Season 9: Race On...RaceOnOz!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey boys sorry for pulling the pin early but I just ran outta heart in tank :oops:. 17 out of 40 laps down and already 10pm and sweating up a storm.
    Thanks for the racing again :)
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic finish to the season, battles the whole way. Chasing cherno got passed in the pits end lap 15 presumably with a splash less fuel (no tyres). Then pringles reeled me in and had good battle there until I pitted end lap 25.

Took fuel and tyres and thought maybe I had made a huge mistake when after about lap 27 pringles was still about 15s ahead! Had a nice wee battle with Anon on the way to catching Cherno. That was my goal for the race.:p We had another epic battle going side by side all the way around the fast sweeper. Once I got passed manage to put a bit of distance behind me but pringles was still over 5s ahead with about as many laps to go. Got passed on the last lap! Epic.

The racing tonight and all season was all class, best season :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Casper likes this.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic close finish to the teams championship (yeew TTB) and some new championship podium winners WD Ed, Double and Krunch there.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I had a really fun race! During practise i realised I had a bit of pace for tonight but didn't expect to qualify on the front row. I knew that Cherno and Koaster were fighting for the championship tonight and so starting in between them I was a bit nervous...just lit up the rears and ran into the wall going through the kink before the second hairpin =[ I put my head down and slotted into the pack pretty quick and made some passes and before i knew it found myself behind Koaster and Cherno again. I tried the undercut for the first stop and put in a few good laps before they came in so i could try and get passed without battling them. That didn't work quite as well as I had hoped and they came out just in front of me. I could see ithat I had the pace to fight for the win so i pushed to try and overtake them. I was able to pass Cherno into turn 1 then tried to go for the lead after that. I had a couple of goes on Koaster at turn 1 and around sweepers towards the chicane but he defended well. I went for a longer stint to try and put some good clean laps in and didn't get fresh tyres to make sure I got track position. I came out well ahead and knew i just had to stay consistent to hold out for the win. Easier said then done with fading tyres and I just watched the gap between me and the others close up. I tried to defend hard from Koaster as he caught up to me on the second last lap, but he overtook me going into the first corner. I tried to put as much last minute pressure as I could on him but was happy to finish 2nd!

Good Racing! I had a fun season and I look forward to the next one :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

Great final race of the season.

On the grid looking at the names I knew I was on trouble. Rotor, Koaster, Anon, QC Tovey to name just a few, none of which I had any hope of beating :notworthy: . What followed was 39 laps almost all of which was faster than my qualifying lap with just one tiny mistake in T1 when Anon surprised me by exiting the pits before I've even gone in.

Then lap 40 with a small gap to Tovey I decided to go a bit slower and safer only to spin coming out of T4. Gutted :cry:. At least QC was sympathetic, he's creative lines through the chicane was not so quick.

Congrads to Koaster for the div 1championship and @Doublevision for div 2 championship, welcome to div 1 Double :)
    Anon666, Doublevision, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Had hoped to be mixing it up the front, but my lap 1 incidents (totally my fault) put an end to that. Around 25 secs down at start of lap 2 and lots of car damage I just tried to pick up what places I could. Although pushing hard, I spun and lost more time (was over 40sec down). Fortunately the damage didnt effect it too much (more psychological than anything I rekon) and was holding the gap to the leader.

I didn't take any tyres and made up a few spots on the first stop and also 2nd. I came out just ahead of Pete who did get fresh rubber. Initially I wasn't going to fight, but the move into T1 he stayed quite tight allowing me to slingshot around the outside and get back in front. Couple laps later the same happened. I thought, maybe I might be able to hold him until the end! But after 10 laps of holding him up, eventually Pete got past. Yet the next lap he went off on T1! I got along side, but was never going to work into the chicane so pulled out.

Credit to Pete for racing so close for so many laps. I had fun (which is what its all about!), after such a horrible start.

Well done to the boys up front. Very consistent all season. Also, a shout out to the Oilers, next season boys!
  10. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Was tired from the start, but i hang around to gain 2 spots thanks to 2 leaving, lol. very lonely race, 3 laps down, come on past the inside was a repetitive call. i was a good 3 sec faster in practice early in the week but just couldnt find that line again. Really just felt like pulling into the pits but you never know some 1 else might stuff up and i can gain a spot in a few laps times, lol. i felt sorry for Copper, dont think he would be used to a race like that, he seemed to have the same race i had just further up the track. might have to recruit some new guys that are as bad as me, so i can enjoy my racing, lol. Congrates to Double for the win and championship.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Didn't get a bad start and managed to avoid a couple of incidents on the 1st lap to gain a couple of extra spots. Got turned around on lap 2 by S54ved (thanks for redressing) which put us both dead last and way behind the rest of the field.
    I had fun trying to stay in front of S54ved but knew he would pass me eventually as he was quicker.
    After that I was basically hot lapping for the rest of the race. Still had fun and really enjoyed the season.

