Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Parents all ways tell lies we have to
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I have the same results on my app.

I will have to check my replay. I'm not disagreeing that it happened though as I was struggling with Bounty lagging very badly all race too so anything is possible.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @NAACS i have you just ahead of me lap 9 as I exit the pits. I closed in on you over the next laps but then you pitted start lap 11. I had @Bounty05 and @SLAPNTICKLE just ahead for the rest of the race and @ShootSho7t around 10secs behind which stretched out to over 30 secs.
  4. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    LoL
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

40 minutes of nail biting exci... bah who am I kidding lol
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  6. Anthonyb

My quick race review.
    Qualified 1st which was a nice surprise @dj2ca got a great start and beat me to turn 1 by a kilometre followed him around for a lap or 2 then I started to apply some pressure only to find @mwkw1520 behind me and pressuring me he made a great move into the bus stop and got past only to let me do the same a lap later I was straight back onto dj trying to get by or force the mistake but man have you got a fff (fat ford falcon) I dsc on lap 10 I think great clean racing really enjoyed my short stint looking forward to the rest of the season
    Ant
    redness-63, dj2ca and Ad2mny like this.
  7. redness-63

redness-63 Rookie

Hey guys
    Thanks for the race last night good stuff.
    I think maybe i will be bumped up to div 2.
    Good fun racing with you guys.
    Cheers redness -63
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That was an exciting and close race for me!

I set my best qualifying lap on lap 1 with a 1:45:499. Couldn't better that so I headed back to the garage to see what others were doing. Looking at the timing board I couldn't believe my eyes, Anth had set the exact same lap time as me. It put me on pole though, I'm guessing because I set the time first. I watched the seconds tick down hoping that nobody would better the time but Anth pulled another great lap out and snagged pole with a 1:45:402, great lap mate, well done.

I got a blistering start but at the time I didn't really know it because my HUD wasn't displaying the rear view mirror. I entered turn 1 cautiously, hoping that nobody was about to ram me and that I wasn't about to blindly cut Anth off. Luckily all went well and we drove through the following corners without incident. When we entered the back straight I quickly brought the rear view mirror back up.

I definitely needed that mirror too, I spent pretty much the entire race with somebody right on my keister. For a few laps it was Anth battling with me, staying really close and having a few looks up the inside. All of a sudden I saw Mick behind me as he overtook Anth with a fantastic pass at the bus stop, he harassed me for a lap of two before Anth managed to take P2 back off him via another great maneuver at the bus stop. Either way I was under duress with both guys driving really well and not letting me relax for a moment. I made a few errors but somehow managed to keep them behind me.

What happened next made my heart sink. That awful little blue box appeared at the bottom of my screen telling me that Anth had disconnected. Huge shame, Anth, very bad luck and I really feel for you.

I pressed on with Mick on my tail. At the end of my first stint I was seriously struggling for grip with my front left pretty much gone and the front right not far behind it. My strategy was to pit on lap 12 so I held him off until then and peeled off into the pits to take my fuel and rubber. I came out of the pits and tried to drive as fast a lap as I possibly could to ensure that Mick came out of the pits behind me when he exited on the next lap. Luckily it worked and he came out behind both me and the alien (redness) who was now behind me.

I attempted to hold redness off for as long as I could by driving ultra defensively but he is at least a division 1 or 2 driver so he was always going to get by me. How he did it blew my mind. We came up the hill after rounding Toes and I took the inside line for Heel but he just blew around the outside with a move that I can only describe as spectacular.

I had Mick right on my tail for the next few laps, driving very well and having a few looks at passes but not quite being far up enough to get it done. Nevertheless, great driving on his part and I really had to defend my position. Slowly but surely Bounty was reeling him in and soon enough we had a three car train. Mick ran a little wide at Heel and gave Bounty the look he needed to get the pass done.

Our three car train continued for some time with Bounty harassing me quite close behind but eventually his and Mick's battle for P3 allowed me to pull away enough to feel a bit more comfortable. I had preserved my tyres well in this second stint so I drove a bit more aggressively to open up the gap as much as I could.

