Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well, I've made it back to town lads, am feeling a bit like death but don't want to miss a run on Tokyo so count me in. Inserting toothpicks now, and desperately looking up hangover cures...
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

You're a good man Anon.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    drive it like you stole it anon !!
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Well done tonight fellas. I got a good win with Anon and Snake giving chase to round out the podium. There's an interesting spread of lap times this week with many different tyre strategies being adopted. Although I won the race, I only placed 4th on the list with my longer stint, 2 stop strategy. It really pays to look after those tyres boys!

Fastest Laps Div 1
    Round 2
    Tokyo 246
    28 laps

1:36.987 SNAKEiSM
    1:37.926 Anon666
    1:38.067 ENFORCER_98
    1:38.245 Chevwah
    1:38.345 blueyonder-666-
    1:38.735 PureGT_Muzz
    1:38.814 grinderman72
    1:39.066 NOS_Bonus_888
    1:39.352 Cyber_STIG_77
    1:39.402 NOS_Neishy4A-GTE
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done guys........ Snake, what a time mate, awesome

No Jairo, firewind or corzza which was a shame. Will chase them down this week and see what's doing.
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I attempted a 3 stopper Stu so had to push real hard, everything would've had to go perfectly for it to work though, unfortunately it didn't quite go that way but ah well, would've helped a lot had I started on softs, might've avoided being held up in the pits also, but :):):):) happens, I'll have to think a bit harder about pit stop strat next round as I was clearly on the wrong one this time, still had a ripper race, full cred to Chev and Anon who drove a couple of staunchers!
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Wow, and I bet there was no draft on that time either Snake. Took a bit longer than I thought to get myself back on last night, jumped in the room and did a few laps while chatting to the wife. Then saw people pulled over on the side of the track, was thinking what's doing? Then the race timer started! Oh Fudge, this is qual! Oh well, guess I'm starting on softs, and from the back of the field.

Worked out alright in the end, had one big moment coming on to the straight on lap 9, probably cost me 5-10 seconds, but was never gonna catch Chev with the tyre wear I was getting. Now to the sprint round, Snake will be hard to get past methinks!!
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah no draft Anon, just had a clear track in front of me, looking forward to a sprint round actually, hopefully I can't go too wrong with pit strat in a shortened race! :p
  9. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

How will the tyres work in the sprint round. Will you have to run mediums and softs in both races? Or could u run mediums one race and softs the next? What the rules on that?
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    very good point Tek... this is my IMO

i think both tyres should be run in both race only because it will shack things up in a big way.
    and what i mean by that is Short Fast Track yeah any1 can just grab the lead and run and all block all the way to the flag....
    Buuuut what if you are in the lead and have to pit and change tyres, Where will you come out in the field???
    MMMMM you know what they say "put a Cat in amongst the Pigeons" somethings going to happen and its not always going to be good!!!!

And being a sprint the pits should only be open for a smallish window period??
    say if the soft last for 8 or 9 laps and mediums last 13 or 14 (not to sure on the as i haven't ran a lot laps here YET! )
    so pits window could be something along the lines of opens lap 7 and then closes on 12.... this will MAKE every1 thing about there tyres and the way there going to run BOTH races.

As you can see if this was the case and started on the softs and kill them early the pit window is open but mean you will have to be very careful on ya mediums... and same for medium but just later in the pit window... OR we just make it easy and leave the pit window open BUT STILL run both tyres...

sprint rounds are suppose to be very fast paced and very high pressured round.....

THOUGHTS EVERY1 ???
  11. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i reckon in one race there must be a pit so everyone has to sacrifice one race then not pit in the other... tyres reverse grid meds and sprint softs or something like that
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    thats a bit silly man, pit only 1 race and not the other, will just not work. you either make people pit both races of the round or you don't period.

only because it would be WAY 2 HARD & 2 LONG to check if every1 has done the right thing with tyres!!!

with a pit window its easy and condenses everything in a small lap period (GOOD 4 moderates/hosts) and will cause racing nightmare.. :lol: (NOT so good 4 drivers) :p
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I liking what your sayin Aussie, start on whatever compound and make a stop somewhere within that window, would stop people from running mediums for 1 lap then doing the rest on softs too, I dunno, up to you Stu..
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Takes out a bit of strat if you have a pretty short pit window tho. If it has to be both compounds both races the pit window should be lap 5-17 odd to still allow ppl to change strat say they feel they stuck in traffic ect.

I dont even know if you could get 22 laps on soft here any way, im up for a few test races tho.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    had this very conversation with muzz last night guys....

Am thinking that either

1. the rules stay the same as we have (must run both compounds). You will get to the end of race 1 easily on 1 stop, strategy being how to get clear air and how long to run on each compound.

With race 2 being reverse grid, and with no qual then you would start on the tire you finish race 1 on........

OR....

2. we all qual R1 on the softs, compulsary pit and finish on the meds, which means that race 2 everyone would start on the meds as well, pit to softs to finish....

Both these are simple to understand

personally i like option 1, more scope for things to be mixed up a bit. Being a sprint round it brings strategy, and the need to run fast for 22 laps to try to get a good result. Also you would need to think about what tire you are left with to start race 2 on, in the reverse grid.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I say do some testing tonight, and then make a final decision tomorrow. Surely tyre degradation will be such that running 20 laps on softs will not be the quickest way. I couldn't do 20 laps of my backyard in this car without wearing through a set of softs. Either way I'll try and get on tonight and run some laps with whoever is about.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah mate, ill be on....

ran a few laps last night and the softs start to go away by about lap 14 or 15....for me anyway....
  18. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Without even doing any testing I'm leaning towards option 1 Stu, will try to jump on and turn a few laps with you lads tonight, will voice my opinion then.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

You have to remember that this is a sprint round...so people should be focusing on raw speed instead of strategy. In a normal sprint situation we wouldn't even be doing a pit stop at all. But with the way the softs were softened up more, we kinda need one. At the end of the day tho, I think we should put a pit window in and use both compounds each race. People shouldn't be thinking too much into it because in a sprint race it will be the quickest guy who wins, not the guy who is thinking about strategies.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I vote you leave it like it is Stu. If someone wants to try and run 20 laps on their softs, let 'em. After race one, people pick their tyres again and start reverse grid order and job done. That's my 2 cents after running a stack of laps tonight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.