SEASON 4 CAR

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Anyone got a rope
  2. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

It would be awesome if one day lets say if we had a tuned room everyone had to run the same tune as the host, ah well maybe in Pcars3
    Racepace likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @beakeroo, can confirm that the series will be NON TUNE.

As V8 said, there are issues with the pit stops, but after the last patch, we will need to check as to why those issues are happening and if there is a work around.
    The plan is to have wear on, as well as fuel burn on so long as we have people on the same fuel level for race start and so long as we have confidence that pit crews will actually replace tyres when selected.

Will test tonight so would be good to get a fullish room to get everyone to test the same thing and see if its still broken.

@JonoStan96 if it looks like there will be a problem with these proposed regs, then we will run no compulsory stop, so effectively will be sprint rounds.....Lets see what happens.
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I'm not sure if I'll be on or not tonight, I usually host a poker night at my place on Tuesday's. I'll have to see if that happens.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is it strip poker with hot women ?
    seowster and beakeroo like this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I wish, it's TH with a bunch of 30-50yo men lol
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ask them if they want to play strip poker, and then show them your beakeroo
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Jeez mate it sounds like you're used to a different brand of Poker round your way :x3:
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    did someone order a sausage pizza?
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

When it comes to tyre changes, the way I have ensured I always get the intended result:
    • make sure I have tyres/fuel set to how I want in the pit strategy before the race session starts (in RTEC this is particularly important for ensuring tyre pressures are good)
    • once the race has settled in, I use the in race menu to make sure my strategy is selected
    • then I use the in race menu for adjusting the strategy and I actually change the tyres away from then back to the setting I want, then do the same for fuel and damage repair
    It's a bit tedious, sometimes I have to go a few laps so that I am only adjusting things when I'm on a straight bit of track. But so far this has never failed to give me the result I want in a race.

I also suspect fuel levels for the race are affected when you go back to the pits in qually, then re-join the track. For some reason this affects the fuel load for the race session.
    If this does prove to still be the case, I would suggest we try adding a 5min warmup session and see what that does.
    If all else fails, we could make it so that sprint round style rolling starts are the standard, resetting the room between qually and the race. Hopefully with a fresh room with no other sessions, everyone should start the race on the same fuel.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Do you delete old pit strats after a session and tgen do new ones for each race. I do and don't seem to have any problems
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

hate to bust ya chops there champ but in the last enduro I changed my tyres from soft to wets 7 times cause I was that fcuken paranoid it wouldn't work and it bugged out anyways and left me on the same tyres.

Maybe I broke it again by doing it too much? Who knows.

I want this to work and I could blindly ignore this post just for the sake of getting this to happen, but it did bug out of me following your instructions.

Maybe its you got to select each pit strategy in the pre race screen to get the game to load the strategy properly? As I had my wets on one strat and softs on the other..
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. its-benny-racer

For Le Mans I had an 'RTEC Wet' strat and an 'RTEC Dry' strat. Both were the same just with different tyres selected.
    Before stop 1 I selected the wet setup, went to the adjustment menu, set fuel to fill the tank, changed tyres to slick then back to wet, set damage repair to all.
    2nd stop I left it on wet, but adjusted the tyre change setting to none, left everything else as it was for the 1st stop.
    3rd stop I selected the dry setup, went to the adjustment menu, changed tyres to hard then back to soft, left everything else as it was.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lets test the :):):):) out of it guys over the next few weeks and see if we can get some clarity on when it happens and why....and see if there is a work around....
    hopefully ill be on tonight and we can tinker with it
  15. its-benny-racer

Might suggest running a 45min race tonight if we can to really see how fuel loads and tyre wear works out.
    stucar17 and beakeroo like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'm up for that, somebody shoot me an invite if you guys get on
  17. imthe45110

imthe45110 New Recruit

What time are you thinking?
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ill try get on, but also need to get sorted for holiday we leave for tomorrow.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I’ll throw my 2 cents in for the tyre changing issues.
    Tonight we had an open lobby, tuning was open, I had default loose setup, pit strat to change tyres with “all” selected and confirmed, 7 lap race, change of tyres on lap 6 no problem at all.
    Second race, open lobby, tuning was open, I had default loose setup, pit strat to change tyres with “recommended” selected and confirmed, 7 lap race, change of tyres on lap 3 were they did not change tyres.

I’d love it if we could work this out so tyres and fuel come into play this season. I’ll be doing testing so if you want to help me out join one of my rooms when you see me on :thumbsup:
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Didn't someone say that if it was set on recommended and the wear wasn't enough the pit crew will not change tyres