Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok yeah rewatching that corner you did go over.

I guess you have to take the penalty points considering the 'game' gave you a cut track warning and we must take all the game dishes out
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I was a bit disappointed to get a time penalty. Been the entire season without. Didnt get any warnings last night either just the 3 seconds straight up. Im sure its happened to others.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

So my view wasnt the only one showing Seth going off track 1st 3 corners. I was hoping that was lag, other wise it looked pretty dodgy to maintain position.
    JonoStan96 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I don't think it was unreasonable for me to expect track position there.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Many apologies for getting these up so late, just had a hellish few days since the race.
    @Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID

A very special video for this round with a few statistics of the overall season thrown in at the end.

First of all let me make it clear that despite not taking the title, @seth123 undoubtedly deserves driver of the season for his efforts, to take 5 wins, 2 more than anyone else, it is clear he was the benchmark.

It was a tough race indeed, leading was always the best place to be however I always felt vunerable on the long straights. I was maintaning the gap to Seth until something I've never seen before, as I turned into the left hander after the 2nd straight, the car came to a dead stop and reset itself, dropping to 2nd.

After that something just clicked inside and I immediately started driving with newly found grit and determination, and less than a lap later I repassed Seth for the lead. I began to pull away until I ran wide on lap 13 and he was right on my tail. I survived two dives on each lap, repassing on the second straight and holding position. I decided to copy Hamilton's strategy by slowing down in the slow corners to allow Razor to catch up and take the pressure off me. My car felt perfect in Sector 1 so I used it to my advantage. Unfortuately Seth made another dive but was unsuccessful, and for the fourth consecutive race, we made contact. His wing was damaged but I was unscathed.

Razor behind was much faster but he wouldn't pass despite my efforts to let him through. Once he did though he pulled into the pits on my in lap! The undercut at this track was remarkable, as even though Seth pitted for a wing, I came out of the pits behind him. With Razor accidently screwing me out of the win, he had basically secured the title for me as it would be hard for Seth to catch him now on older Super Softs. Seth appeared to be slow, and I was already up on his gearbox by the second straight. I didn't need to pass him but I felt the win was still on. Unfortunately it seemed when I overtook him there was a lag collision and Seth parked up. I would have liked have battled for the rest of the race but I was happy as I knew the title was mine.

I decided to just enjoy the rest of the laps by turning off the HUD and bringing her home safe and sound. I was pumped for my mate to win his first race after suffering some terrible luck of late. He also notched up the first win for a controller user, reaffirming his position as the controller king at ROOZ. It was a real joy to win the constructors title with him, and the efforts of @Pringles_947 and @Mustafur should not go unnoticed.

To narrow it down to a single highlight is difficult as there were so many awesome moments in 21 races. However I think in its relevance to the final result, my fightback to the podium in Mexico after losing over 20 seconds would have to be #1. The amazing battles at Spain with Beau and Malaysia with Seth are right up there too. There were plenty of lowlights too, especially in the first half of the season where I lost a handful of wins.

Overall though, the fact we have had TEN different winners over the course of the season illustrates how competitive the series was. I don't think in the lifetime of GT6/PCARS have there been so many different winners in such a short space of time, not to mention the staggering amount of podiums earned. For me, in over 450 races at ROOZ, winning the World Championship would have to go straight to the top in terms of sheer elation. I'm excited for the challenge of defending the title in Season 2 and I know it will be a harder task.

Thanks to everyone who made this series great, especially to those who turned up rain hail or shine, not bad for a series that started off as a small community event. Running it was extremely stressful at times, especially once it became a recognised league. I'd also like to thank @Hatfield for producing the tables week in and week out and offering general assistance when needed.

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Nice vid @JonoStan96 and well done on the championship win.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    funny enough, if jono had beat razor he would've tied with seth and won leg 3 on countback
    2 wins each
    2 2nd's
    more 3rd's for jono
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Time to update the HOF I guess ;)
    WD @seth123
    I'll fire up the last DOTD poll after work.
    seth123 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Final DOTD thread is up. 7 days to vote. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/abu-dhabi-grand-prix-dotd.2628/
    I am planning an overtake of the season competition as well, if I can get 8 video submissions in via PM (you can borrow other's footage if you wish) I will open up a thread where the fun will begin! If I don't get 8 I'll just showcase some of the best of the season.

Well after 157 pages, we have reached our conclusion. Thank you all for this wonderful journey!
    razor4797, Hatfield and Kieran_B33 like this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I dont have many to pick from. I only posted from Singapore onwards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.