Season 9: Race On...RaceOnOz!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

RaceOnOz Season 9 is kicking off this Monday night the 17th of October. We are heading into a long 7 race series using the Mazda MX-5 Cup and our usual variety of tracks. As with last season we will have a prize draw at the end of the season provided by one of our great sponsors - info here. The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEDT and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes.

We will be running 2 rooms thanks to the guru that is QC and sticking to 2 divisions. There will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons. An added bonus is that everyone who enters also will be placed in one of the Raceonoz.com Teams - so you will be part of main team championship run across AC, GT6 and PCars.

For those who are new to our events please provide your Steam GUID when you sign up, and it would be helpful to send me a FR on steam - anon_666.

Race Schedule:
    Tracks can be found below.

Round 1.
    17/10/2016 - Magione (Extra pit-boxes)
    30 Laps. Fuel burn @ 300%
    Tyre wear @ 150%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 27, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 30.

Round 2.
    24/10/2016 - Mugello
    20 Laps. Fuel burn @ 200%
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 27, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 25.

Round 3.
    31/10/2016 - Brands Indy Sprint Round: 2 x 25 Laps . Fuel burn @ 100%
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 50.

Round 4.
    07/11/2016 - VIR (North)
    27 Laps. Fuel burn @ 200%
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 20.

Round 5.
    14/11/16 - Baskerville Raceway (Sprint Round)
    20 Laps x 2. Fuel burn @ 100%
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 98, Random = 1, Transfer = 80, LTI = 10.

Round 6.
    21/10/16 - Barbagallo Raceway
    43 Laps. Fuel burn 200%
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 20.

Round 7.
    28/10/2016 - Zandvoort (Enduro)
    40 Laps. Fuel burn @ 220%
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 30.

Each race (bar the 2 sprint rounds) will have a compulsory pit stop unless specifically stated.

The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per below:
    1st-25; 2nd-20; 3rd-16; 4th-13; 5th-11; 6th-10; 7th-9; 8th-8; 9th-7...15th-1.
    This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=27 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total. In the case that this is the first round of the season, then any ballast earned in round 2 by finishing in the top 5 will be multiplied by 1.5. This means a first place will see you earn 45kg rather than 30kg.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual session for the first race, and a hot lap qual for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Success Ballast System:

We have experimented with a success ballast system and is continues to be shaped as each season goes on. We are running a slightly modified version this season, but as always we are hoping to keep the racing close.

Here is the system for this season and it will be used across both divisions:

First = 30kg
    Second = 20kg
    Third = 10 kg
    Fourth = 5 kg
    Fifth = 3 kg

The maximum ballast any driver can carry is 45kg. Your penalty is carried over, but is halved in every subsequent race. Eg - Finish 2nd, carry 20kg into the next race. Then finish 3rd, carry 20kg into the next race. And so on. You must attend the race to have your ballast halved, which means if you miss a round your ballast will be sitting there waiting in the back of your rocket the next time you race.

Drivers: (listed with cross platform team prefix)

Division 1
    1. BHR @@Pringles_947
    2. TLR @@Rolz
    3. SAR @@R0T0R-AU86
    4. HTO @@Mael
    5. SAR @@Tovey_4saken
    6. PRT @@JayJAY
    7. PRT @@ed40t
    8. RZR @@Cherno
    9. RZR @@Shaun_A
    10. NLR @@Steve Crossland
    11. PRT @@glynn
    12. BHR @@KoAStR
    13. GRT @@Anon666
    14. PRT @@bjmatho
    15. TLR @@QC.
    Division 2
    1. HTO @@Peter Wise
    2. RZR @@vh_mik
    3. SAR @@Bruce "Flattop" Rook
    4. NLR @@Doublevision
    5. BHR @@c4rLo5
    6. BHR @@Driftoz
    7. PRT @@Cyber_STIG_77
    8. SAR @@tezpez85 / terry rayton
    9. GRT @@skywalker
    10. SAR @@krunch
    11. TLR@@kambo1987
    12. TLR @@Ben787
    13. HTO @@spita84
    14. TLR @@loris P.
    15. NLR @@Rover
    16. HTO @@Pete
    17. PRT @@BassProstimo / iwouldsmash

Teams:

The top 5 drivers from each team across both rooms will have their points collated and used in the AC Teams Championship. Points will be allocated to the top 15 place-getters as per above. All drivers will contribute to the Cross Platform Teams Championship.

