Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Think i just worked out why i was significantly slower compared to the practice i was doing during the week... FPS(VR)!
    Was able to hit mid 55's during the week with one or two drivers online, then as soon as qually and race started mid 56s was my average. My FPS went below 30FPS once i joined the servers.
    Does full servers equate to more CPU load than GPU? ( my cpu is pretty old :/ )
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Long story short, yes! :( Also if you run lots of on screen in game apps also kills FPS... recommend testing offline with AI to see if u can tune and squeeze the most out of your rig... Disabling Post-Processing is a good one if ur struggling, but u lose some eye candy (exhaust flames) and break lights are harder to see...

WD on the Winners (@andyo450 @TheStig13) Congrats on Podium @Shaun_A

Epic battle first race @tezpez85 I was a puddle of sweat by the end and sorry for the last little bump on the last corner... I think end result it should have been much closer (if possible).

Race 2 - sorry again @mesafto for the poor track rejoin.... I should have come on more gradual :(

Would do a bigger race write up, but ACC build 6 has been released (ROOZ Server updated and up) and the changelog is massive... will take a few reads to digest... and I have a bit of real work to do today :laugh:

Server 04 is up with next week's race

Cheers all :D
    tezpez85, andyo450, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  3. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks for the tips. I was wondering why I was slower in comparison to practice times. I just couldnt pick braking and acceleration points. First real season with VR in AC, happy though!

All good with the rejoin, its hard to pick where drivers are coming from behind. I was coming up the hill and avoided you by going off, so no damage luckily!
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Made my race more exciting was a good battle race 2
    jlynn777 likes this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Well done @Shaun_A, @Rolz and @TheStig13 on the podiums.

That went about as well as a sprint round could go for me. I was thinking p2 was the best place to start before the race. After seeing how close prac was I gave up on that idea. It all worked out at the end of qually though :D. Shaun put in lap I couldn't quite match.

Got a good start for race 1 and I heard Shaun spin up his rears beside me so I managed to grab the lead out of T1. My first few laps on cold tyres were what won that race for me I think. Shaun had better pace in the second half of it.

Started right at the back for race 2 which again, was perfectly fine with me. Was super cautious on the first lap which paid off. I managed to avoid the bit of argy-bargy that went on. I had Shaun breathing down my neck for most of the race as I tried to pick my way through the field. There was a slight bit of contact with @cameron beller when we both got a tiny bit sideways through t6. Eventually I came across Stig. I had an opportunity to pass him pretty early (which I didn't realise until midway into the braking zone) but I was a bit too cautious. Stig was taking a different line into most corners which threw me off for a bit and with Shaun still right behind I decided against trying something different. Tez caught up with us and had a few laps battling with Shaun which gave me a bit more of a chance to have a crack at Stig. He was getting off the corners really quickly though so I never really got a shot at him. A good example of defensive driving without actually having to defend.

That was a really fun round. This Porsche turns on some pretty decent racing.

@mesafto the two reflection options used to be a big fps hit, not sure if they still are or not though.
    tezpez85, Rolz and marty like this.
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Pretty close to the mark mate! - top ender you could say :).
    Long story short:
    - I've been renting an old cabin with an asbestos roof since last June
    - December hailstorm damages roof
    - roof leaks for 2 months
    - suddenly I get kicked out so they can replace asbestos with steel roof
    - can move back once it is finished but no-one knows how long that will be
    - have to move all my stuff into storage
    - dumb roofer doing pre measuring falls through roof into my bedroom dumping :):):):) on my yet to be moved stuff
    - 5 days of panic moving nearly kills me
    - now staying with family (which may yet kill me if it goes on too long)

ah well, aint life grand :)
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sounds like some good racing this season, and Andy is getting pushed by a few guys which is nice to see. :alien::D
    andyo450 likes this.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That's a massive kick in the balls man, hope it gets sorted soon. As a person who has met a Dr I feel qualified to prescribe 3 stiff rums to be mixed only with ice and tonsils. Your throat should be well lubricated before taking this medication, a 6 pack of Coopers green should sort that out. Once a day please, although a double dose is occasionally required on Fridays and Saturdays.

As for the races, had fun race one although got a bit ronely. I ran out of contact cleaner and hoped last weeks weird glitch was a one off. 3 or 4 laps to go in race 2 and I realise I've only got 3/4 of the throttle....farrrk, 2 weeks in a row!! Will buy more contact cleaner this week and try again on Monday...
    jlynn777, krunch and KoAStR like this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Good round!

R1: Just greased up @Rolz's behind oilier than a penguin in an oil slick the whole race. Couple of nudges here and there, but some great defensive posturing meant there was no way through.

R2: Coming through the field was super hazardous. Some people were getting real loose. When I got to @TheStig13 (Stiggy, or Stiglets), he was taking some very variable braking points into the long right hander. I got caught out and braked to avoid hitting him, but got 2 wheels bogged in the gravel. @andyo450 and @Shaun_A came flying past, but they too couldn't get past Stiggy. That let me catch up. @Shaun_A botched the final corner with a few laps to go which allowed me to pass into T1. Then he was all over me. Final lap, coming up to the final corner I thought I had enough of a gap to take a normal line, but he absolutely sent it up the inside and made it stick. Daring, but great move! Settled for 4th both races.

Will unfortunately be missing next round. Will see ya's for the one after. :thumbsup:
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I can't argue with that sound medical advice and so I shall commence (er...continue) treatment immediately! :thumbsup:
    Anon666 likes this.
  12. astral soul

astral soul New Recruit

hey anyone got an idea on how many laps bathurst is going to end up being?
  13. Rolz

21 - prac server is up... sorry for delay, was too busy crashing into walls chasing @andyo450 last night... :p
    marty likes this.
  14. Hamish Gebbie

Hamish Gebbie New Recruit

Hey everyone looking to join in on this AC league hopefully there is still room hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

Always room, will sort Sever05 access over the weekend :thumbsup:
  16. Rolz

@Hamish Gebbie - server05 has u on there now to jump on... don't forget to download the skins from the first post or all cars will look white. :thumbsup:
  17. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

@Rolz Did we have trouble with the grid on this version of Bathurst for one of the fun runs? I think I remember two cars starting on the same grid slot or something like that happening.
  18. Rolz

Yes... I recall this... hmm, how to test... will see if I can load a bunch of AI in single player and see what happens...
  19. Rolz

Ok testing about 10 started with 25 cars and not one weird double up... I started at the back to make sure I could see any stuff but nothing... hopefully just a random stuff up
  20. Rolz

Thnx for ur patience in getting race 1 going... that rolling start actually worked very well, keen to look at trying that again some time
    Race 5 Results :)
    http://simresults.net/190311-a4H
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019