In the end I'm happy with P2 for this race and if this was any indicator on the rest of the season we're gonna have a blast!

Well done to everyone on a nice clean race.
    AOCleaner74, redness-63, Mick and 2 others like this.
  9. Anthonyb

I feel a little rude as I'm still stewing over my dsc and what could have been.
    Congratulations to @redness-63 @dj2ca and @bluebounty05 on the podium.

Also how many people are unavailable for next week I'm not available and I think bounty is away please let me know if you are so we can put some pressure on stu to postpone the session for a week
    redness-63 and dj2ca like this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Stew all you like mate. It's an awful thing to have a DSC, especially when you had such good pace and were up the front end of the race.
    redness-63 and Anthonyb like this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm def going to miss Bahurst but from what Stu has said in other threads, I don't think he will change next week.
    redness-63 likes this.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Awesome race last night guys, thanks to all. Had some great battles accompanied with respectful driving and ended up with P3. Pretty stoked about that but it's a long way to go yet...
    Dj, I was reeling you in and I could see you were taking the defensive line but you held me off. I didn't quite have enough speed to pass you, so well done mate great drive. It's actually very difficult to race with somebody on your a#$ for nearly the whole distance.
  13. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    FUN FUN FUN...Man that was sweet last night i had a ball,Congrats to Redness,DJ and Bounty.It was great racing from start to finish,now i cant wait to get to Bathurst...Cheers guys
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    stucar17, Anthonyb, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  14. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I started from 7th which was higher than I was expecting. Made an error at T10 on the first lap and gave up two or three spots. By lap 6 it was clear that my front left didn't have many laps left so I tried to conserve it. I ended up pitting on Lap 10 (I think). The 1 1/2 laps before that were horrible, left front at zero and right not far behind. Went on hard option and came out behind Dev1 who was yet to pit (I think). In my impatience to pass I made contact at T9 (sorry Dev). I redressed and ended up passing on the next lap.
    By about lap 17-18 it became clear that my fronts weren't going to make race distance unless I backed off, so I did. I was 20 odd secs in front of ranok so drove to a pace that would keep my position by the end while using the buffer. By lap 23 fronts were at zero. It was quite frustrating to not be able to push, guess I'm hard on tyres. End winge.
    Thanks all for the race.
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It isn't your fault mate. Guys using controllers are always much harder on tyres than the guys on wheels. I had the same problem before I got my wheel.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    And now for a highlight reel...

stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done guys on the big grid last night
    @TheMuss wasnt there so not sure what happened as was keen a few nights ago so i will message him..

NOW THE BIG PROBLEM !!!!!

and this will be a generic post to all threads...

The issue we have is that we now have too many drivers for 3 divs.....
    I have @bubba gee missed last night along with @Mattozi while @seth123 is keen to race every week and he was subbing for zachery who i ended up moving to D2., Div 2 had @Jim_aka_The_Man away and @COME_AND_GET_ME7 couldnt get a slot and now @redness-63 is keen to race but is way too fast for div 3......

So the big issue is would anyone take issue with postponing a week, changing to 4 divs and using the spare week to try to recruit a few more drivers to fill up the extra spots.....I think it would give div 1 16, and the other divs roughly 12 per grid....

The only other way to do it is to put the extra guys in their own div and give them points based on race time or similar....We could even rotate drivers out for the 'spares room' if we have too many each week.....

Need to make a decision on this asap, so everyone knows whats going on....it is unprecedented to have 5 new entries the day before season start
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm fine with postponing the next round. I'm pretty confident a few others will be too given that a lot couldn't make Bathurst anyway.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    the question is though going to 4 divs to fit everyone in.....
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Also happy to do that as long as the divisions will still reflect everyone's capabilities. I imagine some div 2 drivers would be pushed back into div 3? That could potentially make it unfair on some of us in the lower div.