Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIV 1 results, round 3, tsukuba 2 x 22 lap sprint round.

RACE 1 FINISHING ORDER. BEST LAP.

1st - chevwah. 52.693.
    2nd - blueyonder. *52.350.*
    3rd - Anon. 52.803.
    4th - grinderman. 52.814.
    5th - Cyber_stig. 52.658.
    6th - SNAKEiSM. 52.884.
    7th - Nos_neishy. 53.268.
    8th - Pure_GTmuzz. 53.175.
    9th - JAIRO. DNF.

RACE 2 FINISHING ORDER. BEST LAP.

1st - blueyonder. 52.686.
    2nd - grinderman. 52.728.
    3rd - NOS_neishy. 53.428.
    4th - SNAKEiSM. 52.747.
    5th - Pure_GTmuzz. 52.881.
    6th - chevwah. 52.351.
    7th - cyber_stig. 52.914.
    8th - Anon. DNF.
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ chevwah, i always put up the fastest laps anyway ???
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    You might have it chev, race 2 only half points mate
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Think blue would have it 18+12 and half, chev 25 +4. Blue by one and half points
  5. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I've been doing the official times Cyber....you know...the ones that I post up in the correct format so its easy for the mods to copy and paste into the complete list? Yeah, those ones.
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Wow...Blue beat my fastest time by .001...lol. Lucky for him I was driving like a slug tonight. So bloody slow.
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @ chev, is there something wrong with the way I post the results ? I've done it this way for a couple of seasons now without anyone saying I needed to change it. I'm not sure what your getting at.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I don't mind how you do it at all. I was told to post it up a certain way that's all. I'm sure the mods can manage just this once.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Filthy c#nt of a race for me last night, had a good few laps battling with grinder in race 1 after Neishy forced me onto the grass out of the 2nd last corner early on (you can't just force someone wide like that mate, I was right beside you and you left me no space), I almost lost it then and there, luckily kept it on track and chased down grinder, good, clean, close racing ensued, I finally got by and went another lap or two without issue until I just got onto the grass and had a bit of a lose, fell to last place, managed to make up 2 positions by the end.

Race 2, looked like I was on for P2 (Blue was just too quick for me to keep up with) until Muzz got a bit too close for comfort, tagged me a bit and I got all out of shape, overcorrected and ended up in the wall, he redressed (thanks mate) but by the time I could get going again I'd lost 2 positions, spewin, pace was good enough to atleast be near Chev, Blue and Anon considering I didn't even think I was going to make it in (was out for tea and had PSN issues when I tried to get on), qualy went like :):):):) given the fact I had no warmup beforehand, too many people taking dives thinking I've outbraked myself when I'm just taking a late apex (this was getting really annoying), I try to turn into the apex and someones gone and stuck there car in there when they were never close enough to make the pass, some people were just driving with no regard for anyone else last night and on such a tight track it makes things tough, I know I was way too respectful last night given a couple of other drivers actions (not you Muzz, you know when you've made a booboo), it felt like you had to rough dudes up to do well last night, unless you were out front the whole time.
  10. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I'm struggling to find that snake, never even got beside you in race 1.

Edit - Yep can't find that in race 1, similar thing happened in race 2 but I didn't push you on the grass, we just kinda glitch rubbed on the straight. We had some really clean racing throughout that Snake, I'm not sure what it is your unhappy about. And Muzz I'm glad you were redressing putting snake out of shape, but you really shouldn't stop right on the racing line exit, I kinda had nowhere to go, no worries tho.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah righto, I didn't save the replay so can't have a look, it was probably lap 1, I ended up getting by you on the outside through the final turn, we exited the second last corner side by side (I may have been slightly ahead), I was on the outside, my two left side wheels were up on the kerb as they would be when taking the turn normally, then as I tried to come back onto the bitumen you'd left me no room to do so, it may well have been a connection issue, I duuno, nothing really came of it, but it could have completely :):):):)ed me over had I completely lost control, anyway, it's over now man, I was just pissed with my performance overall tbh.

Edit: Come to think of it, it may have been race 2, sorry.
  12. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    It's a shame you didnt save that replay, it was some nice driving by both of of us through that corner in question (and off the start and the 3 last laps), I got up the inside completely on entry and powered out well leaving pretty much exactly a car width for you, you held the outside line nice too staying right beside me the whole way, we were dead level coming out of the corner. Driving out of the corner up the straight you were on the black stuff completely, but yeah I was still just leaving you that one car width and a bit, you had a little more pace. We were doing fine beside each other then I just moved ever so slightly to the left and brushed your rear, got you a little loose and then we came together a lil harder, and fishtailed out of it. We both lost a little speed, and I gave you the next corner, we didnt really lose any track position. So yeh basically you're right, I really shouldnt of been driving so close to you on the straight there was no need and I had plenty of space to use so sorry bout that, I'm not quite sure what i was thinking. But no harm done from it luckily tho, even tho we did almost lose it.

