Season 5 - Division 3.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep I'm in the no practice squad, and am gutted that I chose to change tyres. As @dj2ca finally found a way past I decided now was the time for a stop (lap13-14?), and as I looked down at my wheel to check my tyres I saw that they were still basically full!!

DAMMIT!!

I think it was @webnomad pulled in at the same time so didn't lose that place, and as I exited the pits @SuiCid3 was closing fast. Now I'm not one to point fingers, and I know you know who you are, and I have witnessed you doing the same thing 2 races in a row now, but if you are being lapped, you must allow the faster driver past at the earliest and safest (for both drivers, don't put yourself off the track) time possible. You must not start a battle with them and hold them up. If I see it happening again I will impose a time penalty. Anyway I finally found a way past and Rano was quite close now but also got held up by the looks of it.

If I'd not changed tyres who knows I might have made up another place. Only a couple of little offs but no spins, and two 5sec pens for chopping that fast third gear kink before the hill up to the corkscrew. Best result in ages.

Well done @freddyp_33 , @VARDZ and dj
    Sam D Blacklock, SuiCid3 and dj2ca like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Okay, did some race settings testing with @stucar17 last night, here's what we have come up with:

TYRES

Cars will always be defaulted to Rain (Full wet) tyres when the lobby is set to no tune, therefore start tyres will always be Rain (Full wet).
    Drivers can then choose to take whatever tyre they would like in their compulsory stop, with the 3 main choices being
    • Rain (Full Wet)
    • Intermediates
    • No Tyres
    We have tested Wets vs Inters and found that while both tyres are very close on pace the Rain tyres (Full Wets) overheat quicker and require a bit of care, however the Inters do not overheat as much and are easier to drive but i found it hard to to the same lap times as wets.

FUEL
    Running at 1.81L per lap will get you home, so there will be no fuel burn change to this round.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Blindman and SuiCid3 like this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Agreed. Had to go off track a time or two to avoid a collision as I had no idea what your intentions were.

Everyone, please be mindful of lapping traffic. Please do not try to race people who are +1 lap in front.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What happened
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    forgot sorry. Have made the changes on my end
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R6 - Donington GP (sorry its late)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok guys....wet round this week, will be tough to get through incident free..
    Weather slots : LIGHT RAIN
    LAPS :
    DATE :
    20/12/16 @ 3pm
    Fuel: REAL
    Tire Wear : REAL
    Time Progression : Real
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : ON. Drivers will have to make a stop, and its up to you if you want to replace tires. You can run inters if you want, but we have found that they are not as nice to drive on as the full wets.
    Qual : 10 mins
    5 MIN WARM UP for any last minute issues or DSC
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : WET (default)- may run inters from pit stop if you wish
    DAMAGE : Visual only
    PIT EXIT / ENTRY : Pit entry is fine, pretty straight forward. Exit, all drivers will have to be mindful of re-entry to the raceline, and cars approaching 1 at race speed.
    TRACK LIMITS : There is nowhere here to cut and gain an advantage. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines at all times. There are cut penalties at pretty much every corner, so be ware !!
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Tough track to pass on. Be patient and remember it's better to give up a spot and continue the fight, then make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : There is a high chance of push penalties this round at turns 1 (redgate) and the final esses. If you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed............Don't use other cars as a brake ! If you are mid /back of the pack, remember to brake earlier to avoid contact.
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    SWERVING : A reminder that swerving to try to stop another driver gaining the draft is NOT permitted. You may change your line once, and that's it. ;)
    LAG : There have been a few instances in the last few rounds where lag has had an effect on certain drivers. PLEASE, if you suffer from this, FOLLOW THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR PROTESTS / ENQUIRIES before blowing up at someone who may not have done anything wrong.

Anything i have missed let me know
    Stu
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  9. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Have fun in the wet fellas. Love to be there but I have night shift. If you can all keep blindman to last place or dnf him somehow that would be much appreciated!
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm out for the rest of the season fellas, can't hack it on controller anymore, just ain't fun. Good luck to you all.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not sure if I'll make it tonight.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Anyone get screen shoots of fastest lap and total race time
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Stunned ... shocked ... amazed .... disbelief .... have not been on all week bar 10 laps at 5 pm this arvo to try wets and inters... decided on wets with a new set at my pit stop.... seriously doubted my choice after last week but i was stuck with it... quallyed mid pack and got great start but magnetized with cruc... and off we both went .... i redress straight away so i was in stone motherless last... end of lap 2 cruc spins at the entry to the pit straight ... into 6th chasing ad2mny ... lap 4 he goes around at the old hairpin and i am up to 5th... over the next few laps flash and i exchange spins and passes. about lap 10 or so i have a moment at the old hairpin re enter with flash going up my inside.... not sure what happened but next thing i see i have 6 secs on flash.... didnt feel any contact but will have a look at it tomoro... from there i set out after web and start think about when am i going to stop ... i decided lap 16 was the go and in i go... after the guys around me stop i am in 4th about 2 secs behind web.... i gain on him over the next few laps and try and fill his mirrors and keep the pressure on him... and my chance comes when he is slow out of the chicane onto the straight and i take that chance... from there i try to increase the gap which i managed to do... in the end i think it was about 6 secs.... congtratz to blindman on yet another division 2 worthy performance and naacs taking the second step.... oh yeah NAACSY.... GET A NEW HEADSET....FFS!!! LOL. ... Will be interesting week in Mackay as the title goes to the final round...
  14. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Yes there is a tight battle to see who comes out as the 'new no.4' in the Pro-state battle:D
    freddyp_33 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  15. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Vardz please explain to me how my headset is upsetting you. Every race I have my own little party. That way me and my headset are all by ourselves every time racing begins. Only time it's not is after.
    Go figure I can't.
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Didn't you just win a new headset? :laugh:
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    yes.
    but there's nothing wrong with my headset.
    In truth, Vardz just thinks I'm ignoring him when I have my own party

Race note: I put inters on at pit stop and set my personal best
  19. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Great race last night guys . Bad luck to flash on 2nd on the grid only to do a 1.08 on the warm up laps 2nd lap out . Got a good start with flash right with me into turn one . I have a car length gap with flash sticking with me and applying the pressure about lap 2 I had a little wobble coming onto the back straight were in ran a little wide but kept it straight with flash following me but had a spin . The pressure was off . Then check mirrors and naccs started hunting me down and closing in fast so I had to pick up my pace to try and save my left rear as the temp was getting up and getting slippery was holding naccs to around 3to 4 sec then started to watch as people started to pit naccs pitted and I did another lap then pitted had a bit bigger lead to keep as the gap got bigger I assume you guys had another spin or a off and I kept it on the wet black stuff till the checkered flag . Which made all the difference . Well done to all who raced and the podium . I did notice that people were going to extremes when I came up to pass like getting off the track all together? We are all racers so don't compromise your position by doing that .Blindman out Race ya later :cool:
    webnomad and NAACS like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Calling all budding journalists!!

We require help from anyone who can put their hand up to do write-up's for the ROOZ NEWS.

If you are interested, please PM myself & @Ad2mny