Season 4 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Hope you recover as fast as you drive Beau.
    Anthonyb and Beau_Albert like this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    What is this thing you call run........ning, sounds like only bad things can come from that. Get well soon
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey guys, im getting out of hospital within the next half hour so i will be home tonight for the race.
    I'm not meant to be driving for the next week and with a back injury, i'm definatley not going to go against their word! :(
    Although i could be dreadfully off the pace, i can still show up to make numbers on a controller if i'm allowed too, however if we do a room merge and theres 17 people total, im happy to kick back watching support categories at Monza.
    Once again, thanks for the kind messages guys :thumbsup:
  4. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Still wins on controller
    George, Anthonyb and SPL Racing like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DSC'd from 2nd :(

Shame I lost the lead so meekly after the most insane of starts (my car was rolling despite the brakes being on?!?), but I'm sure slambo would have passed me anyway. I was looking forward to a quarrel with Stu before I DSC'd on the approach to Hawthorn.

Well goodbye Pcars, it's been fun, mostly frustrating, but fun. I wish the season could have gone like the first 2 rounds and not an almost poetic shambles like each succeedng one. Roll on the ROOZ F1 2016 World Championship. Well done on the title Beau.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Over my time at ROOZ I've been fortunate enough to amass 40 Top 5 finishes in ROOZ on a Sunday Night.... But that one tonight? That ranks second of them all for most memorable!
    Simply stoked with P5 tonight! Wasn't looking like i'd be racing at all earlier in the weekend and although the title was already sealed for me, i knew it wasn't for my Team so i really wanted to make any effort i could to race. When the only option turned out to be racing on a controller with just 2 hours of practice? I'm glad i took it!
    Only passes from last on the grid came from those facing backward or in a wreck! However after 57 starts on a wheel, my first proper ROOZ League race on a Controller being in Division 1? Heck, my back is killing me but i'll be doing cartwheels long into the night! Absolutely Wrapped! Thanks for the season Mods, Fellow racers, and even the robots who scan our websites! :p
    See you all next season!
  7. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Well my start was atrocious and I probably created a road block at turn 1. Sorry, after that I found myself midpack but within touching distance of the lead. Picked off a few and caught up to Stu, who was driving solidly. He went wide at turn 1 and gifted me 2nd. Chased down the leader for 10 laps then was within a second untill I started thinking about where I could pass him If at all. Next corner I screwed up because of that lol. Lesson learned. After that was placed behind Stu again. Not sure If I punted him off but he went off at the fast blind right. Hope that wasnt a lag punt. From then on was just trying to hook up a fastest lap effort which I got with a commited latter half of one of the closing laps.

Congrats to Slam for the win
    stucar17 and Slambobagan like this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Brands Hatch.
    Qualifying:
    [​IMG]

Race:
    [​IMG]

Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]

DSC:
    Just N64.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    and I actually finished ahead of dan for 2nd, by about .3.

Was happy with my race tonight even if all the fast guys weren't on the grid.
    To miss pole by just .1 with the guys in the room was a pleasant surprise.

Jono got a rocket start, and blew me away, after I managed to get by slambo for second into T1, but we were side by side and slight contact saw me give him the spot back as wasn't sure what had happened. We settled down and there was 5 cars within 2 secs for a few laps, I was settled in 3rd trying to track down N64 who had been passed by slambo into 2. I had managed to close the gap to .5 before he drove off the road and disappeared into the DSC wilderness.

This put me 2nd with a faster dan behind and after a few laps was on my arse, so when I made. Little mistake I let him go, hoping he would drag me up to slambo who was about 4 secs up the road. All was going to plan until he spun on the 2nd fast right handed, and thankfully he ghosted as k tried to avoid him.

With 8 to go I tried to hold him out, but after a few laps he had closed up again, and slight contact saw me off at the back of the circuit, back to third, with spectre about 10 secs behind.

Had settled for 3rd, and had a clench moment as I came round T4 to see Dan coming back on track after another spin, I managed to miss him by a bees doodle, and keep him behind on the last 5 corners for 2nd.

