Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    By the time we scrap through the first 10 minutes the race is down to 10 people, I reckon we would need at least 4 rooms worth of drivers before we could run at least two divs with the factor of no shows ect, I am sure the grids will grow or at least same stage something happens where all the people who have popped their heads up actually race.

So whoever did the bare minimum gets first choice?

Or the last driver fills from the ranking teams in OP? (say Jono's last he goes into Mercedes regardless?)
    Viperzed likes this.
  2. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Could i have manor
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    reverse championship order with a minimum number of races participated in

something to think about in future seasons
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I don't think it would make much difference to the results to be honest unless we ran with the cars not equal
    JonoStan96, Zachery and seth123 like this.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    In please gents... Williams #19
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If there's enough support for a sprint round I'd like to trial it first before implementing it :)
    Zachery and The_Spectre like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Perhaps it would be better to run an A/B setup as we still currently do not have enough to even contemplate a second room.
    VARDZ and The_Spectre like this.
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Maybe between seasons we can do a thursday night sprint test session or something?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hmmm in rooz its always been the shorter the race and the shorter the patience with the drivers resulting in more dodgy racing. Can't think of a sprint race I have been apart where someone hasn't been virtually killed lol.
    Viperzed likes this.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if it is necessary to try to emulate the Sunday league, a shorter race only encourages people to attempt desperate moves, especially on the opening lap.
    We're 2/3 through the season and still we seem to have people making unclean moves at every race.
    I know lap 1 tomorrow night I will be heading into turn 1 (and probably turn 7) feeling like a duck in a shooting gallery, wondering if it is my turn to cop a whack from someone who doesn't understand how to err on the side of caution when racing close to other cars.
    Gaining or even maintaining position should always be a 2nd priority to avoiding collisions with others. I would like to see everyone on the track for the last leg showing that they understand this.
    George, razor4797, Viperzed and 4 others like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    This.
    Like I said a sprint would have to be trialled before it's used in a full championship, plus, despite 14 being races in to burn the cobwebs there is still some pretty sense driving going on and if anything it's getting worse which makes no sense.
  12. its-benny-racer

One thought I had was to consider a ban on intentionally going 3 wide, ie if there are 2 drivers side by side heading into a braking zone or bend, a driver must pull in behind them. My reasoning for this is that 1. I don't think any of us have the skill to pull off a move like that and 2. all we have is proximity arrows so we have no way to have fine enough awareness of small side to side movements with such little margin for error.
    I also think that the current penalties hardly discourage silly risks, as a hand full of points isn't gonna make much difference over a leg or the full season. More severe infringements should attract penalties that could easily cost someone a championship.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck with it guys....would like to join but just cant make it work that time on a week night....

Looks like you are having fun sorting through the same issues we deal with in the sunday league .... Funny that :p:thumbsup:
    George, The_Spectre and seth123 like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    A rule like that would need stipulations and it gets very complicated very fast.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I can cause like 5 crashes this season and I am still clear a race ban, I am not going to discredit Jono's work since its his first proper go at a season and its lasted well 2 Sunday leagues and had way better attendance than the other console events.

Its not awfully hard to have a dice on the game either having had some great racing whenever I am near Jono or @Beau_Albert Here's something from Monza

[​IMG]
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree, the simpler you can keep it the better IMO. You want to keep as few grey areas as you possibly can. Consistency with penalties, and a clear intention of having them as deterrents is the best way to go, so drivers actually think about whether its worth having a crack V the penalty if it goes pear shaped.
    seth123 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I can see your point but what can you do? Giving a massive time penalty in a race where the offender is already last achieves nothing, and it is out of the question to apply it for the next race. A qualifying ban isn't particularly harsh either, as you get the advantage of starting on whatever tyre you want. Plus it needs to be consistent. Banning people from running 3 wide is ridiculous, that's just an aspect of racing you need to adapt to. If you've got a good run and a double slipstream you'd have to pull out of the move in case the cars get too close.

IMO the current rules are not harsh enough but it is very difficult to increase it without bordering on madness. While yes drivers should be punished for a lapse of concentration, but not without logic. Implementing penalties that "could easily cost someone a championship" treads in dangerous waters where all consistency is thrown out the window. That being said, we have had a driver banned for sheer stupidity so no one is completely invincible from the axe.
    seth123 likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Like Seth said, it's not difficult to race side by side, battle cleanly and race hard into braking zones or through corners. Myself and Jono fought to the death at Spain throwing some of the most ultra-aggressive moves i've seen at one another corner-after-corner without a single incident because we both realize that when two cars are fighting, there should always be a car width gap at any point during the battle, and that you should only ever completley move across once you have seen for a fact that you are clear of the other car.
    I personally have only felt responisble for a single crash so far this season, which was my overly-aggressive cut-back on Benny at Silverstone. If you do cause an incident and were not penalised by the game reasonably, do the right thing and return the spot. I only got a warning, no time penalty so i waited for him to recover and let him back past at the end of the Hangar Straight. There have been a few instances i've seen of cars spinning/forcing another car off without penalty and without redress. All you do is lose respect from the other driver and leave yourself wide open to protest.
    If all 22 cars use their heads, the Racing that follows speaks for itself. :thumbsup:

As for the penalties, my suggestion would be to leave them as they are, but lower the Race-Ban limit from 12 to 9 or 10.
    Viperzed and seth123 like this.
  19. its-benny-racer

I have no doubt that 99.9% of collisions this season have been caused by a driver having the best intentions. But ultimately they tried to do something that was beyond their skill level to do safely.
    That was my point, convincing people to be aware of their limitations. Maybe there would be a way for rewarding clean driving, perhaps bonus points for all drivers that keeps their nose clean consistently.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    like everytime I hop in the car
    stucar17 likes this.