Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I'm still feeling unwell. :sick: Not sure if I can make it tonight. :(
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    where is everyone?
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Kinda glad the season is over.
    Not enjoying wrecking my hands not being able to fight for anything
    Congrats to whoever wins this championship
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That would be jono. seth got taken out because rooz doesn't know what racing is. *indicates profile picture*
    Toranafan-02 likes this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

y'all need a holiday!! congrats jono
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well done to the podium tonight, good race.
    Even though I didn't start at the beginning of the season I still wanted to see it through to the end - prob personal satisfaction as this was my first ever league.
    Thanks to all for racing with me and congrats to the top finishers.
    Thanks to Jono for organising and maintaining a pro outlook on everything.
    Last of all - seeing as lthough I'm always at the back of the pack everybody should thank me for allowing you to pass me for this season.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P11 - Well apparently loading your custom setup in means give me the default low downforce option. Either something bugged or I was an idiot and pressed the wrong buttons (will review my replay to find out). I didn’t notice anything wrong during my out lap as I was coasting a bit, but once my hot lap started and I couldn’t pull it up into turn 1 and then massive oversteer through turn 3 I was sure something was up - did my best to finish my qual lap but only good enough for P11 then dived back into the pits to see what I could do about it. With not enough time left for another run on US, all I could do was give it a bit more front wing and adjust the brake balance (damn parc ferme rules!) - so I was running 4F/2R downforce for the race and default brake pressure - awesome I thought, I considered bailing out but thought id have a run anyway and hopefully battle around the middle pack.

Race: P5 - Got off the line really well and pulled up alongside Hat who started ahead of me but had to pull back a bit as everyone swamped into turn 1 ahead. I had started on the US tyres (as being outside the top 10 I could change tyres) so was able to make up a few spots in the first stint, plus having low downforce I could eat up other cars down the long straight. I was able to adapt to the low downforce and crap brakes fairly well and came in from P5 I think on Lap 6 for SS. Out on SS I was just trying to set this stint up for a final run home on the Softs, it was fairly uneventful from memory. Pitted for my last stint on Softs and came out in P8 but eyeing off somewhere around P5 as my goal. The lead group pitted later and came out ahead of me, except Benny who came from behind and pursued me for a lap or two before finding a way passed on fresher SS tyres. The last few laps were pretty lonely, Benny had pulled a gap in pursuit of the podium about 10 secs ahead and a 13 sec gap behind so I cruised home. I had a 3 sec off track penalty in tow so I just needed to keep over 3 secs gap behind. Pretty happy with a P5 finish considering where I started and the curve ball I was thrown for the race.

Season recap to come later.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    warrior2167, JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Qualified in 6th which was an average lap. i could have been a few tenths quicker but balls up the final sector.
    Start of the race went well and i was able to work my way into 4th however the aim for me was watching @Knuckles every move as we were only 2 points apart in the battle for 7th in the championship. I knew straight away it would be likely he would be running a 3 stop race whilst i opted for a 2 stop to gain track position. My pace throughout most of the race was good but not quite good enough to contend for a victory. On the first stop i took a risk and went to another set of SS to try and gain time i'd lost at the end of the first stint. This worked (sort of) but once the tyres wore off i ran a similar pace to Razor, Jono and Seth on their fresher softs. Second stop was a disaster. @Bryan_F had come into the pit lane around 30 seconds before i made my stop and yet the crew decided they still weren't ready to change the tyres on my car costing me crucial seconds.

In this mess though i had jumped Seth who was on the SS compared to my S and was all over me. I know Seth is probably pissed off right now but i have to say going side by side through that triple right hander without contact is something i haven't seen before let alone done myself so massive respect for that. I ended up backing out and sure enough Seth was going off into the distance. However this wasn't a bad thing. I just had that feeling it would go sour really quickly and unfortunately it did. Seth was turned around at the end of the 1st DRS zone however had fallen so far back i wasn't able to gain position. Then noticing the huge amounts of understeer through the next sector made it obvious he was wounded. I ended up getting past in the final sector before he inevitably came in and shortly after would retire.

The one person i didn't consider as a factor was Benny who was flying on new SS doing mid 41s while i was doing 43s. I knew i was in trouble and for even more pressure i knew finishing 3rd or above would secure me 6th in the championship presuming Knuckles didn't beat me. So i wasn't giving up without a fight. Unfortunately that ended bad as well as we made contact in the same area as Seth had gone off i did leave heaps of room so i don't think it's protest worthy. I'll go over the video tomorrow.

