Season 6 Poll 2 + discussion

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Mar 17, 2016.

?

Which option should we go with for Season 6 ?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
  1. Option 1

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option 3

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Option 4

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Option 5

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    ok guys it's time to take the S6 setup to the next stage.
    with quite a close result in the poll between GT3, Open wheel and a mix of the 2 iv'e got an idea that might be a good combination and get the ball rolling a bit quicker. The lotus exiege seems to be a very popular car and it has two tuning stages available ( standard and S3) this would allow us to use 1 car but in two classes which would reduce the amount of tuning ( if any.....) and lighten the workload for the skiners and lets not forget the open wheel cars got a strong vote in the polling. So my proposal is that we run the first 2 rounds in the lotus 240r, rounds 3-4 in the 240r S3 and the final 2 rounds in the formula abarth.
    if we went with this option in would see S6 start a few weeks earlier and save a fair bit of testing :) i'll put up a poll with a few options including this one to see what everyone thinks.

Option 1, lotus+formula abarth, tuning allowed ( as described above ) .
    Option 2, lotus+formula abarth, No tuning allowed.
    Option 3, lotus 240r for first 3 rounds, 240r S3 for last 3 rounds, tuning allowed.
    Option 4, lotus 240r for first 3 rounds, 240r s3 for last 3 rounds, no tuning allowed.
    Option 5, test more GT3 cars.
    Cherno and loris P. like this.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

is there any other open wheelers up for choice? sorry havent really been in the rooms much.

edit: did you guys already use f abarth? dont really mind, at least its open wheel :)

i wont vote yet, just want to clarify as to why we wouldnt just do half half? instead of 2,2,2 in each car, just 3 in s3 and 3 in abarth, might go the gt3 option
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    If you put a link up for the formula 3 you were talking about then we can test it, the abarth is a great little car and imo the most suitable for a league race considering we don't have a big history with open wheel racing. Your probably pushing for open wheel racing the most so you need to get online and convince people why it's worth a try
  4. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I dont like the arbath so I voted for option 3 240 x 2 with open tuning as there's not much you can change on the 240 anyway. id vote for the dallara f3 or the renault 3.5 though as open wheel options though.

QC and I tried that Jerez track, the layout is awesome but the track surface is very poor quality and pretty much undrivable unfortunately.
    ashcow likes this.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

fair enough, assumed most would have it but here it is anyway
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/
    in terms of suitability abarth in truth is probably the best for us, as ive also mentioned before, open wheels are quite a different sort of racing that can often result in more accidents if we're not experienced racing with them.
    and yeah im very lazy in terms of testing, etc. :p im still obsessed with driving the ferraris around imola
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  6. Cherno

7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ill try and find a link to a better eastern creek i believe, it was ported from rfactor (that was laser scanned), and it has all the variations (brabham, north, south).
  8. Cherno

zampli likes this.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I think it has been removed because they didn't have permission to Port it and the one drift has running is its replacement
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I voted option 3. The Lotus 240R offered up some great racing on test night and I love the idea of a progression to the faster S3 model mid season after coming to grips with the base model. There's not much to tune but it's nice to have a little bit to play with to compliment different driving styles.

I think a season of FArbarth would offer great racing too. @zampli yea we used it but just for one week, the season 1 finale which was epic. But I find turning practise laps less exciting in the FArbarth, and it's much more tuning intensive than the Lotus. Not sure about fixed setup in an open wheeler. Might prove tricky at some tracks.....

Cherno and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  11. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Really like Sebring. I still remember from FM2, I did ambelievable race with DB9 GT3 ;)
  12. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I have this version installed and have no issues with it
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ye it runs fine its just they removed it from racedepartment
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    It's not that it doesn't work, he just wasn't meant to share it so it was taken down from race department.
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    So is the one on drift's server the rainmaker one?
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  17. Cherno

skywalker likes this.
  18. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

is there a reason to make the series so short? especial if you going to use the drop round system for the championship, i like the 2 x 2 x 2 idea of the 2 cars, but maybe 3x3x3 or 4x4x4 . it gives us more drive time to get used to the car we racing and a more realistically series of 12 race or 9 at worst, just my 2cents worth
    Cyber_STIG_77, DarrenO and zampli like this.
  19. Mael

Mael Professional

Yeah and we need at least one enduro race!
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    why not more sprint races to mix it up a bit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.