker users and also it stuffing results for race 2 tonight. However from what I can see in the simresults the results look fine so @KoAStR just take these into account and ignore stracker for this round.

I have upgraded stracker to the latest version to see if it fixes these issues.

The servers are also up for next week at Tor Poznan, there is a 40 car grid limit for this round so everyone entered can get in easily and this will also be the same with the last round at Bathurst. Anyone not racing I can still take off the entry list to save people having to load extra cars that wont be racing.
  9. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well, I had some great fun racing at the back with Zero05, Squid and VeloXR.
    I did my best to allow the Blue Flags though when the time was right, a very tight and tricky track for passing.
    Congratulations to the Podium winners!
    Happy with my results this season, however that was the last race for me. I should be able to do a couple of fun laps until Friday night then I am out for a few weeks.
    Thanks all for helping me learn the race craft, especially @Rolz, it has helped me improve over the last few seasons.
    Such a welcoming bunch of talented racers,I am happy to have found this league.
    Looking forward to the next season with what ever car is chosen.
    Hopefully my wheel gets repaired / replaced before then.
    See you all on the Tarmac!
    Rolz, marty, jlynn777 and 3 others like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I believe the next car is the Vette GTE and tour of the americas for tracks, though I’m sure that could change :)
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Nice one Bogor, Enjoy the holidays!
  12. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Does anyone have the replay files?. My game only recorded up to about lap15 each race :(.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just checked and I only have race 2's replay, switched over to content manager and seems this kept old replays not the latest ones as the stock launcher was doing for me.
  14. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Would you be able to upload race 2? I found that race more enjoyable so it will be good to watch the whole race
  15. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Pretty happy with that round. Hadn't done any prac in over a week so I'll definitely take it.
    After the fun-run round, I decided to try a more casual approach and it worked out nicely, with a lot of luck.
    Did a PB in qualy although it was only good enough for 14th.
    Some brief testing made me think I could take the SS to the end, which worked a treat - particularly on cold tyres.
    I owe my result to a lot of people making mistakes, so bad luck to you guys but also....thank you! ;)
    Finished 6th in the end :thumbsup:

Second sprint, started 7th, with the SS on again made it to 3rd by the end of the first lap :eek:
    Had fellow TTB big dog @krunch one place in front in second. I was happy to sit behind and try to catch @Anon666 as a big, handsome, hard-shelled, ninja-turtle unit would hunt down it's meal.
    All was well until lap 13 when lag tripped me up into the back of Krunch, this allowed our meal to escape and also @Parkour to swoop past both of us.
    Then @c4rLo5 got up the inside of me on the exit of T2. There wasn't much room, I lit up the rears and I squirmed into him which punted him off. Was pretty keen to quit but TTB had a pretty poor attendance again.
    So re-dressed that with a pretty hairy track re-entry (sorry guys) and I was well down the order by then. Had one eye on car-radar and the other on realtime to find carlos. I caused a bit of a mess there so sorry for anyone involved :( it was a bit of a domino effect starting from something out of my hands.
    Despite this think I still had alright pace as @marty the machine's rear bumper was getting closer to me for once haha (who may or may not of been held up :whistling:).

Shaun's incident was pretty bad, but I think the guys getting blue flags do a seriously good job in general. Around that track in particular it would of been very tricky to race and try not to impede the cars coming through.
    It was nearly a year ago when I had my first race league race and I spent most it on the grass trying to stay out of the way of everyone (it was Brands Hatch coincidentally) but the best thing I was told was to not do anything unpredictable, the quick guys know when and where to get past.
    Thanks for the racing guys :)
    marty, Godzilla and Bogor like this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race report.

Was still not back to usual pace with the new hardware, mostly adjusting to heel toe braking on the new pedals doesn't feel that natural yet. I tend to prefer right foot brake with heel toe even if not needing clutch up or down, tried a different setting on the night but still struggled for outright pace. Will maybe try stick to LFB or get better feel with the heel toe method as I wasn't that comfortable under braking yet leaving a few tenths out there which is quite a bit in this competitive and quick field.

Qualy was a battle, not really traffic issues surprisingly on this small and busy layout for me but I was just a bit slow. I think I was about 12th as I crossed the line before my final lap and put in something reasonable last attempt to get onto the 3rd row.

Race 1 I just hoped to keep it clean and make up a couple spots if possible, had a good little battle with @Godzilla early as he passed me but then I got him back. From there due to others misfortunes I ended up 2nd not making any actual passes, which was a better result then expected here.

Race 2 starting 11th, had an ok but cautious first lap followed by some brain farts lap 2. Running wide t1 and again last turn dropped back down to 17th. From there I tried to make up as much as possible and keep it clean, had a couple contacts I don't think I could have done much about. First with boomstick on lap 6 last turn, here I was as far inside as possible but he still wanted this bit of road with the contact pushing him wide and cost him some spots. Nowhere else for me to go as I was already as tight as possible leaving all the rest of the track to the other car which also wanted some of my room on the inside.

Lap 12 t3 @jasondull1986, we entered the brake zone side by side with me outside, he did outbrake me but then couldn't make the corner and pushed me off the track running well wide. He did spin here but I didn't redress as I couldn't have left any more room and ended up pushed all 4 wheels off track before his spin.

Lap 13 I caught up to a pack of cars which must have had 1 lapped car in the middle of it and a bit of chaos, I caught the cars into 2nd last turn and was going outside when the inside car moved across and I had to move right to avoid contact sending me into the grass.

From there I made one more brain fade into t1 running wide and losing a spot to @mesafto who I chased home to the line for 8th. Not a great result for me but I didn't expect much this round a bit down on pace and the regular carnage that occurs in sprint rounds. Was fun racing back in the pack a bit and all around me drove reasonably well, slower cars were trying to stay out of the way maybe overdoing it a bit and slowing too much or running off road when they don't need to. Its not easy if your a lapped car and a pack of cars catches them battling for position so having some issues is kind of expected in these sort of races.

I think its good practice for all though to learn how to deal better with traffic, both having a short track and reverse grid racing. It also mixes up the results a bit as luck plays a part unfortunate to those that got the bad end of that but its a part of racing. You win some and lose some, as long as people are tyring to leave space and not purposefully running others off track
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did add my full race replay in the video but can also upload the replay file if you want it to see your race.
  18. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Yeah if you would be able to. I really wanna see my race with krunch ??
    Didnt realize i got that good of a start in race 2 haha
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

JayJAY likes this.
  20. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie