Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, just a few things to tidy up before R1 on Sunday night.

Qualifying starts @ 8:10 EST
    Race starts @ 8:20 EST

1. You CANT mix your tires in the same stint. The same compound must be used front and back at all times. Also, you must use both the Soft and Medium compound at some stage. The penalty for NOT running both compounds at some stage will be 1 minute added to your race time.

2. Pit lane WILL BE CLOSED during the 10 min qualifying period. This is to stop anyone from 'accidentally' swapping from the the soft to the mediums after they have set a time in the softs. If people were to do that it would disadvantage the drivers behind and give an unfair advantage. The Division captain will advise of the procedure that best suits them on race night.

3. WHEELS CAN BE CHANGED IN GT AUTO, but you will need to reset your gearbox settings to default before you go to track. If you dont it will block you from entering the track as the room is "tuning prohibited".

4. THE CONCRETE VERGE IN TURN 3 (Deep Forest) IS NOT PART OF THE TRACK. you must have , or be attempting to have, at least 2 wheels on the track at all times. People caught "consistently cutting" to gain advantage will be penalized at the end of the race.

Please read both the driver standards thread ........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=727

and race protest thread .........

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

So we can all have a great , hassle free season.

Good luck guys, hope you enjoy Season 7.

Stu and Miki
  2. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

blue,blue. 99
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    been on a bit this week haven't seen much of ya bonus and neish where you lads at?

firewind haven't seen ya much either
  4. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yeah ive been playing bf3
  5. PureGT_Muzz

PureGT_Muzz Murray

Sorry I haven't been around either. Been pretty busy with GTfusion inter forum series practice.

I'll be around for Saturday night and the race on Sunday.
  6. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Hey Carn, we're around just mostly in the v8 on IRacing. Ill be getting on this weekend to make friends once again with the SS10
  7. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    My car is a colour shift midnight purple to blue with black mags, wearing number #19.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys,

Just a reminder for qualy with all the banter over the last few days....

Pit lane is CLOSED during the 10 minute qualifying period, so you need to decide what tires you are going to start on before you go to track.

Once your tires are worn so that you cant better your time, please park your car off the circuit away from other competitors.

Remember you need to run both the medium and soft compound at some stage. Anyone not running both compounds will be penalized 1 minute.

Please be aware of other competitors on fast laps or if you are recovering from an off track excursion. Finding a clean lap out of the traffic is all part of the challenge ;)

We should see a range of different strategies that should keep the result unknown till the final few laps...

Enjoy guys, looking forward to see the results and your race reports (compulsory by the way :p :) ) tomorrow.

Lets fire the forum up !!

Stu
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

oops wrong div, looking forward to div 1 results tho
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for the racing again last night lads. I do hate that track, and I really found it hard to spend much time practicing, so apologies to those following me wondering about my braking points and lines...I was learning them as I went. Snake, last on the grid, first to taste the champa's, congrat's man. Well done also to Chev and Blue for podiums. Again, apologies to Corrza for my very clumsy and ugly attempted pass, I didn't redress immediately so I'm happy to cop some form of punishment from the mod's - I'll blame it on the red mist!?!? I am hoping to be at Tokyo, but will let you guys know. We are heading away this weekend so I won't get home till around kick off, and will probably be dangerously hungover.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ahhh, was hoping to have some good racing with you at Tokyo Anon, you were dominant there in the DTM series, here's hoping you make it!

Anywho, wasn't too confident of getting the win here at all, had one practice race a couple days earlier and another brief session before the race, was spinning all over the place, eventually got it under control and had pretty good 1 lap pace, all I was worried about was keeping it on the road, witch in the end, was what won it for me.

Come qualifying I'd opted for the mediums, I thought if I could get enough laps in on those without losing too much time, I'd be able to pit fairly early and have clean air to fully utilise the grip of the softs, unfortunately I spun on the last turn on my hotlap and pretty well shagged the tyres, was well pissed as it would've been a hell of a lot higher than 11th! Ah well, at least I was on the mediums, if I'd done that on softs I would've been stuffed.

Race time, got a decent enough start, had what seemed to be good pace on the mediums, was able to make quite a few places before I pitted for softs on lap 9, did another fairly uneventful 9 laps on those, pitted for fresh softs, did 10 laps on those, again fairly uneventful until the lap I came into the pits, I saw Chev's car limping off down the start/finish straight, didn't know what was going on, I thought his wheel might have crapped out, I mean, it's not often you see Chev make a mistake, anyway, I emerged from the pits 3rd a couple of seconds behind blueyonder, knowing Chev would be pitting again I knew at that point I was on for at least P2, blue seemed to be struggling fairly badly on worn tyres so I cruised up to him pretty quickly, sat behind him for a few laps as the pace he was going at was actually helping me to conserve rubber even though he was pushing hard to achieve that pace, after a while pussyfooting around I noticed Chev gaining on us so I thought I'd better move on, pulled out a few seconds gap then started driving cautiously just to try and save a bit of rubber in case Chev got close enough for a move and also to make sure I didn't bin it.

