Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

mobile is pretty good @marty
    hope u make it
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Marty! Marty! Marty! Marty!
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

No joy ADSL connection is still coming and going, my mobile connection is not great at home in a poor reception area so not worth ruining others race with my poor connection. Have fun guys hopefully Rolz has managed to sort the server tonight as I am not setup to connect with my mobile IP but can try if its needed.
  4. Rolz

:cry::cry:
    server should be good, but you'll be missed mate
    marty likes this.
  5. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Blackout!!! Can't believe it... Hopefully we get power here soon
  6. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

That sucks man, was looking forward to racing you tonight
    c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  7. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Still waiting for power ☹️ good luck!
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  8. Rolz

krunch, c4rLo5, tezpez85 and 4 others like this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done Shaun, Rolz and Terry on the podium and very well done Shaun on the championship. Bad luck marty, nbn doing what nbn does best, breaking stuff...

That was an intense race, didn’t go as well as I had hoped but a great experience anyway. P4 quali and in to P3 by T2, I’m sure Rolz loved that as he was forced to watch me pull away down the straights with my lack of downforce for 13 or so laps :) My laps on the softs weren’t to great but clean enough overal and got me ahead again after the first round of stops, at that point I thought I actually had a shot of a decent result but a mistake under pressure quickly cost me 3 spots, everyone was really close from p3 down. Was hoping for a good last stint but a small ish wall tap just before the second stop meant I lost about 5 extra seconds in the pit and a couple more places. Had a good battle trying to get past Krunch in the end, that was fun. Shame JayJay got through and put me back to p8 anyway.

Looks like I manage to keep my P3 so my highest championship finish, defenitly can’t complain about that! Thanks all for the great racing. Bring on the Vette, will be much nicer then these unruly beasts so looking forward to that
    krunch, c4rLo5, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  10. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

wd shaun, rolz and terry. Im still a bit to pissed off so don't have much to say haha
    tezpez85 likes this.
  11. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Grats all round! Good clean racing for the final race, some great battling with @Parkour, @Godzilla and @c4rLo5. Big ups to @Shaun_A for the championship and a big thumbs down to @Rolz for knocking me down to 5th in the championship :thumbsup: (j/k - top stuff!)
    Parkour, Godzilla and c4rLo5 like this.
  12. Rolz

Top racing again all!
    WD again @Shaun_A, certainly the man to catch next season!
    Seriously BL @JayJAY that really could have happened to any of us.

Super fun battles last night with @Godzilla! I just couldn't get past you and after pits u in front of me again for the 2nd stint! I was only gifted the pass on a loose moment from you or I would have probably been ur bumper ornament the whole evening :) Also heaps of stress having @tezpez85, @c4rLo5 and @Parkour on my arse! Could have gone anyway thought the night!

Thanks everyone for taking part! Hope you all had fun, I know I did... I think I was finally getting the hang of these beasts by the end... :)

Will get one or two fun runs going before S16 starts so hope to see you all there!
    jlynn777, tezpez85, Parkour and 2 others like this.
  13. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Ok... It was an interesting race. Got the jump on Shaun off the start and it was basically just me trying to pull a gap on him which I did but he caught back up. It was like that for a while. Came up to a lapped car and it put me off a little and I missed my breaking marker. Shaun ended up getting past but the same lap I ended up getting back past. Shaun went into the pits and I stayed out 1 extra lap. He came out in front as I took almost a full tank of fuel and he didn't.

He then when into the pits again and came out around 6 second behind me. This is where the race became so much fun for me..... Around the middle of the track on the fast left hand corner the car just didn't turn. It just went sliding into the wall and I bounced off but couldn't keep it straight and it went straight into the inside wall and :):):):)ed my steering..... I took that corner just like every other lap but it didn't want to turn this time. I guess I must of nicked the. Curb a little and the car just bounced so I couldn't get any grip but still.. I had about a 7 second lead on Shaun when it happened. His tyres were cold as well so I could of pulled at least 8-9 second lead and there was about 9 laps left so I was in a good position. I went to the pits and came out in 9th but managed to get past 2 people and finished 7th.
    I'm just so pissed.... I was finally winning a race without the help of lapped cars getting in Shaun's way.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Bad luck mate, was surprised to see you come up behind me at the end, thought you were way down the road.
  15. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Thanks for a great first season guys. I only made half the rounds and ran convincingly at the rear but had a blast doing so. Thank you for letting me be part of it.
    Is the Vette confirmed for next season?
    jlynn777 and tezpez85 like this.
  16. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I'm guessing the bosses will put up a new thread to vote on the car?
  17. Rolz

Due to the Vette just missing out to the v8's its automatically locked in this time
    So we're (me in particular) more organised with collating skins etc appropriately before the season starts not on the night just before the first race kicks off :oops:
    kylemaher23, c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Congrats to @Shaun_A for the season win just too good in the 2nd half. Had I made the race it wouldnt have changed this unless I crashed you out as you lapped me. :roflmao:

I do like enduro races but my mobile connection used to be good but seems it turned to :poop: the last month or so compared to how it was also so was not worth even trying to race with that. Getting fibre to the curb at the highest speed supposed NBN100 but claims of peak speeds at 82 should hopefully be good but it could end worse with some NBN horror stories lol.

I think next season as long as its all officially announced early enough and we set skin deadlines like 8pm Friday before the race this can done easily enough. Same with race entries have a deadline entering after this getting possibly added as a reserve but not guaranteed.

No real need for everyone to rush everything last second when the season races always start at the same time each Monday. It shouldnt be a surprise for people and they can get their :poop: in order well before 9PM on a Monday night I think to make it easier to manage for all.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  19. Rolz

20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Gratz @Shaun_A on the championship win. Back to back with last season cementing your title as the man to beat! @marty for another ever consistent podium season and @Godzilla just pipping @Rolz (and @tezpez85 rounding out top 5) after the drop for first taste of a step on the podium and a place in the HoF. WD. :thumbsup:

Very close in the teams championship. TTB coming up with the best haul of the season but not enough to hold IGN off after a sustained late charge to dodge the wooden spoon. PAG at the top all the way just holding out TGM throughout.

Looks like it's been a great season thanks to all participating. Great to see so many new names on the board, hope you stick around for season's to come :)

[​IMG]
    krunch, tezpez85, kylemaher23 and 5 others like this.