I will start a private convo out the back for each team so you guys can discuss set ups, strategies, skins, etc. NB - Below is season 7 teams and captains, this will be updated once the final driver list has been confirmed.

NB: Teams need to be tidied up when Anon has 5 minutes. No need to make me aware of the errors...

The Turtle Beachers:
    Captain - Koastr
    Drivers - Loris, Krunch, Pete C, QC., Driftoz, Rolz, Steve Crossland

The Hi-Tec Oilers:
    Captain - Cherno
    Drivers - Terry Rayton, Pringles, Skywalker, Bruce Rook, Glynn, BrassProstimo, kambo1987

The Pagnian Importinators:
    Captain - Tovey
    Drivers - Mael, Rotor, Carlos, BJmatho, Doublevision, Ed40t, Rover

The Gamesmen Men:
    Captain - Anon
    Drivers - Cyber, Spita84, Peter Wise, VH_Mik, JayJay, Shaun A, , Ben787

This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet.

If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please let me know and share your skin with us by 10pm on the Sunday night prior to round 1.

OK, there are gaps in this, so let me know what I'm missing.

See you on the black stuff boys!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Got my rift today, it's amazing! :D
    But I have to learn to drive again... :eek:
    krunch, skywalker, R0T0R-AU86 and 5 others like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Assume steve and Pete are in TTB again and added them to the TTB private chat
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I'm glad to see alot of lads getting on the VR train! :D I told you so its awesome! ;)
    Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Should use the skins from season 7, for now at least.
    Most of use should have them already. For those that don't here's a pack for all teams:
    KS_Mazda_MX5_Cup_skins.zip
    skywalker likes this.
  6. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Cooper, Casper, TheStig13, Skywalker, Gratulin
    arent running this season according to the server lists. so we have only me, pringles and skywalker in HTO this season.maybe teams need a re-shuffle?
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I will be when I can, just got back into the country after being away with work. I do plan to race tonight though, hopefully with the mx5 it'll be easy enough to be on pace :)
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

sorry i meant shampwho.
    skywalker likes this.
  9. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Wast do you do for a living mate?
    Rover will also miss this race, he is at work.
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Just started new job, doing pre / post sales for cellular and public safety coverage. But have been in the telco industry working mainly on the operators networks for a tad over 10 years now.
    ed40t likes this.
  11. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Sucks to say that I won't be able to make it tonight or next week. Have my uni exams to complete and prepare for. :(:(
    Will see you guys in about a fortnight.
    Cheers,
    Shaun
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Anon666 like this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah I haven't sorted the teams fully yet Cherno, been getting smashed in RL. Will have it done by next week. Looking forward to smashing my shifter for 30 straight laps tonight though, should be kinda cathartic.
    Cherno likes this.
  13. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

lots of gear changes tonight! hope we all have done our arm and leg stretches!
    skywalker and Rolz like this.
  14. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

is there a seperate discord chat for div 2?
  15. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

i wont be doing any races this season :(
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No good Jay. Hope you can get back in the game soon.
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow what a race... to watch at least. :roflmao: Had the box seat from 3rd to watch Cherno and Ed have an awesome battle. WD guys great racing. Bad luck Ed. Not much action for me.

I was grossly under prepared just snuck in a few laps Sunday night but weekend was hectic so was already knackered by then. Followed by shifter issues in official prac... got the soldering iron and contact cleaner out but had to revert to paddles in the end... 2nd kept popping into neutral. Was a steep learning curve using paddles and clutch.

Slowly found some pace during the race session, and was stoked to get a few 22s.. but it was too late and the front boys drove too consistently for me to close the gap by then.... but for Ed running out of fuel final lap! :whistling:
    Anon666, Cherno and ed40t like this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

If you are that fast being under prepared i think we should make it a rule that you must stay under prepared each round. haha
    I thought I wasn't going to make it to lap 15 so pitted on lap 14. I should have gone another lap, so i decided to not change tyres to give me half a chance, I also tried fuel saving changing gears early and other methods, almost made it with 2 corners to go. Spewin' about the end but I had that much fun racing Cherno it didn't matter if I blew the win. I was hoping he would make a little mistake and give me some breathing space but it was not to be. Worked pretty hard there, very hard to keep concentration.

Good racing all round from everyone looking forward to next week.