Was pretty bloody happy to get the win tbh, never expected it after my qualifying fiasco, then Chev had his little mishap and in the end it made for a very close finish, really good stuff, well done to Chev and Blue on the podium positions and kudos to everyone else for a well driven race, I didn't have any argy bargy with anyone, besides when Corzza had that lose right in front of me on lap 1, sorry I ran into you mate but I really had nowhere else to go :|
  12. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Congrats to the Podium winners.

I joined the room to have one last practice before qually and on leaving the pits my view decided to look behind as if i was in reverse. Yes... quite hard to drive foward while looking backwards. So i went back to pits and same again. Turned ps3 off and rejoined. All good? Well... I made it for qually, set my lap (6th was last i saw) parked on the first corner with everyone else and then......BANG....Disconnected. Sent host a message ( thanks for waiting as long as you could Cyber) and on trying to rejoin i kept getting disconected from server. What is the regs on disconnecting? Is it just bad luck or should their be a time delay incase the server is jammed? Its so annoying to practice, work out a race strategy to have it crushed moments before start by GT5's :):):):) servers. Looks like im off to a :):):):) start like last season. Seriously...Can't a guy get a break, just a little pinch of luck is all i ask? AHHHHHHHHH! lol :)

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great race and better luck then me. Hopefully ill see you all next round.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ahhh jiaro, mate what a bummer......a few guys had issues , i got kicked from my own room too in qualy, rejoined and thankfully we made it through the race.......

I got kicked today with only 2 in the room, me and topcat......so i tink its a random thing, but really frustration none the less

Hopefully better next week
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Should wait imo send a message even if you have to start last without qualifing, possibly reset your modem or playstation. Kept happening to Veno last night during free practice so we changed to Stu room, then it was ok cept stus one disconnect.

All in all best advice is if you having problems staying connected is try and get in the pre race pratice as early as possible to sort out any issues. Aussie had a weird issue where he wasnt able to stay connected to me last season. It like sometime two ppls connections dont get along. I hate to see it happen and like to see all make it through the race. Thankfully all 13 finished in div 2.
  15. JAIRO-219

JAIRO-219 Jai Heffernan

Yeh thanks Stu. Maybe once you have sent a disconnected message to host, they post that their will be a 5min delay due to diss problems. That might give you time to reset modem and have a chance at racing even if u miss qually as tek said. Is their a time reg? or is it upto the host to make a decision? Would people be happy to wait? but yeh something weird was happening last night. Neve have i left the pits looking backwards. Maybe a lot of people tryed to join the server at once causing it to crash? It looks like we all got booted around the same time.
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome race last night blokes! Congrats to Snake for the win, and to Blue for the 3rd spot on the podium.

I'm not going to go into too much detail as Snake already covered most of the action packed parts of my race. I qualified 1st with a 1:09.6 i think, which was about 0.2 off my pb but I was still very happy with the time. I did 8 laps on the softs, 11 on mediums, another 11 on mediums, then brought it home for the last 8 laps on softs again. I had a big off at the last corner somewhere toward the end of my second medium stint after pulling out a commanding lead, probably losing around 15 seconds, plus forcing me to fight my way back through the field in the dying laps. This no doubt cost me more time. I would have won by maybe 20 seconds if it wasn't for my foolish mistake. It goes to show that it isn't always the quickest who wins! You have to keep focused 100% on keeping your lines tight and not drifting wide, especially on that track.

Deep Valley not being one of my fav tracks, and having never really been successful there, kinda had me mentally on the back foot from the start. I'm pretty happy with 2nd though, and it's a long season ahead of us. See you in Tokyo.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Same goes for "go to track", so try and stagger your track entry for the qual session so you're not all trying to enter at the same time.
    Better luck next time Jairo.

Gratz to Snake for a great start to the season ;)
    Sounds like the number of pits required and the two tyre reg is making for interesting racing :)
  18. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    To quote pretty much any F1 driver: For sure.
    Definately feels like a good season with strategy coming into play and some pretty full rooms (heres hoping it continues).
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIV 1 race results under review for corner cutting on concrete before first tunnel !!!

These corner cutting incidents were of the 4 wheels on the concrete variety narrowly missing the wall on many of those occasions.

This is not what the league is about! I would strongly suggest re-reading the race rules and regulations thoroughly before this Sundays race to prevent these sort of thing happening again.
  20. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

We'll have to call them Alex Premat haha. :p
    Maybe their transponders were playing up haha.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.