Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Season 8 is kicking off this Monday night the 25th of July. We are heading into a long 7 race series using 2 cars and our usual variety of tracks. The initial 3 races are going to be in the Maserati MC GT4, a sweet little beast just added to the AC line up. The final 4 will be in the Ferrari 488 GT3, also part of the newly released Red Pack. As with last season we will have a prize draw at the end of the season provided by one of our great sponsors - info here.

At this stage it looks at though we may be running just one room. The room will still be divided into 2 divisions and there will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons. An added bonus is that everyone who enters also will be placed in one of the Raceonoz.com Teams - so you will be part of main team championship run across AC, GT6 and PCars.

And there you have it, put you name down below and get yourself involved.

For those who are new to our events please provide your Steam GUID when you sign up, and it would be helpful to send me a FR on steam - anon_666.

Race Schedule:
    Tracks can be found below.

Round 1. Maserati MC GT4
    25/07/2016 - Red Bull Ring (GP) (Extra Pits File)
    27 Laps. Fuel burn @ 300%
    Tyre wear @ 150%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 50.

Round 2. Maserati MC GT4
    01/08/2016 - Blackwood
    2 x 18 Laps (Sprint). Fuel burn @ 100%
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 25%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 25.

Round 3. Maserati MC GT4
    08/08/2016 - Albert Park
    21 Laps . Fuel burn @ 300%

Round 4. Ferrari 488 GT3
    15/08/2016 - Imola
    25 Laps. Fuel burn @ 220%

Round 5. Ferrari 488 GT3
    22/08/2016 - Red Bull Ring (Short)
    25 Laps x 2. Fuel burn @ 100%
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 98, Random = 1, Transfer = 80, LTI = 10.

Round 6. Ferrari 488 GT3
    29/08/2016 - Catalunya Moto
    25 Laps . Fuel burn @ 220%

Round 7. Ferrari 488 GT3
    05/09/2016 - Nurburgring Nordschleife
    8 Laps. Fuel burn @ 200%
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 99, Random = 1, Transfer = 90, LTI = 1.

All rounds will see the server open at 8.4p5m AEDT, with qualifying beginning at 9pm. There will be 15 mins of practice and qualifying then straight into the race, starting at 9.15pm. Each race (bar the 2 sprint rounds) will have a compulsory pit stop unless specifically stated.

The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per below:
    1st-25; 2nd-20; 3rd-16; 4th-13; 5th-11; 6th-10; 7th-9; 8th-8; 9th-7...15th-1.
    This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=27 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total. In the case that this is the first round of the season, then any ballast earned in round 2 by finishing in the top 5 will be multiplied by 1.5. This means a first place will see you earn 45kg rather than 30kg.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual session for the first race, and a hot lap qual for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Success Ballast System:

We have experimented with a success ballast system and is continues to be shaped as each season goes on. We are running a slightly modified version this season, but as always we are hoping to keep the racing close.

Here is the system for this season and it will be used across both divisions:

First = 30kg
    Second = 20kg
    Third = 10 kg
    Fourth = 5 kg
    Fifth = 3 kg

The maximum ballast any driver can carry is 45kg. Your penalty is carried over, but is halved in every subsequent race. Eg - Finish 2nd, carry 20kg into the next race. Then finish 3rd, carry 20kg into the next race. And so on. You must attend the race to have your ballast halved, which means if you miss a round your ballast will be sitting there waiting in the back of your rocket the next time you race.

Drivers: (listed with cross platform team prefix)

Division 1 -

1. TLR @Mael
    2. BHR @Pringles_947
    3. GRT @Anon666
    4. RZR @Shaun_A
    5. HTO @Tovey_4saken
    6. HTO @TheStig13
    7. RZR @zampli
    8. SAR @R0T0R-AU86
    9. TLR @bjmatho
    10. PRT @Cooper
    11. BHR @KoAStR
    12. RZR @Cherno
    13. GRT @QC.
    14. PRT @ed40t
    15. JayJay

