Season 5 - Division 1.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Thanks guys, yeah I went nuts at Dubai trying to do my absolute best to be as fast and as consistent as possible, however it didn't really mean much after @Beau_Albert retired and @Slambobagan fell back. Saved a bit of fuel in the first stint as I wasn't sure I was gonna make it. Pitted just before half way, and then went absolutely mental a few laps in to try and lap as many people as possible without making a mistake, and fortunately I never had any stuff ups at all and managed to lap 5th and below, then my AI lapped my team mate in 4th on the cool down lap lol. Came out of the pits with a 30s lead and extended that to almost 1m 11s by the finish line so I was extremely happy to go that far with no cut tracks or mistakes.
    Thanks to @stucar17 and everyone who helped plan this series and thanks to @Beau_Albert for keeping the pressure up.
    As for title defense, I wont be back to defend this title next year as I will either be playing AC or iRacing, I think Beau will be doing the same.
    Sorry for the short-ish post, I'm trying to eat a chicken roll at the same time.
    Thanks again guys! ;)
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Spidey_11, Beau_Albert and SPL Racing like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Hatfield are you waiting for any results here ??
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no just div 2
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Anyone who knows me well might know i am a huge fan of statistics. I love going into analysis of all kinds of things Racing. I got bored last night and decided that after 5 seasons of competing against one another, to see how Me and Samsung stack up against each other... I'll put it in a spoiler since i don't know how many other people might find this an interesting read, but i found it very cool to see Strengths and Weaknesses of one another.

In terms of basic statistics, there isn't much to see because the data is skewed. I have 33 race starts to Samsungs 29, so i prefer to use percentages to figure out win-rates rather than outright win-count.

In terms of Poles, i have managed to get pole 30.3% of the time out of my race starts, however Samsung comes out at 41.4% of poles from his 29 starts. Amazingly, we both have the same number of poles as we do race wins, so i have managed to win 30.3% of the races i've started, Samsung coming in at 41.4%.

In terms of Fastest Laps, its a no-competition as my 6 fastest laps in MORE starts than Samsungs 15 fastest laps in less starts hurts my overall mark at the end. 18.2% to 51.7%... OUCH :(

However, both my Podium count and Top 5 count are considerably higher than Samsungs. 22 Podiums to his 16, giving me a 66.67% podium rate, Samsung coming in at 55.1%. For Top 5's, it's 28 v 21, once again with me leading on 84.84% ahead of Sam's 72.4%.

Now for the part i found the most interesting of it all.... over 33 race starts for me, i have amassed 605 points, giving me an average of 18.3 points per race.
    Samsung in his 29 races has scored 521 points, leading to an average of 17.97 points per race.
    If we remove 18.3 points from my overall points tally for every additional race start i have over Samsung, rather epicly, after 5 Seasons of racing each other, there is just 11 points separating us... 521 points to Samsung, 531.8 points to me... :eek: This particular stat reflects on Consistency, so in this regard, i have the edge on Samsung.... Just :D Never back down, eh?

However if we average the Win, Pole, FL, Podium, Top 5 and Points per Race percentages together for one large success percentage... my overall success rate lies at 50.59% over the past 5 seasons, where as Samsung's lies at 55.6%. This particular stat relies alot on outright success, Being in First place WHICH of course requires outright pace.... and Samsung has me covered here pretty well, so a point to Samsung there! If that wasn't apparent by 15 fastest laps already :p

So in the end of all this, it does appear that Samsung is 5% more successful than i am at ROOZ on PCARS :( Dammit!!
    I found all this data really interesting to figure out and was really quite fun to look up too!

If anyone has any Rivalries with a particular driver, (Friendly i hope!) then it would be awesome personally to see more of this stuff! Anywho, well done on another fun season guys. Best of luck in the next one to whoever may take over as Champion since myself and Samsung are most likely not going to be running full time.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a really quick congrats to Sam for the season win. Well done as well to Beau, slambo, Mij and RX7 for keeping the pace pretty hot at the top of the division. The mid pack seemed pretty close in points and pace, hopefully there are more battles to come ;)

Thanks to EVERYONE who raced this season and kept the numbers up for the 7 rounds, i think we only had 1 race under 10 drivers, which overall was pretty good. Thanks to all the guys who helped with season set up, testing, protests, recording results and race reports. We really do have a great little community.

As with every season, we saw some great racing, game issues aside, and i really hope that its enough to see you back again for season 6 early next year. At this stage we will be looking at an early Feb start once people get back from holidays. We will be looking to streamline a couple of things over the break, tweaking a few of the rules and regs, and generally trying to make things a little easier on the mod team, who are times stretched for time. Nothing dramatic, just some fine tuning is all.

As always thanks to our great sponsors, and on this occasion Hess and his team at PAGNIAN for the great, and ongoing support they have given raceonoz over the years. The draw for this great prize will hopefully be very soon, will advise as soon as we can lock in a date.

I have set up an entry thread and car discussion thread.....links below.....please indicate your intention there so we can start to get things sorted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-6-entry-thread.2494/
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-6-car-discussion.2495/#post-130582

While i am sure we will see most of you online over the coming weeks, can i say officially, on behalf of the mod team, thanks for your ongoing support of the forum, have a great xmas and new year, stay safe......and we genuinely hope to see you all back again next year for some more racing in whatever series floats your boat !

Cheers
    Stu / Mod team.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks Stu and everyone who puts in the time and effort to run this incredible series, it amazes me each season the thought and planning that goes into each and every round.

I'll definitely be back for more next season.
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986