Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just curious, but who was it?
    CTRacing likes this.
  2. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    It was going to be Belong. Apparently owned by Telstra
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the trick with them is when they say they can't do it, you say "Looks like my money doesn't .... BELONG .... with your company :cool:"
    and then they will do it coz you said the catch phrase
  4. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Lol
    There was many a phrase I said and none where as nice as that
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm in for Sunday night's enduro after missing the past 2 weeks. I just hope that the marshals have their blue flags ready cause I have no pace around here whatsoever.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Don't worry about Blue flags, teammate. That pesky Thrustmaster car would love to race door to door with you regardless of your position i'm sure :thumbsup:
    I'll get a hotlap video up tonight too so you shouldn't need to worry about them full stop i hope!
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah he's a bit clingy like that ;)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    At least I won't be lonely for 50 laps!
    Zachery and SPL Racing like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds like there will be a 4 way fight for last place !! Im in it up to my eyeballs !
    The_Spectre and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, have done a race run to test that everything works as it should !!!..

I finished with 3.1 L of fuel so that's 2.5 laps spare, cant imagine anyone running out, if you do there is something wrong somewhere with how you are driving :p

TIRES : MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR PIT STRAT SO YOU TAKE SLICKS...A few of they guys in the prac races have taken wets because they hadn't changed AND SAVED their strategy !!! Will get through comfortably on soft for both stints.

PIT ENTRY : Make sure you stay right on the exit of T15 when you intend to make your stop. This will stop you having to 'potentially' drive across the nose of another car to enter the pits. Also, go in too hot and you will hit the wall and cop a potential penalty.

Stu
    The_Spectre and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  11. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    2 Friends.... turned competitors....in equal Machinery.....
    The Champion elect must finish fourth or higher to confirm his destiny as the Champion.... whilst the challenger has nothing to lose.... 50+ laps in the desert.... a duel shall break out... it all.... gets decided under the lights tonight..... i can't wait!

Oh and F1 will be cool too i guess :p
    Spidey_11, George, SPL Racing and 3 others like this.
  12. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    LOL HAI GUYS IM NICO ROSEBUD!
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sorry i had to pull out of that one early, my internet has been tragic lately using wifi, so in a bid to help it out i turned off all the fans around my racing rig as i heard other electronics can upset the connection further. Turns out 30 degree room temp with no fans takes it's toll pretty quick on myself and a wheel that had been used for an hour previously. I was losing ffb quick, concentration even quicker!
    Thankfully Sam made the title win impossible for me in qualifying so he earnt his title tonight and this season. Well done champ, 2 all now like you wanted aha. :thumbsup:
    See ya'll around, but probably not on PCARS! :p
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I haven't really committed to pcars this season and it really showed tonight. I was really just making up the number tonight having done little practice and no race strategy on a track im not familiar with and a car I dont like - ended up 2 seconds off the pace. Called it a night when I was a minute down after a couple of spins and hitting an invisible object on the track during the night.

I'll put more effort in next season on whatever game I'm end up going to.

and Grats to Samsung for the title win!
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Last race:
    Qualy times not accurate but positions are;
    [​IMG]
    Race;
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap;
    [​IMG]
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Thank you to Stu for piecing this season together (there are other mods but I'm singling out Stu as he's the one I see all the time in Div1 and has such an over expanding role across all divs). Without you we wouldn't have it this good, so thank you :thumbsup:
    Congratulations to Panasonic.... I mean Samsung. Will Rosberg follow suit????
    Congratulations on the race win and the Championship. Is there another division you can go to so i don't have to worry about getting lapped :cry:
    Well done to top three for this race and for the overall championship!

I was hoping to have a solid race but a few spins and cut track penalties put me further and further back behind the battles I was trying to keep with. Each of the spins was due to my driving so I was annoyed as hell with myself. Night time felt slippery as almost being wet in some corners for me and I could see some corners / sectors I would gain and lose in others.
    Half way thru the race I could see AOcleaner ahead and knowing that it was close between us in the points I was trying to catch him but the gap just wouldn't come down far enough before being lapped by Samsung then a few laps later getting a cut track penalty and losing all motivation to continue.