I think youre race 2 was quite good, only thing was when you and muzz (then me lol) got caught up, if that didnt happen it was shaping up to be you, me, muzz and grinder all fighting for 2nd on last lap.

edit - Oh and Grinder mate, great drive to go from last place in the sand at T1 lap 2 to be in postion to grab 2nd in the dieing moments. Triple overtake slalom lap 20, good stuff.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah all good Neish, I dunno what it was but I just didn't seem to have any pace on the mediums in r2, I actually felt a bit sorry for Muzz as he was definately quicker than me at that point but couldn't find a way past, must have been bloody frustrating, not sure if he was on softs or not but certainly had the edge on me.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep I was disconnected...shortly after turning the PS3 off. Happy to cop a DQ Cyber, I accept that it was poor form and contravene's the rules. As such I don't have a replay of those first 7 laps but I have a feeling that they would look a little different to yours by the sound of it Chev. Sorry that I cost you so much time. Anyway, glad to have that round out the way.

BTW Congrat's Blue and Grinder for another good showing.

PS For something different, I've organised some fun races in the Pontiac tonight. All welcome.
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Hi mate, can you please sort out the final position standings and I'll update the ladder
    i.e. in order of full points race 1 plus half points race 2, and note who got fastest overall laps.

Regarding fastest laps.. what Chev was talking about is it's easier for Carn to post up the overall fastest lap standings for all divisions if you post it as a separate list from finishing order with the lap time first, then the driver name - it's easier to read through the times that way.

Like M1k1 has done for Div 2 results this week. (I used to just provide one list of overal fastest laps across the two races like this but also denote in brackets which race the lap was done)

Cheers ;)
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    No worries, I'll sort it out tomorrow.
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIV 1 results. R3 Tsukuba

fastest laps.
    52.350 blueyonder-666- (1)
    52.351 chevwah (2)
    52.658 Cyber_stig_77 (1)
    52.728 grinderman (2)
    52.747 SNAKEiSM (2)
    52.803 Anon666 (1)
    52.881 Pure_GTmuzz (2)
    53.268 NOS_neishy-4AGTE- (1)

finishing order.

1st - blueyonder-666-
    2nd - chevwah
    3rd - grinderman
    4th - Anon666
    5th - SNAKEiSM
    6th - NOS_neishy-4AGTE
    7th - Cyber_stig_77
    8th - Pure_GTmuzz
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Champion ;)
    Gratz blue on the win and fastest lap.

I awarded Jairo last (9th) position on account of him not finishing through technical difficulties.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good run last night lads. Did a few laps in practice and thought, should be able to get 10-11 out of the softs, maybe a few more out of the mediums. Then everyone on softs pitted at the end of lap 7 and I thought crap, wrong strategy!! Having started on med's I just kept on trucking until lap 11 and they were shot. Jumped into the softs and from there it was a pretty quiet and slow race. Tyre conservation was all I was worried about. Snake swallowed me up at the end of my first soft stint and then binned it 2 corners later...ahh man that would have cost you a bunch of time. Good day all in all yesterday, enjoyed the beach in the morning with the anonlings, watched the Reds win in the arvo, got the lollies in the race and watched another quality F1 race before bed. Why can't every day be a Sunday???
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Excellent race last night boys. Anon really pulled one out of the hat (and over our eyes) with a great win. His 2 stop strat turned out to be the goods. While not being overly fast per lap, he kept consistant lap times while conserving his tyres, which seems to be the way to go with this car. For this reason, I failed to challenge for the lead last night. I was planning to do a 2 stop strategy, but after some testing about an hour before the race, and the realistaion that I have hated this track forever, I decided I'd go with a safer 3 stop plan. I qualified on pole with a PB of 1:28.6 on my first hot lap. Knowing I wouldn't better that, I parked up and watched the other boys go round, hoping I'd hold that top spot.

The race was a bit of a nail biter. There were so many different tyre strats going on that I didn't really know my true position at any given time. I had some good battles with Cyber for a fair chunk of the race, and also copped a fair amount of punishment from Enforcer, but I soon left these guys in my wake and desperately tried to hunt down Snake in the last few laps, but came up a couple of seconds short. My tyre strat was 6s, 10m, 8s, 7s. I think it was an ok strat, but with a mature and consistant drive from Anon on the 2 stop, and me trying to fight through the pack, I didn't have a chance. I'll take this 3rd place as a lesson in failed planning, and hope that I crunch the numbers a little better for Trial Mountain.

Congratulations to Anon and Snake. The top of the ladder is getting a little crowded..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.