Season 8 - Better Late Than.... - Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 21, 2016.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rolz looking untouchable for Div 2 championship into final round leading the charge for another steady round in team points for TTB. But battle for the remaining podium spots is tight with Cyber, Carlos, and Krunch all in reach.

Final round for Div 1 championship will be interesting with Rotor closing on the lead but taking a heft ballast penalty after this weeks win, also cementing Pagnian's claim to 2nd in the teams champ after a tough week for HTO hampered by DNSs.

RaceResults#Assetto Corsa
    Ladder#Assetto Corsa
    [​IMG]
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Great racing tonight all!
    Had some awesome battles with a few drivers thats for sure! :D
    Q1 - was happy to almost match my PB and qualify in a good position... top 10 in a quality field is always a plus
    R1 - I really love these long races, but need to get used to them some more as I get serious brain fade or something and lost it a bit in the middle... my pit decision then suffered too and I lost even more spots. :sick: By about lap 20 I started to come good again and my times and positions improved.

The mental strain for almost 45min was brilliant... and the wrists quite sore too, love it :thumbsup:
    Thanks again! :D
    ed40t, Anon666, Mael and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ;)
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Agree with this, the last 5 laps was hard work! Was so hoping QC would run wide on that last lap ;)

I'm just glad I never have to drive that Maserati MC GT4 again, hated the no front end grip feel. The Fezza is much more to my liking and thankfully for team Pagnian Rotor's also!
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

lol, came soooooo close.... more than once :eek:, man those last few laps were intense. Pitted lap 18 and kept the hard on :confused:, gained 10 secs from our previous encounter but was losing at least a second per lap. Last lap... just wow, probably should have had me ;).

tbh, just happy I didn't end up facing a wall, or car, or screw my pit stop... forget race fuel :whistling:
    Cant wait for the final round...div 1, top 3 fight it out for podium spots... positions 4-13 still anyone's guess :D.
    ed40t, Anon666 and Rolz like this.
  6. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Ah, felt so good to get back behind the wheel and turn some laps. After not touching Assetto or my PC for about a month I had the itch to race.
    Last night I had no intention on winning the race or making the top three, my only intention was to finish the race and that I did. After an initial issue I was only able to start practicing from around 8:30, so not enough to really get a setup made, but I was able to get one that was quite stable and allowed me to learn the car throughout the race. Thanks to those who made mistakes in the race, I found myself in 5th and thought that was pretty good, but I had a hard charging Koaster coming at me and thanks to some ping issues, I lost concentration for a moment and let him by.

All in all I thought 6th was great for not touching the car until half an hour before things really got started. Looking forward to next week where I should be up the front challenging for the win.
    ed40t, Anon666 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    What the duece did you and Mael get up to?! :p:speechless:
    krunch likes this.
  8. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Thanks for the race fellas, was enjoyable and good to finally complete a race without any major mistakes. I was fighting against rotor and koastr most of the race, I was glad they where battling eachother because I knew I would be under fire from either of them if they got free. Unfortunate for koastr (not for me!) having those dramas pushing him back, when he has been fastest all week.
    I went into pits in the lead with about a 3 second buffer and came out like 8 or something seconds behind, so have to work out what I did wrong there haha.
    QC came out of pits a few laps later very close to me (looks like you had a good strategy mate) I had to push really hard to get infront before the first corner.
    The rest of the race I was just hoping rotor would make an error but he drove strong.

Congrats to everyone else but not sure what happened with my mate rover in Div2, another tough race for him. Looking forward to next week.
    Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers Ed yea I should have just ploughed on without repairing the aero might have been able to hold onto a top 3 spot, as was running in 2nd for a while. Oh well. Well done mate :thumbsup:
    ed40t likes this.
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

Not a lot of movement in the Qualifying Index, all down to the last race.

Next week's qualifying times will be adjusted to remove the long lap-time effect, especially since I'm going to be about 30 seconds behind the Aliens :D Hope to see you back @Cherno , the ring should be a happy hunting ground for you!

[​IMG]
    Cherno, ed40t and Rolz like this.
  11. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry I missed the race on Monday,was sick as a dog, sounds like it was a good one.

How is quali going to work for nords? It will take like 12 mins or something for 1 hotlap!
    Maybe we could do it at the tourist layout because there you don't need an outlap? or we could do quali on the nurburgring curcit?
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    8 mins is a hotlap. Quali of 30mins should give most a chance to get a lap in?
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah no official practice, it will all be qual. Then straight into the race.
    Rolz, Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.
  14. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

its 16 minutes for one hotlap if you include the outlap though so if you bugger it you probably will struggle to get one in if you need to do a second run. thats 32mins for two hot laps
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah plus if you clip the wall or anything on the first lap you'll loose easy 5-10secs on hotlap - will be tough however you look at it.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea good points. I was thinking outlap plus 2 chances to get a hot lap in but didnt think of a 2nd outlap. Maybe we can extend it to 45mins? Else we use stracker lap standing say closing Sunday night as prequali then just do the outlap parade in that order.

Also may need to bring the fuel rate down a smidge? It will be touch and go for any with lots of ballast or aero damage on one stop otherwise.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  17. Mael

Mael Professional

One stop lol, I'm going to have to stop every lap to fix damage.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Was toying with the idea of using stracker times, but could be a big disadvantage for people with less time to practice and given we have managed to stuff up the parade laps in the past... Anyway, happy to open up the room from 8.30 and have qual for 45 minutes or more and just kick the race off once everyone has had a fair shot at getting a qual lap in. @QC can you sort that and pull the fuel burn back by 10, don't want to make it too easy!?!?
    KoAStR, Peter Wise, Mael and 2 others like this.
  19. Casper

Casper Rookie

Sorry lads, not going to be on the grid this evening. All the best to HTO :thumbsup:
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I'll get on earlier thank normally do then. Not that it will make any difference as I will still qualify at the back of the grid