Season 5 Car Selection (Phase 2)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Koaster if you have already voted you cant vote in the new section you added. My original vote was the G37 and still is but i must say I liked the sls on the ss tyres. Just thought of all divisions and if we want to add a wet track this season better of with the g37. I think all will love this car and maybe we got our choice fro next season already made SLS for season 6.
    Looks like 3 have changed to the G37, Azza, Stue and Keggs, in the case of keggs who is a little less experienced i think the SLS might be a bit of a handful on some tracks for him. Snake you would probably love the challenge of the SLS and find the G37 a lot less of a challenge, but you will have a big enough challenge in div one anyway. I noticed the G37 didn't seem to get as much draft advantage like the SLS did.
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah this is what I'm thinkin now too mate, especially if we end up having a wet race at some point, I could see myself cursing the Merc, we should really be using something with huge amounts of power though, and have all wet races, hopefully making things a bit more difficult for Jezza :p
  3. KILLADRIFT

KILLADRIFT New Recruit

sorry voted without testing.... i would now like to change my vote from the s2000 to the g37
  4. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I tried out the SLS, the G37 and the Super Leggera around Deep Forrest.
    I found the Super Leggera to be pretty tail happy. It was almost unpredictable though. Like i thought i had grip, next thing it would just snap sideways on me.
    I really liked the SLS, it flowed well. Pretty similar the the McLaren i thought. Just not quite as oversteery.
    The G37 seemed hard to get turned in to a corner. Plenty of grip though. With more time in the car i could probably get used to getting it turned in.

I'll be happy with whatever way it goes. Pretty undecided between the G37 and the SLS. Both very different cars. As Bonus said.. "I think all will love this car and maybe we got our choice for next season already made, SLS for season 6."
  5. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

lol, maybe i could just run out of fuel, no need for a planned rain attack :p

its gonna be tough racing anyway, theres lots of fast guys in here!

ive mentioned in the other thread depending on whether the races are on saturday or sunday, decides how many races ill be able to show up to. plus school holiday too, ill be away for just over a week on holiday, so might miss some there aswell if the season starts anytime soon
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I ran a few laps last night in the merc and G37 on SS and both cars are fantastic. Was I chevs room( where were you?) on autumn ring and ran consistent 21s and 22s in both cars, with the merc slightly faster but a little harder on it's tires.

I prob agree that the G37 will be easier to race, but that note of the merc is awesome and should be used next season just for that!!

Stu
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I getting in early for colour choice, i got red. May need to double up on colours seeing there isn too many but don't want too many of one colour. I got the first of the reds for Div2.
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I have a list of all the available colour's for all the cars in the arcade garage if you want it.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    With 24 votes registered and the poll adjustments its

SLS 8 votes .vs. G37 11 votes
    - sports soft clearly the preferred tyre choice.
  10. Chaos707

Chaos707 New Recruit

I initially voted for the SLS, and after test driving the G37...I still prefer the SLS. Feel it has tighter handling and is much more grunty which I like. Also I think it sounds better especially when downshifting :D
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hours to go.. 28 votes registered. With poll adjustments the tally goes...

SLS 9 votes .vs. G37 14 votes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.