Season 20 AC or ACC

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Next season should be raced in AC or ACC

1. AC

33.3%
  2. ACC

66.7%
  1. pb1

pb1 Rookie

I like the idea of racing every fortnight. From the porsche racing i did in S18 by the time it was race night and I'd sacrificed enough time the days before I was only just 'ok'. Fortnightly does space the championship out a bit, but should give all drivers a bit more practice time to really hone skills, which can be needed if you don't know the car, or track. racing weekly puts on a lot of pressure to be practising a couple of nights in the week every week which may be a bit untenable for some.

Are there any mods for ACC? I don't see a post for it if so.
    tezpez85 and KoAStR like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

ACC is very locked to GT3's
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I second PB’s idea for a longer season run fortnightly. Maybe with fun runs in between.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

After experimenting over the last couple weeks trying to make fun runs, and only managing 1/3 and probably missing tonight due to work...I also second (third?) this! Plus I need the practice more than you guys, I'm still learning some of the tracks!
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The main issue with this is if you were to run say an ACC 10 round season for all tracks that would take 20 weeks. Which is a big chunk of the year and youd really only get 2 seasons per year like this but its one way of dealing with less content. :D It does take a much longer term commitment and it would be probably less likely most will make the first and last round IMHO.

Maybe season 1 will be just a shorter one 4 rounds be it enduros or sprints as there still be teething problems and issues for the next month or months. General user numbers are still a fair bit down which after ACC gets some more core updates and has less issues the user base may build and so bigger fields for a second full 10 round season.

The 2019 update is supposed to be Q4 this year so season 2 can be 2018 Blancpain season and then season 3 2019 Season 4 maybe DLC1 whatever this will be.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It appears now the server is keeping the session start times as we set them, it was randomly looping in the last few builds.

Tonight's race weekend session setup is with a 6x time scale. Weather is dynamic so it can be anything but with shorter time scale it likely wont change as much during sessions, as it changes from 1 day to the next however it may be fairly different and grip should build throughout unless the rain washes it away again.

Friday
    8am 30 minute practice (will be 8PM est when we start the race server)
    2pm Qualifying 1, 10 minutes to set grid for Race 1

Saturday
    11am Qualifying 2, 10 minutes sets grid for Race 2
    6pm Race 1 30 minutes

Sunday
    7am race 2 30 minutes
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Got in late but still had fun... R1 really sorry about the tap M.Frost :(
    R2 was brilliant until ACC crashed on me... nevermind...
    cyas next time :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Bad luck rolz...very annoying when its the game that takes you out!

I had a great time working on my driving at the back, finished both and not last which I’m bery happy about!

Great racing at the front, awesome replays to watch.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys since we are sorta sitting on the fence and/or may switch back and forth here I've implemented prefixes (ACC and AC) for this forum so we can keep up discussions on both while keeping track of which is which. Please use when creating a new thread. Cheers.
    krunch, Rolz and marty like this.