Season 5 discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    and it was perfect.....so will adjust it all tonight in the regs...will be X15 on the time progression
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i jumped on and did a full length, single player race at Bugatti last night, and had no penalties for coming out of the pits at the chicane either. im curious if anyone else has had the issue, as someone mentioned it earlier in the week
  3. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Do you reenter the track immediately after the chicane over the blue tarmac section or further down the road toward the link?
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i followed the fence line, then sharp left into the middle of the chicane, cant remember what colour the tarmac was
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Received a cut penalty doing that last night during a testing sesh...
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hmm, i think we may have to use the exit straight after pitlane then, if some people are getting cuts, then we cant do it. for reference, the AI pull out of the pits following the black line on the track map, not the gray line.

will have to see what @stucar17 says
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I keep getting penalties regardless of what I try and personally the MotoGP pit exit doesn't feel any safer than the proper exit. Something about being perpendicular to the track and coming across over the racing line to rejoin at the right handed part of the chicane at the biggest braking point on the circuit doesn't sit right with me. If an LMP1 can see a GTE car coming out of the car pitlane at night without issue at the Le Mans 24 hour I don't know why we can't in GT3 cars in what will be during the day when pitstops take place.
  9. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Using the direct exit lane rather than the exit lane that runs along the wall is a better option and shouldn't cause any dramas as long as people show a little common sense.
    Beau_Albert and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Either way, I'll be using the proper le-mans pit lane exit. If that results in a 30s penalty then so be it, but I'd rather have that then ruin someones race as I already found out how tricky it was to rejoin from the motorcycle pit lane when @SPL Racing was coming at me at 240kmh and I didn't know whether to floor it or wait, if I had of floored it we would have hit each other and probably both ended up in the tires.
    Also what Beau said about being perpendicular to the track on exit was what i was trying to say on Sunday @stucar17
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I'm assuming the 'motorcycle pit lane' is the exit that runs along wall and enters the track at 90 degrees to the braking zone?
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    just confirming, the Lemans one is the one that comes out at the start of Dunlop Curve on the little track map i posted? sorry, im a little confused
  13. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    The proper Le-Mans pit exit is the one where you go where your meant to :D. (and where the AI go)
    Zachery likes this.
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

4 out 5 times using the pit wall exit I got a penalty. The last one even gave a penalty on the straight before I had actually turned back into the track.
    I'll be using pit straight exit.
  15. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@Ad2mny @Nathancarhead @garyw61 I was speaking with @stucar17 and he was flat out with work but asked me to post this (he will update regs tonight) sundays race will be x15 time progression. use the correct pit exit not motor bike one ( people keep getting penalties using the bike one running along fence line) pit stop is compulsory but tires are optional for the first round if you think you can make the distance on one set go for it. You will have to make the decision before the race as you can't change it during the race so a tune practice session may be set up before race starts. This will be reviewed after first round.
    Ant
    Ad2mny, SPL Racing, stucar17 and 6 others like this.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    if in doubt... flat out
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Didn't work well for Jaques Villenueve at Spa in '99 though, did it? :p
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: PMSL...funniest thing i have seen all day !
    Beau_Albert and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys....flat out today so didnt get the time to clean up the threads for R1.....Asked ant to pass on the info for me....

TO CONFIRM
    1. Pit exit will be the normal pit exit....to the left straight out of the pits..IMO, not perfect, but at least there is no penalty there other than someone driving up your tailpipe at about 240klms....will deal with that when it happens on the monday following !
    2. Tire change will be NON COMPULSORY for the first round, as samsung said, there may be some guys who 'choose' to not take tires and i don't want the hassle of trying to work out of its a glitch, or someone deciding to try to try their luck ;). This means that everyone will have to work out if they can get to the end on one set or change tires during the compulsory stop.....will be border line, but after my run last night, am pretty confident that everyone will get to the end without changing...
    3. Time change will be on X15, after testing last night was perfect.....about 8 laps in the dark and then sunrise, with about 3 laps with a bit of glare through turn 7....

i hope to have a driver briefing up tomorrow with all updates and everyone linked in....