Season 9 (GT6) & Season 3 (PCars) Cross Platform Teams Championship

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Just a brief outline on the Teams Championship
    All drivers signed up to race in the new season can be bid on by the 8 Team Captains in a behind the scenes process which will see them signed to one of the 8 teams.
    The entire process is completed prior to season start.
    This determines the teams for the upcoming season and points accumulated by the drivers goes towards the teams championship (like constructors champ in F1 for example)
    Teammates can help each other out with driving tips, strategy etc. Like a bunch of little communities in our big community :) I find it brings along some more healthy competition while still endeavouring to help out anyone who needs it.

Budgets & Rules

Budgets:
    SAR $330
    BHR $340
    HTO $350
    PRT $360
    GRT $370
    NLR $380
    TLR $390
    RZR $400

Captains can have any number of drivers on their team but only the highest 7 will score points for their team each round (which caters for absentees)
    They must have a minimum of 9 drivers on their team. (including Captain unless Captain isn't racing)
    Drivers have no say in their team selection. (but they may refuse to be part of the Teams Championship entirely)
    The minimum increment bid for a driver is $10.
    Drivers retain their price halved (rounding up) as a minimum bid from the previous season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will be assigned a team after completing one round of the Season.
    Unsigned drivers at the end of the bidding process will have their minimum price reduced back to $10.
    Each Captain will submit a bid in a private conversation with myself which must contain bids on drivers to meet the minimum team count.
    No more than 2 bids may be for drivers in the same division.
    The highest bid for each driver will succeed and any failed bids will be returned for the Captain to be able to rebid on different drivers.
    In the interest of having each team represented in each division, each team must attempt to have a driver from each division signed for next season. (including Captain)
    Captains will be unable to bid on a third driver in any division until they have 1 signing from each division (unless all of a divisions drivers have been allocated)
    Only drivers who have indicated their interest in the Entry List Threads or been placed into a division thread may have bids placed on them
    Drivers who join mid-season and indicate interest in joining the Teams Championship will be assigned to the lowest overall team (before joker calculations)
    In the instance a team has a DNS counted as one of their scorers for a round, they will replace the 0 points with the lowest points scored for another team. (this scales if there are 2 DNS, then they get the lowest score and 2nd lowest score)

Joker Card:
    Each Captain has a Joker Card they can play before each round whereby they nominate one driver on their team to score double points for their team that round.
    The Captain may nominate 2 reserve jokers also, whereby if their first pick did not start, was disconnected, receives a penalty, or was lag punted, the reserve driver may take the joker.
    If a card is not played or played late then the lowest point scorer for a team becomes the joker. (but this joker cannot outscore the lowest scoring joker of all other teams for that round)
    A driver can only be nominated for a total of 2 rounds in the Season. (Captains may nominate themselves for 1 round only)
    Deadline for Joker Card nomination is 8pm Sunday on the same day as the round.
    Captains should nominate their joker through PM to @Hatfield
    If a driver nominated does not partake in the subsequent round, that round will not count in their total rounds of nomination.

Unchallenged Driver Retention
    Each Captain may retain three of their drivers at their current cost (minimum $20) automatically without any bidding or challenges from any other Captains
    Drivers obtained in the bonus bidding round, or randomly allocated mid-season may not be automatically retained
    Drivers cannot be automatically retained two seasons in a row

Challenged Driver Retention
    Each driver can be retained by their team at their current cost (minimum $20).
    Other captains may bid for a driver up for retention, but if the retaining captain matches the bid they will sign the driver

Drop Round
    At the end of the season, each team will drop their round which had the lowest point score
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    All our Captains from last season will continue this season except for @Nathancarhead who will be handing it over.

So I would like to introduce the Captain of Turn Left Racing for the upcoming season, @v8power383 !
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    may I ask why? if it is due to not being able to make every round, then please reconsider. Every team has more than the number of drivers who score each week to account for things like that.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

C'mon mate i'll still buy you even if you only show up once.
    steezymilo and arakasi- like this.
  10. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    That is the reason, but.....OK, I'm in:)
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hatfield likes this.
  12. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Against my better judgement I will give it another crack. So long as anyone who is silly enough to put me in their team knows I will be unavailable at least 2 weeks out of every 8 weeks due to my work roster.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 and Hatfield like this.
  13. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Blindman is ready to join a team . May the force feedback be with you .
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  14. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    #Driver4Hire
    SPL Racing likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    *sets aside $5 from budget*
  16. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Pick me at your peril. I could get lag punted off the pitch!!
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    When can we expect to start seeing drivers getting signed? :coffee:
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    once divisions are closer to being set in stone
  19. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Im hoping to be that kid in primary school who gets picked last but finishes first :)

Or could go tits up and finish last lol
    Stay tuned haha
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry guys, my photobucket seems to be broken so all the OP images of the liveries are gone. Working on a fix now.