Division 2 -

14. TLR @Peter Wise
    15. HTO @skywalker
    16. BHR @Driftoz
    17. BHR @c4rLo5
    18. NLR @loris P.
    19. NLR @Doublevision
    20. RZR @vh_mik
    21. SAR @krunch
    22. PRT @Cyber_STIG_77
    23. SAR @Shampwho
    24. NLR @RobA
    25. GRT @gratulin
    26. HTO @Rolz
    27. PRT @Casper (when available)
    28. PRT Rover
    29. GRT Spita84

Teams:

The top 4 drivers from each team across both rooms will have their points collated and used in the AC Teams Championship. Points will be allocated to the top 15 place-getters as per above. All drivers will contribute to the Cross Platform Teams Championship.

I will start a private convo out the back for each team so you guys can discuss set ups, strategies, skins, etc. NB - Below is season 7 teams and captains, this will be updated once the final driver list has been confirmed.

The Turtle Beachers:
    Captain - Koastr
    Drivers - Driftoz, Krunch, QC, Rob A, Loris Prost, Rolz

The Hi-Tec Oilers:
    Captain - Cherno
    Drivers - Cooper, Casper, TheStig13, Pringles, Shampwho, Skywalker, Gratulin

The Pagnian Importinators:
    Captain - Tovey
    Drivers - Mael, Rotor, Carlos, BJmatho, Doublevision, Ed40t, Rover

The Gamesmen Men:
    Captain - Anon
    Drivers - Cyber, Zampli, Shaun A, Peter Wise, vh_mik, Sptia84

This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet.

If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please let me know and share your skin with us by 10pm on the Sunday night prior to round 1.

OK, there are gaps in this, so let me know what I'm missing.

See you on the black stuff boys!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
    loris P., c4rLo5, Cherno and 4 others like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Awesome :D. Are we using fixed setups again?
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

Can we pretty please have tire warmers? Otherwise I might take half the field out in the first lap :whistling:
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lets change the MC for sprint rounds to just overall highest MC raw value to reduce results calculation workload....

Round 6 and 7 details TBA?

I think as your post reads carry over ballast just keeps halving as per last couple of seasons. It's easier to calculate this way than if the carry over is zeroed at some stage and it doesn't have a large effect.
    E.g 1st followed by 2nd by 4th by 5th by 3rd

Preferred = 30kg by 30/2+20=35kg by 35/2=13kg by 13/2=7kg by 7/2+10=14. (rounding up to whole numbers).
    Vs = 30kg by 35kg by 20/2=10kg by 0kg by 10kg.

Teams may need some shuffling as TTB will be down by 3 with Daz, Pete, and Steve sitting out this season.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Anon666 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Can I jump onto the reserve list please? :D
    Anon666 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Anon666 isn't third meant to be 16pts? you have it listed as 15
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Looks good, should be fun with everyone back in the one room. So much fun with a big field of cars.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Anon666 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

im not going to be able to make next week, so that can't be a drop round? why?
    Anon666 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe the rule would better be served for new signups after round 1?
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It is due to the ballast system and the potential to create an unfair advantage, real or perceived.

Say for example Driver A would have likely placed had he attended round 1, then takes a win round 2 with no ballast against drivers B and C etc who did accumulate ballast in round 1.

Then say Driver B's drop round is the first round in which they competed and accumulated ballast. For how ever many points they loose from that drop they still took the whole weight penalty from that result into the next round. Not to mention the potential to question whether Driver A would have had the same result in round 2 had Drivers B and C been racing without ballast.

So allowing Driver A to use round 1 as a drop could give them an unfair advantage in the overall championship standing.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well in that case you shouldn't be able to use round 1 as a drop round regardless of whether you race or not. If a driver capable of placing in round 1 can't make it how is it any different to showing up and purposely placing 4th?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Given you don't participate in the AC league I am not sure why you're trolling this thread with your concerns... but never the less. o_O

You are correct, technically there is nothing to stop a driver doing that round 1 or any other round for that matter... but that applies to a number of scenario's (hacks, corner cuts, pitting etc) that can't all be reasonably policed so a certain level of maturity of conduct is expected and demonstrated amongst the competitors.