Thanks to all involved in organising this season (your all awesome) and everyone for turning up to race as I had some good battles.

Well done to Doublevision and Koastr on winning their Div championships and to everyone who got a podium.

TGM will reign supreme next season :p
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

What a great way to finish the season! I had a really enjoyable race where I kept myself in championship contention right up to the last few laps. My practice pace was OK but I hadn't expected to snag pole position, so I was very happy to grab that.

My start was good but not as good as @Doublevision who pulled up alongside into T1 (I wish pole was on the INSIDE dammit!). Being the 1st lap of 40 I was inclined to let him ease through, but then I stuck to his bumper like chewy to a school desk and made him sweat for a lap. However early in lap 2 as we exited T4 some of that sweat must have leaked out onto the track because my Mazda's rear end stepped out massively, and for a tiny screaming moment I thought my race and championship was about to end in an @Anon666 show-reel worthy, "multi-flip-mega-smash" (©2016) along the guardrail! But my panic was no match for my reflexes and I caught the errant slide, put my heart back into my chest and carried on. :oops:

By now though I'd lost a few metres to Doublevision and the pressure was off him. He duly started taking off into the distance lap after lap :)alien:) while the guys behind started to gain on me. That's when I realised my race pace just wasn't going to cut it and I'd have to rely on voodoo magic, Russian hackers or both to win! Not having expertise in either of those things I decided to just try and BE FASTER (don't really have expertise in that either to be honest).

It wasn't working. On Lap 4 @c4rLo5 sliced past me into T1 pushing me back to 3rd. I managed to stay with him for several laps like a fly on a sheep's bum, until I annoyed him so much he went looking for a shearing shed outside T1 and lost a few positions.

I was back in 2nd but my "BE FASTER" strategy still hadn't kicked in and now @spita84 was the fly annoying me! I managed to hold him off until I took my first pitstop on lap 14. I didn't take tyres at the first stop so I managed to jump DV in the pits. Spita the wily bugger stayed out for 2 more laps and managed an 'overcut', coming out just in front of me into T1.

So we were 1st and 2nd at this point and our pace was pretty much identical. But then on lap 21 an unfortunate event occured with @David Brister which took Spita out, :unsure: and I was very lucky to scrape through unscathed to take the lead. That's when I decided to switch to the "BE LUCKY" strategy. :thumbsup: yeah that might work.

But what's this? @Cyber_STIG_77 was there to grab 2nd from Spita? o_O oh no - where'd he come from?? From a boiling cauldron of "FIGHTBACK POTION" that's where! And he also had a "BE FASTER" strategy that appeared to be actually working! :ninja: How could my "BE LUCKY" strategy have a chance against that?

To win the championship I needed to win the race and have Doublevision finish third or worse. To come 2nd I needed to stay in front of Cyber. OK so far that was the case but with my failed "BE FASTER" strat I wasn't far enough in front of either of them. I had to try something shocking - I had to rely on old rubber (OK its not what you are thinking gutter minds)! I decided to keep my worn tyres at the next stop and only take fuel. :eek:

And it nearly worked. I held the lead till lap 34 before an unstoppable Doublevision caught and passed me :alien:. Damn! I was now fighting for P2 in both the race and the championship. I had to keep Cyber behind me :unsure: .

And I nearly did. He caught and passed me on fresher rubber at the start of lap 39. Double damn! :poop: I just didn't have enough grip to fight. Behind me now was "I haven't seen you for ages" Spita! He had tried the same shameless attempt at grabbing track position as I had and pretty much suffered the same fate.

So I crossed the line in 3rd barely 6 seconds from the lead. Mind you it was still bloody awesome to finish on the podium :). I was very happy not to make any major mistakes in such a long race but in the end I didn't quite have the pace to hold onto the lead or 2nd. Well done Doublevision for winning the race and deservedly taking the Championship, and to Cyber for a big fight back to claim P2 in both the race and the championship as well. I'm stoked to take 3rd in the championship!

Congratulations to @KoAStR for the div 1 championship (way to go Cap'n!) and to @Cherno & @ed40t for the podium.
    Massive congratulations to THE TURTLE BEACHERS for taking out the Teams Championship yet again! Was really close this time. For those in the losing teams... bwahahahaha :roflmao:

I had some great battles during this season with both div 1 and div 2 drivers and I have to say I enjoyed both combined and split room rounds. I've raced 8 seasons now with ROOZ and this would have to be one of the best seasons yet.