So that was that ended up 3rd for my 5th podium for the series and finished 6th in the Championship mainly thanks to some no shows but i'll take it anyway. I have to say a big congratulations to @JonoStan96 for winning the championship adding to his already successful sim racing career. And commiserations to @seth123 for what happened tonight hopefully i'll get to battle you again at some point like we did tonight. Also a shoutout to @Knuckles who always seemed to be battling me one way or another either on GT6 ROC or here.

And now i have some decisions to make. Hopefully this year i'll be studying some courses. I'm also doing several race meetings this year including my first big international race later on in the year which i trying my best to prepare for. In short i'm not 100% sure on S2 yet but i'll see if i can make schedules fit in. I just want to say thank you to everyone expect Benjamin :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: (just kidding) for being a part of the series its been a pleasure racing with you all and i'll see you out on the track soon. :thumbsup:

EDIT - I also forgot to thank @Bryan_F for being a great teammate it was great racing with you again mate
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I suggest you keep childish comments to yourself @Viperzed before spewing crap about racing on the forums.
    Here's my dodgy lap which will see me earn 2 penalty points. PP's carry over through seasons so it's not irrelevant. There will be a review of penalties in the off season.
    Very exhausted so I'll post my video and review tomorrow, for now I'm just going to let it soak in. Commiserations to @seth123, we battled hard all season long and in the end it was a shame it ended they way it did.
    warrior2167, razor4797 and Bounty05 like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @JonoStan96
    Game chewed us up and spat us out a lot. What can ya do am happy with the wins I scored and what not, going to miss driving the Mercedes a bit kinda grew on me wish I could have scored more wins but the game wasn't as willing as I was,

Well Done on the title.

I am not sure what happened during my race game was :):):):)ting itself a little with connection, can't remember it being this bad during the opening leg costing me 2 wings following Jono, I doubt it will be sorted either since these games complete then bang to the next one, have to see how it goes as is the games kinda ugly right now.

Hoping to see some actual penalties next season, can't complain too much as the first seasons always really a BETA.

The main times I managed to catch a break during the season I grabbed a nice win, otherwise its just memories of stuff not worth remembering. I am not sure if I am happy to have continued from Monza, Can't say I could have done anything better on a Thursday which sorted a racing fix, Series helped me pass time which I will now be an adult in less than 24 hours so whose coming clubbing?

It will hurt to do a recap through the season,

the races that kept me going and had to be my favourite drive of the season would come down to Silverstone mixed emotions knowing I bottled the race twice through strategy mistakes which screwed my lead up with a mandatory tyre confusion, getting luck on my side the racing 'Gods'that let there be a SC which let me grab the needed tyre and not drop down a position, held the lead until the end resuming of a SC with 2 laps to go, having crashed three times that race and to win from pole was pretty cool coming back on pure pace without SC assistance. Monaco was also a great one having a stack lap 1 dropping to the back, and slowing coming through the pack to grab the win, Bahrain, Singaore and mexico weren't too amazing they just consisted of great racing.

Though the races which were disk snap worthy such as Australia, Russia, Baku, Canada, Austria, Germany, Belgium and the cherry Monza a nice run averaging 2 points per race

Was happy to end the series with a hot streak with 98 points in 6 races. compared to my glorious 2 points in a month I managed 3/4 way through... :whistling:

Great job to all the guys who started the series off and were there for the ending or joined midway through.

As good as the series was it also went twice as bad with the game giving you a bit of a passenger feeling not being able to control certain outcomes. Hopefully the next games even better.
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    And here's what should have been like my 8th pole of the season but may as well be, I enjoyed the lap anyways.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why is the lap dodgy?
    I noticed the game said warning for track limits... but never went all 4 wheels over the ripple strip...
    isn't that clean according to rooz rules?
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It is but hey, I'll leave the decision to apply PP's to you as this involves me and you're the series co-ordinator.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    has anyone else received penalty points for a cut track during their pole lap before?
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah i have. No wait. That was a 7th, lol.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Me at Austin, ironically enough.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    at which corner did you cut?
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hairpin
  19. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I can honestly say that I have not received any penalty time against me in any session this season. I would say no more than 2 warnings given all season and none during a qually session.

That's just how I roll, if I beat you I'm going to beat you fair and square, no corner cuts, no divebombs, no going off track to prevent an overtake.
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I usually trust my conscience. If my lap didn't feel 100% legit, it probably wasn't. So I would back off and have another shot at it the following lap.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.