Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I second this,ESPECIALLY the Red Bull junior:alien:
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Seeing as we have a fair while until the season starts,maybe it might be possible to find a few well matched cars,maybe some of the GT3's for example,to give people a choice. I think it would make much better racing and the championships might swing around a bit more due to the different cars strengths and weaknesses at different tracks. I'm more than happy to help with the testing to find the best matches. With the wear set to very fast,strategy would really come into play with the different tyre wear and fuel mileage as well,especially if we ran all three compounds as some cars are better on softs,others on mediums,others on hards. All you need to have is the car choice as final once you start the first race,and the compound change on,with a rule that you must do the same amount of laps on your slower tyres as your shortest stint on your fastest,eliminating the 1 lap only on the slower tyre strategies, obviously you could do a 1 lap stint on the softer tyre,so you could then only do 1 lap on your harder tyre,but i think it would work on very few tracks,so i couldn't see too many people trying it.If they're fast enough to make up the extra pitstop,good on them,but for example the Eiger Nordwand's pits would make it suicide,you'd probably get lapped doing it,lol.
    Any thoughts people???? Seconders??????
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Had a go recently and I change my view on the car, I guess my bias was on the original setup, back at 1.00.

No, I'm saying if there was a lobby option where the host's setup was assigned to everyone in the room
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Dek check out this series coming up.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...-oils-super-gt-series.1286/page-21#post-62657
  5. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Did I mention the Zonda c12s 7.3
    Mmm probarly did but for those who missed it
    Thats....
    Pagani Zonda c12s 7.3
    Sports tyres
    Go test drive for yourself today it wont dissapoint
    Ad2mny, Mario and Footlong_warrior like this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    RX-7 TC/GT300 :inlove:
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What about the 240RS in road trim? Lots of potential for a wide array of circuits.
    [​IMG]
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    like many have said rx7 tc
    honda civic tc
    lotus Elise tc
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  9. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i like the idea of the RX7 and honda civic TC
    seth123 likes this.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Bruce would be the first to second this one.
    Clevohead likes this.
  11. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Etch-a-sketch must have been on super special in Japan when this was designed...
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will set a poll up over the weekend guys. i am off to melbourne for work for a week so will be limited for time here on the forum.

Looks pretty clear one of the TC variants is going to be popular, so we will nut it down to maybe the top 4 choices and maybe one other before we get it down to 2 for our next season. Whatever gets thrown up, please test before you make any selection so you know what to expect ;)

As is always the case, it wont matter what we come up with, some will love it, some will :rolleyes: and other will inevitably think :poop::poop:

Will try to stay on top of it all
    Cheers
    stu
    DekGT5mad, Peter Wise, Ad2mny and 4 others like this.
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I don't see any benefit in changing what is a near 20 season long successful formula TBH. Single make, no tuning and either single or two compound tyre regs. It's the KISS theory in practice and what makes the flagship ROOZ Sunday series the juggernaut that it is.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :thumbsup:

We wont be changing the formula mate. Its simple, uncomplicated and works pretty well.

Even if we did change it we wouldnt keep everyone happy so, will stick with the tried and true.
    aussief1 and Ad2mny like this.
  15. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was just getting in before the inevitable "we should be doing this" posts, LOL! :D:D:):p;):laugh::roflmao:
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Disturboed ... I can see how you came to the conclusion of thinking 2 cars but stu was referring to the poll of the "final 2" I thought the same on the first read.
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    no no mate, it's ok. i knew what stu meant, i was just putting it out there, as usually in the pre-season discussion there is always lots of "we should change the series to this" type of posts, like running multiple equal cars or allowing minimal tuning or whatever. I know Stu is a big advocate for the "jump in car and race" formula we have for Sunday night!
    stucar17 and VARDZ like this.
  18. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Ferrari 430 scuderia for road car
    Megane trophy base model for race.
    My 2c worth.
  19. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Only very new to all this but a big fan of the RX7 TC. Love the concept of single car and minimal adjustments. Still amazed at seeing some laptimes of the "aliens".....very impresive.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll put up the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 road car, it is very easy to drive hard and would provide very close racing, It can be painted, wheels changed and numbers added.
    JonoStan96, Ad2mny and chrystalmighty like this.