Season 5 - Division 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Sorry mate. I know u spent big on me. I owe u a few beers ;)
    Im into my racing season at the moment (sailing) and training is eating my time. Best i can do is get an hour a couple of times a week to play Watch Dogs 2. Lol

Was pushed over the line by the comments and attitude of a certain individual in this Divison whos name shan't be mentioned.
    Will be following closely with the race results.
    Zachery likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    All good man i understand. id do the same thing in your position.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R6 - Donington GP (sorry its late)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok guys....wet round this week, will be tough to get through incident free..
    Weather slots : LIGHT RAIN
    LAPS :
    DATE :
    20/12/16 @ 3pm
    Fuel: REAL
    Tire Wear : REAL
    Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : ON. Drivers will have to make a stop, and its up to you if you want to replace tires. You can run inters if you want, but we have found that they are not as nice to drive on as the full wets.
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : WET (default)- may run inters from pit stop if you wish
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fine, pretty straight forward. Exit, all drivers will have to be mindful of re-entry to the raceline, and cars approaching 1 at race speed.
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every corner, so be ware !!
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  5. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Very sorry guys but I wont be finishing the season. Got so much on at the moment with a new baby and starting a new business. Good luck and I look forward to forward to racing again when time permits.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    All the best with it golfer.
    agolfer78 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  7. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Just a few notes on qualifying:

1. Make sure you leave plenty of room between yourself and the car in front before starting your fast laps.
    2. If you make a mistake on a fast lap and the car behind catches up to you, move off the racing lane and let them through without impeding them in any way.
    3. Please have mics off for qualifying as well as the race.

Thanks guys!
    Toranafan-02 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  8. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Also guys, please don't leave the div 2 group or you may risk the chance of not getting an invite!
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @VENDALISM i have known you a long time and not sure what's going on, but your treading a very fine line to a ban at the moment. There is no need for those comments, and it's not your go.
    Hatfield likes this.
  10. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Hey fellas nets been playing up all week doesn't look like I'm racing tonight, it normally comes on about this time @garyw61 If I'm not on by 8 just start without me I'll try to make it but it's out of my hands, good luck all
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    Qualifing = Toranafan-02
  12. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Well after a 5% chance of actually starting this race I was thrilled to put it and pole and wasn't expecting to see the whole race, somehow I did and had a gap race with @Coojak3009
    I would have been disappointed if I missed this race was looking forward to it since round 1, congrats to all the podium finishes and annoyed I've found this pace now and not at the start
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Calling all budding journalists!!

We require help from anyone who can put their hand up to do write-up's for the ROOZ NEWS.

If you are interested, please PM myself & @Ad2mny
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys... with just 1 round remaining and the next season of Project cars league not until the new year... JasonD has a series thread up... have a look and if you would like to continue racing on Sunday night regular time throw an entry in... Please be clear on this it is an endurance series so races do go over 1.5 hours
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/multi-class-endurance-series.2480/
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, here we are at the final round for 2016 !
    Good luck to all those drivers who are fighting it out for a championship against some very good drivers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuel - slow

Tire wear - REAL
    Tire Compound - Start race on soft (default) then open at first stop.
    VISUAL DAMAGE - OFF (due to loss of headlight at night after contact / crash)
    Compulsory Stop - Pit lane open END OF LAP 1

IMPORTANT !!! Make sure you have adjusted your pit strategy to change to the tires you want to use at your stop ! It is an OPEN STRATEGY for the enduro, meaning you can run on the SOFT, MEDIUM or HARD tire if you want. I think you can get through with 1 stop on the softs though without too much hassle.
    FUEL : I will test tonight to make sure we can get home.....you will need to average under 1.2 L per lap to make the 50 laps.....remember if you decide to take fuel you need to fill up to a certain amount of fuel. I will do some maths tonight based on a race run.

Weather slots
    1. Clear
    2. Light cloud
    3. Heavy Cloud
    4. clear

Qual : 10 mins (PIT LANE CLOSED DURING QUAL)
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT (default)- may run MEDS OR HARDS from pit stop if you wish.
    DAMAGE : OFF due to needing lights during night running
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fast, if you come in there too hot you will hit the wall on the left.
    TRACK LIMITS : There are a few spots here where you can run wide WITHOUT incurring a penalty. Turns 15 and 16 are the two most notable, so, please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every other corner, so be ware !!Any drivers continually, and intentionally going off track will incur a penalty
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Plenty of passing opportunities, but be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Congratulations @Kart-No-1 on taking out the championship title well done mate
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thanks mate, have not been game to even think about it right from the start of the season as I would surely jinx myself. Can hardly believe that I finally have a championship to go with my maiden race win, especially after progressing from div 3 to div 2. Have to say this car really suits me and I am really warming to the game as well. Only have to hope I'm up to div 1 for next season. I have no illusions about my chances there as I will be setting the bar pretty low.
    Would also like to add that the racing has been excellent as well as the sportsmanship shown by all drivers, I think on the whole there has been very few issues, so we'll done all.
    Cheers.
  19. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not sure where you guys did your math, but I make out that v8 is 17 points behind kart so could still mathematically win
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Well Kart has 118 points in the bank if he places high then 4th then his points will be higher.
    I have 96 points with the maximum of 27 that would put me at 123 points but after drop rounds kick in the best I can is 115 points so Kart still wins by 3 point and I have to do my best not to lost my spot to toranafan, Kart can miss this week and still take the title