Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Kind of like this. :oops:

At least you only need to replace a bolt, that guy needed to fix more then his broken brake line.
    Bogor, Rolz, andyo450 and 1 other person like this.
  2. squid

squid Rookie

There's some tricky corners on this track.....
    andyo450, Bogor, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Finally got my NBN connection, only really took 1 call to Aussie once they were ready to connect me. They got an NBN tech out today and he got me hooked up.

[​IMG]

The issue was that my line was never even connected to the Fibre :rolleyes: for the FTTC connection, No fkn idea what Optus was doing and why they couldn't even get anyone out. At least I think Aussie is a better ISP and with no contract plus getting the speed I pay for should be nice.

I wont be racing this week as all my sim gear was put away and will need some time to setup again but I should be good to race again from next week.
    tezpez85, krunch, Bogor and 6 others like this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good stuff. Yeah, Aussie are really good, they actively monitor contention and keep it low so no stupid slow downs. Will be getting nbn with them as well soon for my new place
    marty likes this.
  5. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Sorry all, especially Krunch. Dunno what my net was doing, I thought it was you but then it started warping hard. Best I quit before i stuff anyone elses race. Was actually enjoying it, shaping up to being a good battle with old mate. Spewin.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yeah bad luck Ed. We were having a good battle there :). I know how dodgy connections can be mate. It really sucks when hits in the Monday race. It was so weird to see you make that pass onto the back straight only to reverse in to me lol! Could have been a lot worse than it turned out for me so I'm thankful. I went across the grass and lost a position or two but by the end of the race I was back in 6th where I'd started anyway. All good :thumbsup:
    ed40t likes this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Far from a smooth race, some great battles though, especially with @tezpez85 at the end there. Plan was to either get @Rolz in quali and stay ahead on softs or jump him off the line, this went well and got better grip as well as the inside. Thought if I managed to stay calm and be smooth on the softs I should pull away and be good for second, this did not go to plan sadly :( Got in my own head and started making mistakes giving p2 back to Rolz fairly quickly and a few unfourtunate incidents and fairly serious front bar damage ended any hope for a podium, damn P4 curse, 4 in a row now, wish I had @andyo450 P1 curse...
    Some great racing as always, congrats to the podium finishers, hopefully find some more consistency for the last few races
    krunch, Rolz, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  8. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Good! Challenge Andy!
    Rolz and andyo450 like this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Indeed! While we were close throughout the race and even traded positions earlier in the race, I thought I might share the last lap as a good example of great race craft for any newcomers.

Excellent defensive positioning, all the while leaving racing room - this is as close as you can and should get without banging wheels!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Rolz, andyo450, marty and 3 others like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Looks good, was a bit worried that I’ll understeer in to you with the damage but worked out just ok thankfully
    tezpez85 likes this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Results I got tricked into posting in the wrong area sorry :p
    http://simresults.net/180827-tR7

Congrats @andyo450 for the win and stiggy for the podium :thumbsup:

Q1 - Again very happy with my qual time, was never really expecting to put andy under any real pressure here.
    R1 - decided to go with Mediums (my driving style burns the softs to a crisp so kudos to all that could drive on them :roflmao:)
    I knew first lap would be the toughest getting the medium up to speed and maintain position... @Godzilla helped throw that out the window with a brilliant start and p3 certainly had a better spot on the track to start with for T1.
    This track really only had (for me) the back main straight as the passing opportunity, if I was close enough... my aero was lower than most for this reason... was able to stay close enough to godz and keep him looking in the mirror... was fortunate in the corner before main straight he went slightly wide and I managed a pass...
    Now it was try to make my distance behind andy respectable... andy did let me get within 1.8-2secs of him and sadly I had a bit of a brain fade and went wide... this pushed distance to 6secs and I thought ok just be consistent and no mistakes.
    Pitted end of L16 and put hards on... just kept doing some laps and was actually doing some pretty sweet times on the hards but again pushed too hard and had a decent off, dropped a heap of time :eek:
    Did the figurative "what are you doing you numpty face slap" and pushed for consistent sensible laps... stiggy was monstering the time gap, but fortunately I had enough to keep the place :)

