Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES

Got a tad unlucky with a 5 place grid penalty for minor contact with Nige
    An absolutely dreadful opening 5 laps saw me being rescued by the SC while circulating about a turn in front of the leader,
    Thought I might have been on for a top 5 unfortunately a late mistake and a straight up lag retirement ended that chance :laugh:
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    nigegunz and razor4797 like this.
  5. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Just bring your setup to my place and use my internet. And teach me everything you know in the process hahaha.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Finally got my video sorted out. Was good to make up for last year's disconnection at Baku when I knew I had pace on this track. I've also come to realize that being 1st on a safety car restart is not a good place to be. Both restarts the leader lost out before turn 1.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How do the SC restarts actually work?

As I understand it happens as follows:
    SC is announced to be coming in at the end of the lap
    All cars are automatically limited so that we can all have our foot to the floor on the accel but are running at a slow pace
    The auto-limiter is lifter once the leader is allowed to GO
    Passing is still not allowed until the yellow flag changes to green

So, if the leader decides not to go for it when the auto-limiter is lifted, he can wait at most until the green flag appears (anyone who passes him between the auto-limiter turning off and the green flag coming out would need to give the place back or get a drive-through right?)

Is the above correct?
    @JonoStan96 ?
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yes.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok this is good to know.

@its-benny-racer had been complaining that 2nd place always seems to get the jump over 1st. That is probably because everyone has their foot down ready to go as soon as the limiter is lifted but the limiter might be lifted earlier the further back you are from the leader, giving everyone what seems to be a jump on the car in front.
    Really this just means everyone needs to be on their toes as in real life F1 SC restarts as to when the leader actually decides to gun it, but on the other hand, the leader can't wait too long or as soon as it is green he may find himself losing a few places seconds later
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualified 9th and got away clean and didn't see any turn 1 incidents while getting passed @Toranafan-02 . Got up the inside of @razor4797 at turn 2 but couldn't make it stick. Then passed @Viperzed as he made contact with the wall near the end of the lap
    Lap 2, we had our turn 1 incident. @Knuckles ran wide and torana broke very late from behind me and he hit me into knuckles. Lucky to get no damage as torana hit my left sidepod and knuckles and I touched wheels. This put me up to 5th
    Pitted on lap 7 for the mediums and then the Safety Car came out
    Restarted on lap 11 and saw razor turn sharply into the left wall after T1. I tried a silly move on @Nigel Burley at turn 3 to end without my front wing and facing the wall
    Pitted behind razor and put the softs on
    Lap 14 another SC and since I was already last, pitted again for a fresh set of softs
    During the SC period the field started lagging a lot. I was worried it was me, but @its-benny-racer reported the same thing in our chat and then after the race others said the same thing was occurring for them
    This meant I had no faith in finishing unless I kept a massive gap ahead and so I was never really in a position to challenge at the restart on lap 18. I got lucky at T1 with my ghosted car actually going inside of knuckles car
    At the end of the lap I caught nige who had suffered a lag incident
    Lap 19 I caught and passed a spun @RHINO11 but he put up the biggest fight of my grand prix until he fell to lag (9:11 in the video)
    Came home in 6th.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I was having a blast battling you @Hatfield and was doing my best to keep it clean, was so so dissapointed that lag got the better of me :(
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I couldn't believe how aggressive you were! but still clean. I was relieved to be on the inside heading into the castle section knowing you would have to yield and let me breathe lol
  14. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I see you finally got a taste of my driving in the league races....if it aint a league race it seems to generally be aggressive and not clean though :laugh: :(
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi guys, in my absence @Hatfield will ensure things run smoothly on race night. For reference, I have added a new spoiler in the OP.
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Motors560, REVO_Bryan and razor4797 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There is a new system software update weighing in at 300+MB, please ensure you have downloaded it before Thursday night.
    razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R14 - Russian Grand Prix - 27 Laps
    Time of Day: Sunset
    Previous Winner: Beau
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

Sochi in particular has track limits that are easily exploitable, so if you see blatant repeated track extending and corner cutting, it is asked you provide proof to the Stewards. Do not run wide at the final corner, as the game will likely give you a 10 second penalty.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING : Sochi is not a circuit that provides many overtaking chances despite being wide and fast. Often you will have to wait for DRS to make a safe pass.

SWERVING : You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains and give room to those around you. Drivers in the back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier in order to not cause chaos with crazy passes.

PIT LINES : Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Do not let people pass in the Castle section, as there isn't enough room. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING : This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you have had enough or need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name.

RECORD YOUR RACE! : Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver's Briefing updated with caution on final corner track limits.
  20. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Based on time trials, I think I'll be copping 10second penalties galore. Not from trying to gain an advantage, just unable to get a clean lap.