Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys... with just 1 round remaining and the next season of Project cars league not until the new year ... JasonD has a series thread up... have a look and if you would like to continue racing on Sunday night regular time throw an entry in... Please be clear on this it is an endurance series so races do go over 1.5 hours
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/multi-class-endurance-series.2480/
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I havent said that he cant.....there are a few things we are looking at given he had started in the GT6 league this season.....
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  3. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    @stucar17 i wont be racing will be racing a endurance kart.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm happy for Jono to race if mods allow it.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I appear to be the only one voicing a no vote so if I'm alone in a sea of "yes" votes than I'll I'm happy to race as normal going by the decision by the mods.
    I said no because of the below;
    - why decide to race now when you didn't register at the start of the season?
    - are you going to continue with us for the next season or is this a one off? New entires you would think would continue into the next season.
    - if I was beau or Samsung I personally wouldn't want n64's car anywhere near me on track due to lag issues, contact, even on track battling cuz it could decide the championship and he hasn't turned up for any previous rounds.
    Beau_Albert and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, have spoken to Stig about this and he has decided not to race.

We don't need a running commentary, but the short of it was this.....

- HIs PS3 had died, so he hasnt raced in the GT6 series for the last few rounds. I WAS NOT aware of this, and there has been drivers who have come across from GT6 to PCARS mid season when they have updated to a PS4. If i was aware that he hadnt been racing GT6 i would have a completely different approach in my response.
    - I am not a fan of drivers potentially choosing between the 2 platforms WHERE THEY HAVE THE OPTION, however its now clear to me that jono WAS NOT doing that.
    - If a driver wants to come into a series late we are always looking to accommodate them. In placing them, we always look at potential issues like lag, championship positions etc etc. At the end of the day we want full grids, but we still need to keep some structure and order to what we are doing.

Jono has decided not to race so the matter is finished, and next time we have a similar request we will look at it on merit.
  7. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm racing @stucar17 no Speedway for me this weekend. Sorry about the absence as I've had no energy to race after I've been racing, I thought I might be okay but come race time even I'm shattered.
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Anyone else seeing our championship like current formula 1??
    Defending champ Beau (Hamilton) behind in points to the potential (would this be your first Div1 crown Sam?) Samsung (Rosberg) to break the old champs reign on the title.
    F1's last race this weekend. Rooz last race this weekend. It all comes down to this. Kinda same region in the world for the track also.
    Stu you've created a masterclass the likes of F1 is currently seeing :)
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    if im not wrong. both championship leaders need to finish 4th or worse, with the other winning, to lose the top spot!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    cmon zharves, come back for the enduro.....
    jasondull1986 and Zachery like this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    one last hurrah on PCars? yeah why not. ill be there!
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I'm watching you @AOCleaner74 :geek: with those extra 2 points above me. We've both had a 0 for our drop rounds also so it's down to this race :)
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Don't forget Jason D is only 1 point ahead of me after the drop round;)
    Altho I really wouldn't be worried about me here, I would be lucky to win div 4!:D
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you cannot be pushing top 5 after drop rounds, and make that statement. im sorry but, computer says no.
    Sam D Blacklock and George like this.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Hell no, if i win this it will be even!
    S1: @Giant slayer
    S2: @Beau_Albert
    S3: @Samsung1998racer
    S4: @Beau_Albert
    S5: @OnTheApex21Samsung

Also i agree, i really liked the way this seasons formula worked, especially with races like Willow Springs, Nordschleife and Donington. @stucar17 fully sikh?
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, here we are at the final round for 2016 !
    Good luck to all those drivers who are fighting it out for a championship against some very good drivers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuel - slow

Tire wear - REAL
    Tire Compound - Start race on soft (default) then open at first stop.
    VISUAL DAMAGE - OFF (due to loss of headlight at night after contact / crash)
    Compulsory Stop - Pit lane open END OF LAP 1

IMPORTANT !!! Make sure you have adjusted your pit strategy to change to the tires you want to use at your stop ! It is an OPEN STRATEGY for the enduro, meaning you can run on the SOFT, MEDIUM or HARD tire if you want. I think you can get through with 1 stop on the softs though without too much hassle.
    FUEL : I will test tonight to make sure we can get home.....you will need to average under 1.2 L per lap to make the 50 laps.....remember if you decide to take fuel you need to fill up to a certain amount of fuel. I will do some maths tonight based on a race run.

Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light cloud
    3. Heavy Cloud
    4. clear

Qual : 10 mins (PIT LANE CLOSED DURING QUAL)
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT (default)- may run MEDS OR HARDS from pit stop if you wish.
    DAMAGE : OFF due to needing lights during night running
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fast, if you come in there too hot you will hit the wall on the left.
    TRACK LIMITS : There are a few spots here where you can run wide WITHOUT incurring a penalty. Turns 15 and 16 are the two most notable, so, please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every other corner, so be ware !!Any drivers continually, and intentionally going off track will incur a penalty
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Plenty of passing opportunities, but be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu

Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Hey
    I haven't quite or given up or anything like that.
    I was at the start and still am committed to doing the full season.
    I am absolutely pissed that I am now going down the ladder but the reason for this is I have just moved house and am getting royaly pineappled trying to get the internet connected.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah spl mentioned that you missed the esl thing due to no net aswell lol. sounds like a pain in the ass
    CTRacing likes this.
  20. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Absolutely
    Now they tell me today that they can't provide me with internet after I have been waiting for like 3 weeks.
    So now have just signed up to Telstra
    Should have just done it right the first time