Catch (and pass) you all in a Porsche real soon! :thumbsup:
    Anon666, c4rLo5, Cherno and 6 others like this.
  13. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

How did i take Spita out? i wasnt aware of that 1 sorry. was that up over the hill when i stayed wide to the left to let the fast guys by and dropped a wheel causing my car to spin 360?
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Award for best write up of the season right there. Nice mate.:cool:
    krunch, c4rLo5, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  15. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Cant get enough of these post race write ups:thumbsup:
    krunch likes this.
  16. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Talk about a race for the ages! With the championship title up for contention it was always going to be a good one and with the enduro aspect there were all sorts of viable strategies being used which meant speed wasn't the only factor.

For qualifying Krunch pipped me for pole but lucky for me during the start I had the inside line and so was able to quickly take the lead. Krunch put the pressure on during the opening laps but I was able to open the gap as I felt comfortable going a bit faster. Come first pit time I had opted to go for tyres early which I'm still not sure was a great move or not as during the following lap Loris had just come out of the pits in front of me and I was overly aggressive trying to overtake him. This resulted in contact and him spinning out. I redressed immediately but we both lost a bunch of time and now C4rLo5 was hot on our heels. The following lap I was able to get past Loris safely and start hunting down the leading pack.

Putting in lap after lap of consistent pace saw me chipping away at the leaders and I knew that with a quick pit I would be in the lead again. Time for pit number two, I saw krunch pulling into the pits in front and while I was refuelling he left before me and in the following lap spita was also in front! How could this be! Did they go for the no tyre strategy or did they have that much of a lead on me? With no time to think I was back on the track bewildered and thinking that I needed to do all I could to pass two cars on the last 10 laps without making any mistakes for any chance of a win. After a couple laps tailing Spita I had slipped past him on the back straight clenching as I leaned on the brakes. Now was the time to chase down Krunch. After 3 laps I was taking massive chunks of time off him and realised he must be running old tyres, I admire the bold move Krunch! Down the back straight I took a cheeky look on the inside but decided it was too much risk to perform a divebomb so I did my best to get as much speed as I could coming out of T1. It worked! Side by side we were drag racing to make it to the next corner, with careful maneuver I was able to slip past him. After the pass I was able to extend my lead for a few laps to ensure Cyber77 who I saw gaining on me quickly wasn't able to overtake with his fresh tyres. The last couple of laps my adrenaline was pumping hard and I couldn't stop pushing to go fast and almost lost it having a massive slide on one of the hairpins!

Crossing the finish line was such a massive relief after such a mega battle with lead changes strategy battles going on for an hour and a half never knowing what would happen at the end! Such an amazing season with top tier competition in Div2, we're very lucky to have such sportsmen within our ranks fighting tooth and nail to the very end! I'd like to say thank you to the organisers and server hosts for this championship, without you we wouldn't be here participating in such an organised and well thought out event. I'd also like to say big thank you to my Girlfriend, for supporting me through practice sessions and races alike.

Congratulations to Cyber77 for 2nd and Krunch in 3rd, you guys have been incredible competition, constantly battling and pushing throughout the season. Big congratulations to KoAStR for taking out the Div1 championship, now there's an alien:alien:!

Looking forward to the next season where I may try my hand in Div1, and hopefully in porsches!;)
    Anon666, krunch, c4rLo5 and 4 others like this.
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    That was a seriously epic race...

Disappointed i couldn't finish, I obviously failed maths in class... running out of fuel half way through the lap of the last lap holding off and fighting switching places with @Shaun_A for 17 or more laps....

Deadset one of the most enjoying and toughest races I have ever done... period...

Thanks again @Shaun_A for keeping it so clean!! ;)
    Anon666, Shaun_A and skywalker like this.
  18. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Awesome race, lots and lots of fun. Congrats to Double and Koastr for the champ wins.
    Just wanna say a big thank you to all the guys involved in making these races happen because if it wasn't for you guys we would all be in public lobbies playing smash up derbies!!

Look forward to next season!
  19. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I know it was unintentional mate and probably partly my fault. I could see what was going to happen but didnt want to enter that corner on the inside cause i had krunch and cyber breathing down my neck and ended up too close to you.
    All good.

For some reason my obs didnt record the audio
    David Brister and Anon666 like this.
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Totally agree, thanks admin and QC with setting up the servers (and taking them down so they dont play up race night :thumbsup:).
    Anon666, krunch and Peter Wise like this.