Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Might be a bit late for the race tonight man, gotta get you booked in the server and skinned etc?? Get online, esp for Thurs to get your eye in and meet the guys. Will make it happen for next week though.
    Andrew Malcolm likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive seen you in the practice server a few times, I will add you to the start list in a Holden if you want to race tonight. You will get into the locked entry server in a few minutes as I will restart it once the current session is over.

EDIT: You should now have access to the race night server
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Andrew Malcolm likes this.
  3. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Chatting to @Ringo at work today he said his preference is the Nissan. So @marty please put him in the Nissan unless he states otherwise.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok will do.
  5. Ringo

Ringo New Recruit

Thanks Bogor, yes Nissan please if possible
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey guys, bit late for this race, but checksum error usually means you need to update the track or car or both. Links are in the OP.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

krunch, kylemaher23 and c4rLo5 like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Updated 1st post with track for next round, Estoril no chicane layout will be used. 2 x 13 laps with reversed grid race 2 for the top 12.

Track has a 30 car grid limit so if anyone is unable to make the round please let us know so we can ensure someone else gets a go. Beyond that all those that have already raced in at least 1 of the first 2 rounds will get priority for entry but as we still only had 27 starters this week as long as those not racing let us know everyone that wants to race should be able to get a start.

The locked entry server with custom skins will be put up once we have the current season standings as entry is based on season points.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

After checking results only 2 of the new guys @niterida and @Andrew Malcolm didn't run both compounds during the race of those that finished. The penalty for this is 30 seconds race penalty but as they finished 24th and 25th a few laps down the penalty wont effect the results.

Just be aware next Normal or Endurance round you must run both compounds during the race. For sprint rounds there are no stops required and you can run any compound for the race.
  10. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Ok, I believe this to be a good layout. Could be a bit of fun to run on.
    marty likes this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Fairly quiet race overall, not fast enough to bother the guys in front and big enough gap to the guys behind to be safe from a chllange, other then @tezpez85 coming through at huge pace, but that spot was changed when I pitted anyway. Never really got to grips with the last two tracks so fairly happy to be going forward from my starting spot instead of backwards.
    ed40t likes this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Hey @mesafto and @NPRK just had a look at the replay on my end.
    I think my ping must of spiked at a really poor time. Even though it doesn't show on my end, looking at Mesafto's replay and the incident report it seems like I smashed into you and played a spot of lawn bowls with you. Sorry about that, will cop a penalty if applicable. It usually sits around 80 but I did notice it at some stages briefly up around 130.

Had a pretty scrappy race, lap one made contact with someones front bumper at the exit of T4 and was demoted to about 3rd last with light damage :cry: Had a fun drive to 11th where @ed40t greeted me. With him all over me I went for a pit stop lap 10 to put on the SS.
    A couple laps later had the unfortunate incident seen above and I guess as karma I had a silly spin in the hairpins the same lap :rolleyes:
    Then I had team mate @AaronSutton just in front but couldn't close up on him, managed to sneak past when he ran wide onto the grass at T4. Not too stoked with my drive but I'll definitely take 10th. Was bizarre seeing Ed only one place in front of me across the line :eek:
    Thanks for the racing guys and well done again @marty
    Looking forward to the sprint round I think you guys will enjoy Estoril :)
    Anon666, ed40t, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Q1 - super stoked to get 3rd was expecting it to be close and it certainly was. :D
    R1 - Solid start and managed to squeeze past Tezpez and Shaun at T4... I think then Shaun was riding my arse for close to 8 laps until I finally made a mistake... should probably have battled to keep the possy, but I knew I was pushing my luck defending and driving as hard as I did... would only be a matter of time where I'd make a silly mistake. :rolleyes:
    Pitted lap 19 and came out in front of Tezpez, but tires were cold so there was no need to be silly like last week and try too go hard... Was really happy with how I kept the car on the track... all week when doing the sprints I would come off on a stuff-up. Really starting to like Okayama! Tight and challenging track that's for sure
    Thanks for the racing last night, bravo to Marty and well done for the podiums Shaun and Tezpez :thumbsup:
    krunch, Anon666, tezpez85 and 3 others like this.
  14. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Thanks for the Racing guys.

Had a better stint on the S Tyres compared to the SS. I seemed to run better and the car felt better for me.
    Had a run in with@mesafto as i tried to out brake him but was all my fault. I waited till he got back on track to go again.
    Only issue i had was the the Penrite Holden flashing in front of me every now and then.
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. kylemaher23

kylemaher23 New Recruit

Thanks for the opportunity to have a run.
    Was only 5-6 secs off the pace....haha. Add to that the fact I had to pit twice because i put the wrong tyres on. Good fun though.
    Anon666 likes this.
  16. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Hey everyone. I haven't been here for a while now :( but I have time to race and and if it's possible I would like to do some races this season?
    Doublevision and Anon666 like this.
  17. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey @jlynn777
    All good mate, dont worry about it, these bugs/glitches happen. Good to see your onboard footage as two things happened at the corner! o_O

@DarrenO, all good Darren, you had pace on me, thanks for waiting for me. Very gentlemen like!

This round was a write-off for me, had the two incidents and i think i was 2laps down so i decided to retire. Onwards to Estoril.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I can add you to the end of the que, you will be entry 35 so on grid limited tracks it will depend on others sayong they cant make the race. Next round has 30 spots but most starters we have had so far is 27 so your still a good chance. A few have entered and not done a race yet so I will contact all these guys later to see if they are planning to run or not.

I see your guid in the guid thread so will put you on the whitelist for the open server. Also let me know what car you want to run in for when I put you into the main server.
  19. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Thanks a lot Marty. I'm a ford guy so I have to go for the ford :)
    Doublevision and marty like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary.

Qualy: Was very lucky to get pole by .007 :eek: from @tezpez85 struggled to get a clear lap but luckily just did enough.

Race: From pole on outside of track, got a good launch to get to t1 ahead. Saw it was quite busy behind, I put in a few good laps with clear track and made a bit of a gap early. From there I just pushed on trying to keep it clean and get through the traffic without issues.

They all did fairly well with no issues under blue flags, time was lost lapping most cars as expected but keeping an eye on the gaps to those behind, they made it through about the same as me keeping the gap fairly steady at this point.

I put on the ss tyres for the last 10 laps, I had 5 or 6 laps of clear track and was able to get in some solid laps to extend the gap a little to hang on for the win.

Here is lap 1 of external cams, I also found how to make the name tags a bit bigger this time.
    krunch, Anon666, Bogor and 9 others like this.