Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys...Given a lot of us were waiting for AC to land, it seems that not having private lobbies is a major issue to running league racing....

Put simply, we leave ourselves open to any peanuts jumping in and ruining our race nights......less than ideal given the issues we already have with lag and in game issues :rolleyes:. At this stage no one knows if this option will be patched, so in the meantime, we will assume that our only option at this time is to run with PCARS Season 5.

Like last season @Ad2mny, @Clevohead and myself will probably make the call regarding a car to stop the inevitable 10,0000 requests that come with doing endless polls etc......that said, if you have a car in mind that could make a good "race" car then let us know here and we will look at all suggestions. Once the car is settled, we will look at the car and make a track selection accordingly......

Just for something a little different perhaps on the leadin to GT Sport, are there any GT3 / GT4 cars that are same spec, but different makes / models ? We ran a GT500 series back in the GT days that had 3 different cars on the grid, but all were the same spec...

Put your thoughts below......

Stu / mod team
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Default Tune is a must i hope.
    Is there a way to better describe the same spec cars yet different model/make? Im confused, do you mean that we use GT3 cars but we all use a different one every round or two, or are we literally doing an open class any GT3 car you want type thing?
    Regardless, i'd like to see either of the Group5 Cars win. Simply amazing to drive and the nature of them makes for plenty of under braking and on power overtakes
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    think he wants a GT Class season, so wants to know which GT cars are even in regards to performance, so we can run mixed grids. i think
  4. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I'm not hugely experienced at this game but I think maybe open it to all gt3 or gt4 cars. Obviously some peoples driving style suit some cars better than others. Keep it at default tune but choose the car you prefer best. But maybe get locked in for the car you pick from the beginning of the season.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    in Gt6 we ran a season of GT500 and had 3 different cars on the grid (skyline, supra and lexus from memory). All were exactly the same in spec so was easy to run them. Drivers kept the same car for the duration of the season.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Something slow again makes better racing as this season has proven. Not all of us are aliens
    Sam D Blacklock and SuiCid3 like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    And yes, it will be default tune again.....we did that tune experiment and its been shot !
    SuiCid3 and Beau_Albert like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Ahh ok cool.
    Personally id like to see the single car formula remain as cool as the flipside is. I'd like to know at the end of the race that i got beaten on talent and racecraft, not because my car is marginally slower on the straights. Leave it to community events is my say
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    The little Renault Clio Cup is good fun to throw around (maybe for at least one round).

I would also like to see longer qualifying (15m). In div 4 everyone rushes out together and the 1-2 laps you can get in are ruined by traffic.
  10. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    Lykan Hypersport
  11. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'd like to see GT3 or something along those lines. The Ginetta is about as slow as I'd like to go so something a little faster would be nice. The Renault R.S. 01 Trophy is absolutely mental but it's a DLC car. Definitely wouldn't want a road car, even the hypercars handle like balls.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just to clarify, although there were 3 cars, they were all identical in spec. All the same power , torque, weight etc etc. only thing different was the body shell. Same top speed, same brakes, etc etc.
  13. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Something slow and easy to drive, makes for better racing. Either the Clio cup car or the BAC Mono
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Ahh right, definatley get what you mean now, i'm not sure you'll find this on PCARS sadly. From helping VARDZ with BOP for series in the past, i know every GT3 is wildly different performance wise and how they achieve laptime.
    I know many classes are similar too, despite a very close lap, they produce it in different parts of the circuit
    VARDZ likes this.
  15. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Formula C is GT right?...RIGHT?
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca

Boooooooring
    Sam D Blacklock and Beau_Albert like this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    It is all but impossible to have a level playing field in a multi make.
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Does this game have the 95 Hyundai excel, yeah let's do that.
    Blindman and Ryzza5 like this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Way too quick. And way too beautiful. Let's go the Lada.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Utter Nutcases....
    Whilst you all kill yourselves going at your hyperspeeds, im gonna stick to my 1-speed bicycle