Next season will be interesting to see who's placed in what Div and the seasons car :)
  17. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not my best race, but still happy to bring it home in 5th which I think gives me 5th overall for the season after QuickasRx7 missed the last 3 races.
    Race started off well after I put it on the 2nd row. Got a flyer of a start, but really didn't want to get in the mix with Sammy and Beau, so Beau got a decent shove off me at the start after he bogged down. Was side by side with Slambo going thru t1 but he had the better line so I just backed out of it. Lap 5 and I was still up close with Beau and Slambo with Sammy just a few seconds ahead and Mij about 5 secs back.
    And then it all went a bit pear shaped after having a little spin on t1 losing a position ,only to do it again a few laps later:mad:
    So then I found myself behind Stu and Spidey. So for about 10 laps it was like amateur hour trying to get into a rythym in the slippery conditions. Managed to get a bit better from lap 20 after I worked where to brake on a few corners where the braking markers had been taken out...
    Pitted at the end of lap 23 for the undercut which worked out fine against Spidey, but it then put me behind SPL which we had a great little battle for 5 or so laps, and I managed to get past him on the back straight going Ito T4. But by then the damage had already been done with Stu and Mij about 10 secs ahead. A few more little errors didn't help my cause with Spidey getting to within 3 secs of me and Mij about 4 secs ahead after his late spin. I was still lapping in the low 35s but even that was not enough and I had let Sammy thru to lap me on the last lap:cry:
    So well done to Sammy on the win and title, Beau for keeping him honest and keeping the battle going till the last round:thumbsup:
    Also well done to Slambo, you were the best of the rest mate! Also kudos to Mij and QuickasRx7 on you debut season.
    I am pretty happy with my debut season in Div 1 in Pcars, had some great battles and was a pleasure to race against you all:thumbsup:
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm pretty happy with 6th place tonight considering I was over 2 seconds a lap off the pace. I saw Beau pit on lap 17 and figured I would follow him in and do my stop then and hope my tyres held in through the night. I jumped from 10th to 5th place with the undercut and clean laps in fresh air. When I ran some practice laps yesterday I couldn't string more than 5 clean laps in a row so I was happy to run the whole race with only one spin in front of @Spidey_11 I know you gave me a little tap but I was already gone on my own. I appreciate the redress but it wasn't needed which is why I pulled aside for you on the straight.

I held off both AO and Spidey as long as I could but they were too quick for me. So I was managing the gap back to mike who was catching pretty quickly but no quick enough. I was gifted another position when Spidey dropped out which also helped.

Congrats to @Samsung1998racer on the championship and yet anther royal ass whipping. It has been great racing in div 1 this season, it's definitely a big step up and I have had some great racing with you guys and I'm looking forward to seeing where next season leads us whether PCars or another game.

Cheers
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    First off guys, thank you for waiting the extra 10 to let me race. Mate of mine rocked through on his way to Sydney and I couldn't kick him out !!!

I am pretty stoked to get a result when my real pace is certainly towards the back of the pack. So i qualied 8th, and was back to 9th by the hairpin when I let @jasondull1986 go after some very light contact at turn 1. The first few laps were pretty cool in a pack of 4, so I just settled in for the first stint. Given my dimentia has set in i cant remember much, other than a few guys spun in front, some Early pitters saw me up to 6th I think, with mike in front slowly easing away. Coming into the pit window, mike had a spin I think, as did mij, which put me on his tail and in 4th. He pitted on lap 24, and at that stage he was about 2 secs in front, i pitted lap 25, and managed to come out in 4th again, behind @AOCleaner74, with mij about 4 secs behind.

AO and I had a pretty good battle for a few laps until he spin and gifted me 3rd, but the mij closed me down with ease, and got it done in turn 1 on about lap 35. He managed to have a spin to gift me 3rd again, so I tried to stay with him to drag me away from the guys in 5th. With 4 to go, I was still only about 1.5 sec behind mij, and bugger me, another spin from him gifted me 3rd again, and I was thinking he would be on me by the last lap given his pace.

Happy days for me, mij settled for 4th, so the gap got out bigger than it should have, but am happy to take a podium after having a mistake free race.

Well done to Sam and slambo for the top 2, and to Sam for the championship win. I am sure beau will Be back bigger and better next season, looking forward to seeing some more Of your battles with along with CTR, mij and slambo showing more pace.

A quick thank you to everyone who has raced this season, for the most part we had good size grids, so thanks for the support. To @Ad2mny and @Clevohead thanks for the help in setting up, the same to all the guys who helped
    With testing , results, and other things.

We will have the prize draw in the next few weeks so stay tuned for that.

Hopefully we see you back for the next season, new car, new tracks and hopefully full grids.
    Cheers stu
  20. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done Sammy you absolutely smashed it. Over a minute back to me in 2nd place. You could have parked up gone and had chicken dinner, come back and still beaten me. Need to make a div 0 just for you.
    Thanks guys for the mostly full grids and clean racing
    Cheers @stucar17 for all the effort you put into each season can't wait for the next one