SEASON 4 CAR

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 8, 2018.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m a low skill level driver and I approve of the Sauber :laugh:
    its-benny-racer and Anthonyb like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Hey guys, what was happening in that last race? I heard someone say I was lagging out badly. I also heard saying that I caused a crash for them on a corner but the odd thing was I was a couple of turns away from them on my side. I came to a corner and saw them sitting there a while after they said I'd caused them aggro :p

Anyhoo if it was on my end I apologize, no idea what was happening as the net should be ok with the kids all asleep.

I enjoyed the Merc and I had a play around with the 320TC earlier and that was also good fun. The first car we used when I joined was a nightmare (the one before the Merc)
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Sauber or Merc GT1 for me.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Sometimes a simple reset of you modem can fit lag issues, I normally reset my modem before I jump online
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah I usually do reset the router and modem but last night I did not. Its been so long since I sat and did multiplayer on anything that I seriously can't figure out how to use my Astro A50's. Must be two years since I've used them :p
    Does Pat (Arrogantz) still have a run?
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yo approximately how many GB of updates has this game had since release?
  7. its-benny-racer

I re-initialised my PS4 last week and I'm pretty sure it was 1 x 14GB download to get it all
    Spidey_11 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    16gb for me yesterday
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, was terrible lag, but i think it was more to do with being in the same room after so many people had come and gone. Your car was doing the stop on track then teleport 100 m up the road, but we could all see what was happening so was no biggie in a prac room.....As i say, was after we lost about 5 or 6 drivers and a couple came in so thats where the room gets much more unstable.....

As for last night, thanks for everyone who joined....for everyone else we tried the following cars
    - Sauber C9
    - Merc GT1
    - BMW TC
    - BMW Group C
    - Sierra Cosworth (just for :):):):)s and giggles)
    - Renault Megane V6 Trophy

Personally, i think the Merc GT1 was the best of the fast cars, but the BMW TC gave the best racing......The thing with the GT1 is the tyre wear which will definitely give some strat plays in the season. The BMW was easy to drive, easy to race with and easy to run different lines.....

Will be on again tonight with the same cars, different track, probs Nurb GP as it has a bit of everything good for testing....
    Sat night will be on something a bit bumpier and added rain too see how they go. ;)
    Stu
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Personally I think the TC will give an overall better experience for all. Like you said, the different driving lines will make for some great racing imo. The Merc is cool as well though. The Sauber was horrible, I can see half the lobbies being empty after a couple of races and no chance of good racing in the rain, at least for me lol.
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

We need to have some kind of variety, I put the TC in the same category as the S1 GT3 and the S2 GT4, Tin tops that have relatively low torque compared to their grip levels.

We are 3 seasons out of 3 with cars where I feel like I'm using the throttle like an on/off button and waiting for it to get up to speed, from what I gather, several of the guys that have done the 1st 3 seasons are itching for something with a bit more grunt.
    v8power383 likes this.
  12. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    PaulCox likes this.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    [​IMG]
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I agree with benny on the TC and if you find yourself all alone it's going to put you to sleep
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks to the guys who had a run last night and tried all the different cars.....
    will def be on again tonight as missus and 2 kids are away......Will have to duck out at about 9:45 though to pick up the other one from a party :ninja:

The Sauber i think will be a No !
    The thing is really unstable and i reckon will give almost 0 chance of close pack racing. Its a pig in the slower speed, low gear corners as well. @Racepace and i made slight contact last night in a slow speed corner and it was race over. Hat eto think what anything at speed would look like !

I think of the other cars suggested its down to the Merc GT1 and BMW TC.

The Merc is certainly fast, sounds great and much easier to control. I think that with some practice all drivers will feel they can 'race' each other in this car. The other thing is that the tyre wear is pretty brutal on 'accelerated' so the good old pit strat definitely comes into play. I think after 5 laps at Nurb GP last night i was down to about 85% on my fronts. The only thing will be sausage kurbs, doesnt like them at all ! Also wet weather and cold track temps...yet to sus that out but will do that tonight.
    [​IMG]

The BMW TC is a great little 'race' car. It takes a little prac to get used to how late you can brake, just by virtue of how much slower it is in comparison to the Merc. Straight away though, there was minimal field spread, and the racing last night in it was unreal, albeit slower ! Tyre wear seemed good which is a bit of a bummer, as it takes out the pit strat aspect...
    [​IMG]

I understand the call for something faster and 'different', but remember we need to look after wide range of drivers, abilities and interests. I dont think we have ever had a seasons car where someone hasnt got the :):):):)s and walked away after mid season.

That said, i think i am leaning at the merc for this season, and then the BMW for the season after (pagnian prize draw season). Will know more tonight though after running some more races in it, on different tracks and with weather added. WOuld be good to get a heap of you in to join.
    Stu
    Spidey_11, PaulCox and beakeroo like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Sounds good, I'd be happy to do the Merc first and then the Beamer. I'll hop on tonight for an hour, send me an invite when you're on.
    POPPINFRESH1234 and stucar17 like this.
  17. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Seems like a good idea stu. Get more interest i think this season with the merc. easy intiation for the beginner driver too. Then with knowing the close racing you get from the bmw will entice them for next season. Hopefully project cars on the console can get a bit more coverage as the growing field continues.
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Ok I'm fully on board with the Merc now after tonight. It performed really well on the bumpy Oulton Park and is a dream on Watkins Glen and is still perfectly race worthy in the driving rain (as long as you remember to pit in and change the tyres!)
    stucar17 and Racepace like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well I gave them all a go today, Merc GT1 is a great car. Will be onboard if this wins, that Toyota on GTS is abysmal.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys,

Am going to run with the Mercedes GT1 for the upcoming season.
    [​IMG]

Did some more testing last night on a range of different tracks and the thing is fast, but drives really well.
    I tested all tracks on the "loose setting", so i imaging there is scope where needed to make the car a bit grippier where needed.

I also drove in the wet on the "rain" setting and the thing was good there too. Still need to respect the throttle, but was manageable.

This should cover all of the requests that were put out in prac lobbies and forum suggestions. Its a 'racecar', its fast, sounds awesome, takes a little bit of control to keep in a straight line and wears its tyres...

As for what wear rate we use, i herd last night that @TheJuzzy didn't get his tyres swapped out at his pit stop, which puts a bit of a break of using pit stops again with the wear rate up on 'accelerated' When guys are practising over the next few weeks if you could see how the pit stops shape up would be good, especially with dry to wet races.

Track list will be released at the meet and greet as per usual.

If you dont have your entry in yet, please get it in asap, so i can start to sort the divs.
    At this stage looks like 3 divs, but might get to 4 ..... Hoping for big grids each week .....

Also just a heads up, i am thinking that we run the BMW TC for season 5, as the pack racing in that over the last few nights was unreal, and im sure we need to use it at some stage.

Spread the word !
    Stu