Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Tried the one stop just see if i could gain anything cause i just dont have the pace for the front runners. Did get to lead a lap thou, first one. Only just sore @Zachery when he had his off. Touched cloth. Cruised home getting overtaken alot.
    razor4797, warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I knew from testing that the softs were the tire to be on here, the mediums were just too slow to take advantage of the slower wear, and a qually lap on the SS meant they were barely faster than the SS after a few race laps.

It was a big gamble to stick to the softs being on the 4th row, but the 1st lap safety car made all the difference, as once it came in I had no trouble matching times with the leaders on SS and by lap 7 I was all over the back of them, passing a couple that had offs on the worn tires.

I was going to run S/S/M but the safety car meant I could do the middle stint on SS instead of running the mediums, this was a god send with the field still bunched up I just had way too much grip for there to be any defense, reminded me somewhat of Germany last season overtaking my way up to 1st place.

Pitted for the 2nd set of softs lap 20 and came out with clear enough track to not get held up, and the fresh tires meant I was well clear once everyone else pitted. Maintained the gap to Seth to cruise home. I must say without the safety car I'm not sure I would have even been on the podium.

warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    A whole lotta nothing
    razor4797 likes this.
  4. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Any data that suggests running with ABS on being quicker?
    I run with it off
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    its not quicker, but its more consistent. if you can run with it off alright then do it, but the difference in pace will be negated by a few lock ups.
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

In 30 races since we started this league Im pretty sure there has only been 1 race win by someone not using ABS.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah i believe warrior won a race last season with no assists. ironically it was the single wet race we have had, and the guy with no ABS or TC wins lol.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    No it's slower, I don't use it either. With ABS on you can brake much deeper.

Qualifying wasn't too bad in 5th and the race was a tad terrifying with the set up I had.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    You don't have to worry about me quitting because things aren't going my way. If I did that, I'd never even start a race after qualifying hahaha.

Speaking of qualifying, this week I set a target time I wanted to hit based on what I'd managed in Time Trial mode. Was stoked that I beat that time by nearly 2 seconds. And the fact I was only like 3 seconds off the leader I think is probably my best effort yet. Pretty sure it's normally 4 or 5 seconds. Funnily enough though, I think that might've been the first time I've started dead last.

Was pretty frustrated after the race last night, but at the end of the day, it was another finish. Hopefully good enough to pick up a couple of points in the Div 2 ladder at least.

Edit- just realised that Jim finished above me, and I think I may have been in front of him when I tagged the wall and punctured my tyre. Could've legitimately had a shot at beating BOTH the guys above me on the Div 2 ladder. That's annoying.
    razor4797 likes this.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797

Pretty happy with a podium finish last night.
    After setting a solid time on the first set of SS in qualifying, I found myself in provisional pole, however Zharvs and Seth bettered my time and I ended up crashing out on my second set of tyres.

Had a fairly clean race, apart from 3 mishaps where I ended up mowing lawns.
    A few good battles throughout the 35 laps too.
    Ended up setting the fastest lap towards the end of the race on my final stint where I was rapidly catching Seth and Benny up front, although I ran out of laps and had to settle for 3rd.

Well done Benny on another win and increasing that championship lead.

Cheers guys, see you in Monza :cool:
  12. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Righto, heres all my footage. Decided to have a play with sharefactory instead of my normal methods.

Qualifying:

Race:
  13. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I'm gonna throw it out now cause I will be extremely jet-lagged in the Italian GP next week....I can not be held accountable for falling asleep and crashing ;)
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hey @MrF1, not complaining just wondering what happened here lol close call, lucky no contact otherwise I would've had to get the boot out :)

JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Haha yeh. Saw you coming late and i threw out the anchors HARD to give you the corner. For some unknown reason the car crossed the track as it locked up in a very unfamiliar fashion.

I had a slight undies change myself mate but eas glad it didn't impede you. I Appologise for it and was half game glitch/ :):):):) up and half me not seeing you.
    I dont have a track map and dont use ABS.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I would strongly suggest turning on the track map mate (and the arrows indicating when someone is near, if you dont already). if you go off and rejoin infront of someone, you ruin both their race and yours. having no track map wont be a valid defence in the case of a protest if it happens, so better off having it on to avoid it happening altogether.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    "I made a very big mess..."
    -Nikolai Belinski

Hatfield likes this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID