Season 19 - Tatuus FA01

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, May 4, 2019.

1. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

It was early i thought.
  2. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

It's not the length or timing or anything, it's just if you're not in your pit box (or over the line? dunno) by the time the timer hits 0, it's an instant DQ. I think some people underestimated how long that would take by a few seconds and got black flagged. Perhaps that's an issue with timed races where you need to pit...
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

With pits I did some checking and I had pits set to laps and race time set to min, where I needed to set pits to min as well... Server thought pit closed then after 24min not 24laps of the race... my bad sorry :eek::( :cry:
    Will make sure I don't have that next race or in the future
    tezpez85 likes this.
  5. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Sorry blokes, will miss the next round.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Crikey I just did my first longerish practice race of qualy plus 36 laps around spa (first race more than ten laps for me) and it freaking destroyed me. My shoulders are wrecked I’m sweating my brain is fried....from ‘playing on the computer’?!?!?

Loving it!
    mesafto, KoAStR, Bogor and 3 others like this.
  7. Rolz

jlynn777 and krunch like this.
  8. Rolz

9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Spa is an awesome track but was surprisingly really fun in the Tatuus. Congrats to all those who finished as 90 mins around there is an achievement!

Congrats to Andy, Rolz and Tez as the champagne sprayers!

First off I must apologise to you @jlynn777 for our early contact which could easily have ruined your race. I checked the replay and clearly I was at fault there. For some reason I thought you were further behind than you were so felt I had more room to turn in but I just ran you out of room on the apex. I felt a whack but I didn't even realise you'd spun! My awareness is usually better than that :(

I had an average race but by no means disaster. I felt my pace was reasonable but could only manage to qualify in 7th. 1.2 secs off Andy wasn't too bad at Spa I guess. Of course being one place in front of @Anon666 again was a definite highlight :roflmao:

I started on hards with the intention of then doing 2 stints on mediums. The opening laps were full of battles and was heaps of fun. After the unfortunate lap 2 incident with jlynn I had a ding dong battle with Mael until he finally prevailed and I trailed him until he pitted. I took the hards lap 15 then went onto mediums. Had a really cool battle with Anon and jlynn for 5th place for the whole stint. I was hoping to get 10 laps out of the mediums but they just dropped off a cliff by 7 so I had to pit early and go with my alternative of a longer final stint on hards.

That didn't work too well. I ended up behind both Anon and jlynn after we had all stopped and they just drove off into the sunset. No matter what I tried I could not get any speed out of the car on the hards and I was resigned to finishing a distant 7th. That was until anon handed me 6th place at the death after a late rendezvous with the wall (bad luck mate).

I've got to find some speed for the next round as I was just too slow at Spa.
    tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Congrats to @Andy and @Rolz on the 1st and 2nd - solid drives.

I came into this one without much practice at all, but thankfully the Barcelona setup worked reasonably well. I've driven Spa quite a bit, so when the car is acting right, I can tell. It worked great in the 1st stint on the mediums, I was even able to pass Andy and stay in front until the 1st pitstop. The second the mediums hit red I pulled into the pits because that last chicane was quite troublesome throughout even on good tyres.

I don't know if I'm just bad at driving on cold tyres but I lost over 3 seconds on each of the stops to Andy. Still, after the stops and the switch to hards, Andy was noticeably quicker and I couldn't pull any gap back. I decided to go conservative and go for another set of hards when I should have employed Rolz's strategy of going long on the hards. With about 7-8 laps to go, he popped out right in front of me, and I was like :eek:. I tried to get him on the cold tyres, and I got close, but once his mediums switched on it was seeya later. Great strategy and driving to get the hards that far mate!

Onwards we go...
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  11. Rolz

Congrats @andyo450 on the win and @tezpez85 on the podium!
    Was a great race! For a bit I was doubting myself when I started on hards and both andy and tez started on mediums... went out on massive leads, but my lap times weren't much slower on the hards and was hoping this would do me well closer to the end if I could make it without any mistakes (my biggest foe is the lose concentration on long races)
    overall was a lonely race watching laptimes if I was getting closer... as tez said I was stoked to pop out just infront of him after my last pits and managed to stave any pass until tires warmed up...
    Andy was just too far away and just ramped up the pace to crush any thoughts of getting closer lol :)
    90min is always a long race and a very well done to all that finish... they are character building for sure!

Round 5: 3/6/19
    Sprint Round - Sentul International
    Fuel and Tyres - No Forced Pit.
    Laps enough for 2x 22min race, will put up soon
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

All good, is a tight spot and it made my race pretty interesting in the end :) I have noticed VR boiz tend to struggle more with that sort of thing as I imagine it would be harder to use the radar, compared to screens where you can always see it.
    Those first couple laps were so good! I seemed to have less df than the cars around me and managed to get into 3rd briefly. Then had a little battle with @Rolz but I ran wide and dropped back into @krunch and @Mael battle.
    Came together with krunch so got a yellow front wing. On the hards the car was very understeery but I actually lost the rear a couple laps later and luckily didn't hit the wall.
    Decided to run the hards twice and finish on the mediums. The whole race I was trying to creep up on Krunch and @Anon666 which was seriously hard, I only seemed to make time when they got close to each other. Fortunately my car changed persona on the mediums even with the damage and was able to push and get ahead.
    Pretty happy with that race with a handful of prac laps...there's something about Spa and open wheelers :thumbsup:
    Well done @andyo450 @tezpez85 and @Rolz Thanks everyone for the race :D
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    krunch, Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  14. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

We seem to have two with a 7th placed finish at Spa there @KoAStR o_O
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Krunchy :oops:. Fixed up now
    krunch likes this.
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Would it still be possible to enter for the last 3 rounds? Or is better to wait until next season? Thanks!
  17. Rolz

no issues @fRZn
    Jump on discord and get password on the night :thumbsup:
    fRZn likes this.
  18. Rolz

hi all, Server05 is up with race distance.
    Sorry for the delay with this... I've been hit hard with flu inc the whole family so any online time has really suffered this week. :cry:
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Not feeling super great so won’t be making this one sadly, have fun all
  20. Rolz