Also DNS any other round and your ballast will be unaffected waiting for you to race again. It can only be dropped on the track. This also sets a precedent for the round 1 rule.

Tanking any round to drop ballast is a risk no matter which way you look at it and one will almost always be better off aiming for the best result they can achieve each week irrespective of ballast, depsite the thrill of the challenge.. e.g. tanking round 1 would be a waste if you DNS another round due to unexpected circumstances, which is what the drop rule is really for.

Not to mention the mod team have been tuning the ballast system each season to ensure it is fair in compressing the field without putting a driver out of reach of being competitive, which is why is capped.

The past couple of season championship results attest to this, and it is the racing not the tables that we are all here for... isn't it?!
    Peter Wise, Cyber_STIG_77 and c4rLo5 like this.
  14. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    @Anon666 could we include the 4th and 5th placings in the ballast system ? 5kg for 4th and 3kg for 5th ? it might spread the ballast about a bit more and keep the front runners topped up :) i have spoken to KoAStR and he said it is easy for him to add it to the calculation.
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

I didn't realise logic was classified as trolling.

I'd assume you meant trawling?

Yes I don't participate in the AC league but given Hatfield pushed for AC's inclusion into the teams championship I try to keep up to date with what's happening in this thread. As information about drivers availability is a significant consideration for a team captain as to whether they rank one driver ahead of the other.

I'm really impressed with the ballast system implemented in the AC league and am looking forward to seeing first hand how it improves league racing once AC finally makes it to consoles later next month.

Like all things there is always room for improvement and I felt the inclusion of the new rule that drivers must race in round 1 in order to be able to use it as their drop round was a backward step. The rule has no merit. As you said a certain level of maturity of conduct is expected so I don't see why this trust couldn't be extended to include that all absent drivers had a genuine reason as to why they couldn't attend. As far as I can see this rule simply punishes those who cant attend round 1 for reasons out of their control which is the whole point of having a drop round in the first place.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I would have thought that encourageing people to participate in R1 is a good thing, it might seem a bit harsh for the few drivers that can't make R1 BUT it prevents all the drivers that DO participate in R1 being disadvantaged by the DNS's after all we should be rewarding participation ;)
    Regarding your previous comment about sandbagging to finish 4th or lower to prevent accumulating ballast in R1, if you show up to loose your missing the point! + I don't think anyone in there right mind would aim for a lower finishing position anyway.
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

It would be the same people that wouldn't make every effort to attend round 1 just so they could run no ballast for the next race. Given they are the ones your encouraging to participate it's a pointless rule. If someone has those intentions they'd be stupid not to attend regardless of the addition of the rule. Some points In round 1 and no ballast in round 2 is better than no points in round 1 and no ballast for round 2 irrespective of whether round 1 can count as a drop round.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    The point of the rule is so that everyone that does participate in R1 isn't disadvantaged by someone who doesn't compete in R1. If you don't understand this than that doesn't really matter because you aren't in the AC championship anyway. I'm not going to comment further on this.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    This has been carefully considered and discussed amongst the mods. We are open to discussion but criticism without proposing alternative solutions is not constructive.

Instead we could implement a ballast penalty for a DNS in round 1 and then allow it to be a drop. @zampli since it seems this will directly affect you this season, what would you consider ad the fairest option?
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Apologies for not making it clear but my solution was to simply drop the rule completely.

I've put some thought into an alternative and propose the following:
    A driver who doesn't attend round 1 shouldn't receive any ballast in the first round that they attend (Assume incapable of placing had they attended) but if they were to place they should receive 1.5 times the normal amount of ballast they would receive in the next round. Why 1.5? Well it's equivalent to placing in the same position in 2 consecutive rounds. This way the rule doesn't penalise those who wouldn't have placed in round 1 had they attended as if you were capable of placing in round 1 there would be no reason for you not to place in round 2 given you would have an advantage over those that did place in round 1. The application of 1.5 times ballast ensures that there is potential for there only to be an advantage in the first round that a driver attends and this advantage is not carried through the remainder of the season.
    KoAStR and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.