I've really been lucky to gel with this car and build a setup to suit the track(s)
    Since getting a new setup flowchat it's helped me out a bit
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtm9iwvccbnsq2r/Roadracing.pdf?dl=0
    If it helps you please think of leaving the chap a donation... it's less than a beer at a pub really

New servers are up
    @marty you've been added back on, still with TGM but I think this needs to be reviewed :coffee:
    @Killercarlcox69 you're also added to the locked server
    Cyas online! :D
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

13. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Once again another pretty average race by me. I'm definitely proving to myself I need to do a couple hundred thousand laps of prac just to stay on the track, and then some to get within 1 sec of @Rolz with the same setup!
    I think VIR is awesome and would love to stay at the hotel there IRL. 'Heaven on Earth' - Paul Newman said about it :thumbsup:, although I just couldn't find confidence to push around it.
    Did a PB for qualy that was good enough for 8th but still over 2 seconds off @andyo450 :cry:
    Despite this, I was excited as @krunch @ed40t myself @Anon666 and @Mael were separated by 0.6 seconds and expected a race long battle :D
    With my heart thumping, had a pretty good start and was happy to see everyone was very cautious into T1. Anon had a go up the inside but my better traction on the outside saw me comfortably get the inside line for the next corners. Not sure what happened but saw him pirouetting on the grass on that uphill section not long after.
    Managed to slipstream Ed on the back straight which I was stoked with but was then like...oh crap, Ed's behind me now. Next lap got right behind krunch who looked vulnerable on the H's, he had a moment on the last corner and I zipped through up the inside. Then a lap or so later Krunch had that unlucky incident with Ed...and that was about the extent of my race as I couldn't catch the guys in front to save my life.
    Kept cruising along in no mans land with my pace/confidence falling away and eventually pitted lap 17 when I went off on the last corner. Wasn't sure what tyre to put on but went with the S for the last couple laps.
    Came out right in front of krunch that I managed to keep behind until my tyres heated up. Think I kept him at bay for a lap or so but knew being overtaken was inevitable and just wanted to make sure I didn't tag him like last week :whistling: Sure enough got sideways into T12 before the back straight, cooked up my rears and then went goat sighting at the end of that straight. Well done krunch, great recovery drive :thumbsup:
    Well done to the podium getterers! Will be good to have @marty involved next week to shake up that finishing order!
    krunch, tezpez85, ed40t and 2 others like this.
  14. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Pretty good race for me. I know this track pretty well so i was up to speed after about 5 laps in practice. The rest of the week was spent trying to figure out how to use the softs over a race stint.

Put together a good lap in for qualy on the soft. Nice job from @Rolz to grab 2nd on the mediums.

Got a decent start and got a bit of a gap to @Godzilla. I was hoping he would keep Rolz at bay for a few more laps so i could take it easy on the softs but Rolz was quick on the mediums. It was tricky to keep a decent gap to Rolz. I had 44.5s in the car but the tyres would only take one lap at that pace before the left rear temp went through the roof. Even doing mid 45s i was tiptoeing through a few corners. Rolz made a mistake that gave me a bit of space and a few laps later i was coming up to some traffic so i decided to pit to put the mediums on. I was much more comfortable on them and was able to push a bit harder for the rest of the race.

Well done to Rolz and Stig on their podiums
    krunch, tezpez85, Bogor and 4 others like this.
  15. squid

squid Rookie

Nice of someone to mod in mid-ohio before they'd finished properly surfacing it...
    Godzilla and jlynn777 like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, she’s a bit of a bumpy ride...
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Hi Guys
    Been around Raceonoz for a while now (hey HAT ).;)
    Im hoping to try S17 season when it kicks off . Looking forward to Assetto Corsa Competizione when it kicks off also .
    Playing Iracing atm but going to try to do both .:confused:
    jasondull1986, rossi0nsx and Rolz like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why the shoutout to me??
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Going to be a mad season, see you then.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID