Season 7 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep....it was never said that werent.
    It was suggested by a couple of guys that we miss, but, as always, is a few miss out this week or the week we shift to, so have kept the schedule as originally set
    Slambobagan and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will try to get up the driver briefing for bathurst up tomorrow morning lads
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    SUPERCARS WORLD TOUR.

Round 2 -
    30/4

Bathurst AUSTRALIA. 22 Laps - 10/4/17 - Race start @ 2pm.
    Weather slots : Light cloud, clear, light cloud, Heavy cloud
    22 laps should have to add approx 12L fuel based on 2.3L Av use

PLEASE BE ON TIME.
    Race Rooms will opened by host at approx 7:30 Sydney time (tune room) for people to set up their pit strategy, with the room host to open the NON TUNE race room at about 8pm Sydney time. If you cant make it PLEASE let the host / captain know in the division thread or by sending a message on PSN. With reserve drivers its important that everyone knows whats happening so we can place the spare div 1 and 2 guy if possible (17th driver)

[​IMG]

Thanks for what looked like some great racing in last weeks first round guys....A couple of minor issues that were resolved quickly i believe....

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There really isnt any spots here to cut without being chewed up and spat out by the beast that is Bathurst ! BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.
    NOTE : drivers CAN use the concrete extension on the left side of track on the run into the chase

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. From the few practice races i have done, turns 1 (hell corner) 2 (Griffins) the CHASE and 23 (murrays) are the best passing spots. Forcing the issue across the top will more than likely end in tears so use your brains here ! We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to set up a pass here. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight. Obviously the chase, turns 1,2 and Murrays (final turn) are the best spots

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 2 and 3. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted for each round, and make the decision of wanting to take the soft / hard or a mix of the 2 at their pitstop. From my limited prac this week i "THINK" you will get through on 2 sets of softs. We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the falcon one (even default).

FUEL : You will need to add 'approx' 10L to finish the race. REMEMBER your pit strat fuel bar is what the pit crew will fuel UP TO. Below is an approx strategy / fuel guide that is an ESTIMATE ONLY for the guys that don't have a lot of time to prac / test....Dont blame me if it doesn't work for you ;)

ALL BASED ON 2.3L per lap...
    PIT END LAP 6 - Fuel up to 36L (should be on 'about' 26L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 10 - Fuel up to 28L (should be on 'about' 17L on pit entry)
    PIT END LAP 13 - fuel up to 20L (should be on 'about' 10L on pit entry)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain left on the exit of the chase for a clean entry into pit lane.

On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line isn't that long, so you should stay as far left as possible into T2 if there is traffic approaching, once up to speed then all should be good to resume racing by the time you reach the crest up mountain straight.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    seth123 and SPL Racing like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Race day !!!

Just a reminder guys that @seth is in tonight as a reserve driver for @AOCleaner74

@Mattozi will be the spare for us if someone cant make it late notice, otherwise he can have a run in the reserve room...
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Well what a disaster for me tonight my wheel hasn't been felling right for a while . Went to karts Friday night and that's when I really noticed it as I was well into the 2.05s on his rig and haven't had a chance to get back on mine till just before the race tonight jumped into a room with kart to check all the settings to no avail so I then disconnected from the room as I was trying to turn wheel off. Thanks for waiting . So thought I would still give it a go but it was just the same as before . Any way sorry to seeth as we made contact going up the mountain not sure if it was my fault but if it was ill take full responsibility so tried to battle on but it was just a waste of time congratis to the podium and I will see what can be done with my T300 cheers BLINDMAN RACEYALATER :cool:
  7. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Start line Kafuffle
    SPL Racing and Blindman like this.
  8. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    And this one was my bad , then the invisible wall strikes again .

9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Ouch!
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That was a mess wasnt it !
    PROVISIONAL RESULTS @jasondull1986
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @Hatfield the positions from 5th - 10th are all arse up.
    Should be (someone please correct me if im wrong)
    5th - Jasondull
    6th - Bubba Gee
    7th - V8power
    8th - @SPL Racing ?????
    9th - @Kart-No-1 ?????
    10th - The juzzy

i think the others are all in the right order.
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    SPL Racing likes this.
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    6th bubba gee
    7th V8Power383
    8th SPL_Racing
    Unsure of rest
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Well what a race that was. Somehow started on pole even though I completely screwed up the esses. Race was fantastic. Battling @Coojak3009 from lap 1 just about to lap 22. We slowly were driving towards @Slambobagan but going side by side through corners doesn't close the gap. Looking forward to the next race.
    Slambobagan, Coojak3009 and stucar17 like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Has a pretty tough race tonight....got a cracking start after qualifying 10th, but had nowhere to go in the :):):):) storm that was the run into turn 1.

Looking at the replay from Juzzy, i think it was a combination of things that contributed to it all, however i have only seen 1 replay. Coojak got a great start splitting juzzy and rhino (who moves right after driving through an invisible SPL?). From there it got a bit ugly, and i had a front row seat to cars going everywhere, so i got right out of it and waited for it all to finish. Juzzy copped the worst of it, so i let him go in front, only to get past not long after when he made a mistake. Then when i thought he would catch me quick, he managed to hit @mikeruntbike who had just hit an invisible wall......Bad luck mike.....one of those nights.

Rest of the race i spent following someone or letting faster guys go so i didnt cause an accident but had some good battles with @Kart-No-1 , @TheJuzzy , @bubba gee and @POPPINFRESH1234 .....

I actually went a lap longer than originally planned just to try something but all it did was cost me 2 seconds so fell away from V8 by the end of lap 12.... 2 races now where hindsight is great !

Well done to Slambo for the win and Coojak for his first ROOZ podium, and torana for a great comeback after last weeks issues.

On to Brno for the wet/dry round.......Put on your gum boots on and be prepared for a really tough first 5 laps.

Stu
    TheJuzzy and bubba gee like this.
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Also great racing for the first half of the race as I had bubba gee all over me looking for a way past and to his credit we didn't trade paint once until the pit stops came and he got me in the pits but not all was lots as I started hitting PB after PB try my best to keep up but with 2 laps to go SPL had me in his sights and it was a good battle for the last lap a he went for a pass under brakes at turn 2 but he over shot the apex so I was able to take the spot back on the run into turn 5 but it wasn't over yet as he had one more try at the final turn but he couldn't make it stick but yet again a great race in div 1 and I really didn't think I had a chance of finishing in the top 10 after qualifying 15th I think to finish 7th is a great result
  15. Coojak3009

Coojak3009 Rookie

Thanks Toranafan and slambogan cracker of race guys had a ball. Bring on the next race!!!
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    christ that was ugly......leave it there in case there are any protests ....
  17. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    I don't even know what's happening is there2 me's?
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bubba was the big loser in all that, got past clean, then got belted on the outside of T1.
    Coojak3009 and Toranafan-02 like this.
  19. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Looks like rhinos slow start off the line played a big role in that, messy..
    Had a great race got a blinder of a start to take p1 by t1, and managed to hang on all race, struggled once my tyres were 10laps old had coojak right up on my bumper for a lap or 2,
    Once I took tyres though managed to get the gap back out to 3seconds and maintained it to the finish line,
    Luckily had torana and coojak battling for about 10 laps looked awesome guys. Well done. Was hoping you would take each other out haha but Both of ya never binned it, and kept the pressure on me. good racing.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Lag issues.
    Starting view from Rhino shows coojak bumping him, start view from coojak shows him hitting a ghost with non-ghosted Rhino about half a car in front of that ghost impact.