Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thats wierd, I downloaded it last night and updated it but still gave an error. I may be 'doing it wrong', ill try again.
    Rolz likes this.
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

If you don't have CM (like me) then you have to copy and paste in all the new files in manually I believe.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just got it then, the link has it packaged for CM so if you don't have it you need to go past the mods/Watkins glen folders and copy the contents folder into your root AC folder, you can copy all 3 of these folders but only the content one should be needed for the track without CM.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Not sure how i'll go tonight. There's a few thunderstorms around and they usually bring a blackout with them :(.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That’s not ideal, hopefully holds out for you
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

i just got a blackout and havent even got storms in the area. Looks like I will miss this round anyway, but with barely 1 lap under my belt in an hour just trying to get the game sorted. Even if I get power back in the next few minutes theres not much point joining in with no idea about this combo.

I will try make the final round but am away for the next 4 weeks.
  7. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

sorry blokes wont be able to make it tonight, have fun at the boot!
  8. andyo450

:mad:
    It didn’t. That was shaping up to be a ripper too. Not sure i even had the pace to stay with @tezpez85. I was hoping maybe i could nurse the tyres a bit better or maybe use an overcut to get ahead somehow. I think i might’ve been pushing :poop: uphill though.
    Awesome pace Tez anyway. Bring it home for Ignition :thumbsup:.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  9. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Ai' ai' Captain. The replay looked funny, just the body of the car floating into the clouds while the wheels were on track. Hopefully I can match your speed elsewhere during the season.
    andyo450 and jlynn777 like this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done @tezpez85
    Really good pace, hopefully I can keep up over the rest of the races...
    Bad luck there @andyo450 with the power, always crap when it’s something out of your hands that ends your race.

This track was much better for me then eastern creek, hopefully the rest will go well also. Sadly I’ll be missing the next round as I’ll be away but back for my home race at Barbagallo :)
  12. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Good stuff @Godzilla & @Rolz. Don't remember having such a rippa start to the season.

Was struggling with the setup all week - the rear just kept wanting to come round on all the right handers after 5 or so laps. It was only really in final prac that I decided to split the setups into a softer qually one and stiffer race setup which I knew was 'safe' for the majority of the stint.

The race was good and clean with no major incidents. @Godzilla kept the pressure on throughout - I knew that one slip up on the long uphill right hander could cost up to 4-5 seconds. Bad luck @andyo450 on the power cut. In the 5 laps that you were in there I could not widen the gap, so it definitely would have been interesting at the end.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Nice one @tezpez85! :thumbsup: Yeah bad luck @andyo450 I was hoping to see a good battle... or hear of it as you both disappeared into the sunset... well done on the podium @Godzilla! :)
    Q1 - Off my normal times, but then it was lower grip and I just was off pace compared to last week... I put it down to missing 2 days of prac (~4-5hrs driving) due to work related commitments... but u get that :rolleyes:
    R1 - Good clean start and then just settle down and race, my driving style kills tires (NFI why) so I was super conscious this time to not go balls to the wall and kill them, but that then put me in the middle and ended up quite a lonely race... @pb1 would start to catch up and I'd squeeze a faster lap out to maintain distance... had one slight off and that did enough front and rear damage to prevent anything better than a 1:48.5... I'll take the podium gimmie

First Endro for S18!!! :D Love them and usually shattered by the end of 90min of racing... Tor Pozan is a challenge too!!

Server04 is up! Will do distance Server05 after a few days of working out laptimes... I've also dropped tirewear to 150% for the enduro round... will see if we actually need it on for the enduro with 90min of racing...
    andyo450, jlynn777, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well done Tez, Godz and Rolz az the podium getterz! Lookz like I need to add the letter Z to my name if I iz to get some winz or podiumz!

Bad luck Andy - pretty tough to lose out on a win or podium result like that.

Well my race went downhill faster than the approach to T1. I have to thank my sponsors "stupid Australian internet" for all they do, as without them I couldn't have destroyed my race so spectacularly.

In qualy I started slow which I'm told isn't the best approach for that session. After some scrappy laps left me in the midpack I finally hooked it up and landed a ripper final lap. I knocked nearly a second off my PB and slotted into 6th. I'd had minimal practice after a week from hell so I was really happy with that.

My start was fine and through the first few corners I was having a nice tussle with PB. Approaching the chicane I had to concede and backed off slightly slotting in behind. Suddenly the race exploded and I saw cars flying around all directions. There were a couple of weird unrealistic hits and I spun to the grass on the inside of the chicane. I rejoined the track in last position with no one left in sight and with some bodywork damage. I realised I'd had a 'connection issue' and hoped I hadn't taken anyone else out. I can't tell from the replay either so if I did hit anyone in that opening lap warp please let me know.

I carried on but as I approached other cars I asked them to let me know if I was warping. I was fully prepared to exit the race (as Jason did) but it seems it settled down. The car was still fun to drive and only had a bit of aero damage slowing me down a little. I did pull back a few places mostly due to the misfortune of Andy, Jason, and others so a few points for the team at least.

Apologies to Bogor for our collision. I saw you go wide as Anon passed you into the chicane so I tried to cut back under you into the first LH but I think you were losing the car a bit and the gap closed up. I redressed in case it was my fault. Hope you didn't sustain too much damage mate.

Near the end I was catching Mael in 11th and was looking forward to a bit of a battle. But then he just handed me the spot by spinning out and denying me a decent battle. So in defiance I immediately went off and snagged the wall, taking steering damage and cracking the windscreen just to show him I was having none of his charity. With my damaged car it wasn't long before he got past but not before we'd had a bit of a battle :). Maybe neither of us wanted to be the 1st outside the top 10.

So despite the internet trying to ruin my night I had fun. In that way I was luckier than some last night.
    Rolz, tezpez85, Bogor and 4 others like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Did you put twice @Shaun_A ?
    Prety sure crew chief told me that you were piting ahead then a lap later he told me you were piting again
    Shaun_A likes this.
  17. andyo450

Well done on the win Tezpez, and Rolz and Godzilla on the podiums. Nice work pb coming home in 4th as well.
    tezpez85 and Godzilla like this.
  18. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Yes. Didn't select the change tyres option. Had set the pressures but forgot to select compound.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Ahh, that makes sense, was wondering how you were showing in front of me after we both pited, then got told you are going in again, thought I was going crazy for a bit there
  20. pb1

pb1 Rookie

Not sure I'll be able to repeat that, but I'll take the place it and give it a red hot go for next race ;). Dunno where I can get -1 second from, but Tez shows it's doable; better than 16th from last round.. Kudos to the podium getters and @andyo450 how about: https://powerbackups.com.au/ups-sys...omputers-desktop-pcs-workstations-and-laptops ;). BL @Shaun_A , you were hounding me constant, I was treading a fine line between trying to catch rolz and keep you off ma' tail; the boot's sketchy as when your under pressure like that.
    tezpez85 and jlynn777 like this.