Thanks for all the guys who raced most weeks, appreciate the effort. Thanks for the guys who got the results and logged them, and those who helped with testing and regs etc.

Hope to see a full grid for the next season, and we can have some more good racing.
    Cheers stu.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Beau_Albert and MetalGear9493 like this.
  10. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Well done NAACS in your debut into pcars Div1 GR8 effort.
    NAACS, Beau_Albert and stucar17 like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, he certainly didn't look out of place there !
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Poo :poop:.
    Hadn't turned on Pcars since last Sunday and it was obvious! haha. I struggled with getting the feel and racing back from playing Asset Corsa and F1 2016. I can't mix the three so guess which one is going :ninja:.
    Qualified alright I guess, made a lot of mistakes and two spins sapped all the fun from running last so in the pits for me.
    I'm thinking that's the last race on project cars for me.
    Congratulations to Beau for the top prize and the podium places for the both Div1a and 1b.
    BIG thank you to the mods and testers for the time you've put in, I haven't finished all the races to the best I could have but I do appreciate the effort and time you put in.
    :inlove:
    Beau_Albert and SPL Racing like this.
  13. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    This guy!
    Beau_Albert and stucar17 like this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Race Recap:
    I ate chicken again......................

Goodbye Pcars, you were the best game until you were released, but hey, at least my collectors edition case can be used as scrap metal lol.
    Wont be returning for S5 due to Iracing/F12016/Assetto Corsa commitments.

Thanks @stucar17 , @Ad2mny for all the hard work that went into making all 4 seasons possible.
    Beau_Albert, stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries Sammy, hopefully we get you again in an official league when they get the private lobbies sorted, or when we get GTS in 2018 !!!
  16. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done beau for the championship, top Bloke still turns up to race even injured.
    Well first pole and a win of the season dosnt feel the same with beau on the controller and Sammy and sickskills not here, but I'll take it:thumbsup:,
    Got a crap start with trying to launch off with the clutch (new pedals)... Went from p1 to p3 by t1, held on the outside side by side with Stu, made slight contact at rise going up the hill couldn't see each other lucky the magnets with off, got around him around the outside of the hairpin, then chased down n64 for the rest of the lap,
    He went wide into t1 saw a hole there so took it,, back to p1, which I managed to hold on to for the rest of the race:D, when Trl holl got to around a second by behind me I was stressing abit haha it would of been a good battle had you not spun hard luck.. Super quick lap thou mate, I got my 28.9 same lap and you instantly beat it again damn it haha.
    Well done stucar looked really quick last night p2 is solid
    Had fun this season thanks to all the organisers, and everyone who turned up each week
    Had a test last night with the Z4 bring it on for s5 :thumbsup: it's a beast
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Grats to Slambo, Hollo and Stu on the podium!

I had done zero prep for this weeks race and while I know Brands Hatch very well, qual was my first run of this car around here. I had a couple of spins on curbs which ruined some decent laps and only strung one lap together really. A P8 start it is...

In the race, I got away well and jumped Naacs who had a slow start only to T-bone into Hollo who spun in front of me at T1, then heading into T2 I was obviously slow after the crash and Juzzy and Beau were coming up fast, I left a cars width or so on the apex, but they decided to try and put 2 cars into 1 cars widths of space and I ended up pushed off track at T2 - Juzzy redressed and we were off to settle into the race. A couple of spins from people ahead and Jono's DC and im all of a sudden running 4th, with decent pace, and trying to push to close up on the top 3 (around 5 secs behind at this stage) and pull a gap on Beau. I spent most of the race alone trying to eek out a decent gap on Beau / Naacs and catch up to the Stu/Hollo battle ahead but it was not to be, I was hoping for a spin or incident ahead that might let me get a sniff at the podium but they seemed to keep it under control.

Happy with a P4 finish with no prep work.

While I havent put as much effort in this season as others, i've had a great time and I look forward to racing against you all in the future! Many thanks to Stu and the other mods for running a great series as always!

I've tentatively put my name down for S5, but not sure on that yet - I'll be in the F1 series and not sure if ill have time to commit to 2 games yet
    Beau_Albert, stucar17 and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99