Season 9 Car Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 11, 2016.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I ran a race at Cape Ring South in spec Rockets in MWM and seemed to JUST get away with the gearbox limitations.
    Had a fantastic pursuit race, the non-existent tyre wear made it 30 minutes of pure qualifying laps, loved it.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I might be permanently ill if Laguna pops up next season...

I'm not really liking this trend of slow cars, after thrashing the 908 this season everything else seems pedestrian and insanely boring.
    TDZdave and grassies like this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I could see the rocket being fun, though it is also a car that is going to give the more experienced drivers an advantage, so close racing might not be the end result. I'd like to see a car that means you can't tell who is going to win from week to week, not the same 1 or 2 drivers driving off into the distance.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I have spent some time trying the rocket vs the xbow street. I used sports soft tyres. I prefer the xbow coz it requires a bit mroe controlling than the rocket. Even though it is 40 or so pp less i get faster lap times in the xbow. It has a much longer gearbox too. They are both cool to drive in cockpit view but the xbow wins again coz you can see more of the wheels and you get a rearview mirror.
    next i'll be trying bmw m3 gtr, and the senna car
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I noticed that the only the X-Bow Street can be painted and numbered. The R model can be numbered, but not painted. But since it's an open top car, we can substitute with helmet designs.
    incey likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Okay, tried the wsr and m3 gtr on sports softs. The M3 has some exciting handling characteristics but is not overly fun to drive, mainly i think due to the length in the gearbox. The wsr was pretty boring too, you have to get crazy to get it out of shape. I still like the xbow out of the four i've tested now. It does have a liftoff oversteer issue that keeps things interesting but once you know why it happens its pretty easy to manage. and the cockpit view is excellent:)
    the only other car really mentioned has been the suzuki and i didn't really enjoy it, also we must be due for a street car after two race car seasons....or a track day car anyway!
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I thik we used that in season 10 of GT5, it was top car.:thumbsup:
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    6.2L V8 in the SLS AMG GT3 '11 makes for a good fun car even when running bumper to bumper.
    Does similar times around Bathurst compared to real V8SC too.
    598BHP/70kgfm vs 599BHP/63.6kgfm for the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    skywalker likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I still think a Ferrari is a glaring omission from that list. I was trying out the GTO 84 stock on SS tyres, has good turn in and manageable rear end. X-bow might be more fun.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The VW scirocco GT24 '08 was really good fun at the no prac night
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm surprised to see a lack of attention to the Honda HSV GT500! Probably the most balanced and neutral race car in the game, it never fails to produce white knuckle racing. A GT500 hasn't been used since 2012 for sunday league and really, it's the quintessential car for league racing, as it is a car anyone can hop in and drive fast in, unlike the 908 which can prove troublesome.
    [​IMG]
    TDZdave, steezymilo, seth123 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It is quite easy to jump in and drive. I struggle with throttle control but I find this a good fast fun car
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #nicohitme #elderlyfan #totonator #blessed
  15. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Honda HSV GT500 is fantastic stock using sport soft tyres.
    before you bag it you should try it.
    you have to use throttle control for the corners and a good car for a lot of tracks and that would make close racing.

Also good with no abs
    Ninja2 and seth123 like this.
  16. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I think the BMW ISSETTA is a perfect choice. You can start the race, make a sandwich, come back and start your entry to turn 1 - the handling is neutral....as it feels like you are in neutral for the whole lap. The racing will be close - as everyone will fall asleep at the wheel. Tyre wear will be great as the tyres will immediately cool down after the start.......vote 1 ISSETTA......( had to bring some contrast to the thread...lol).
    skywalker, incey and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i don't support it for the next sunday league because my races in it for the HTO series were a disaster. That probably wasn't the car's fault but the :):):):) sticks. I rocked the vdub Hat mentioned in the random night so I'll lean towards that instead.
    All my preferences so far are street cars so if it was to be a race car for the season it would be a hard choice between this and the SLS. The SLS sounds SO much better though...
  18. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    My main issue with the SLS is that I don't want to drive it right after the MINT series, as that would mean driving it for over three months straight.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF