Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hope we had a good race guys :)
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I didn't get any time penalties, so that's good.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wow what a race. I really enjoyed that one!

After butchering, gassing and morally degrading my qualifying lap, I started dead last on the Soft tire. Jumped @Jurassic Mark off the start and then went about passing another 5 at Turn one (two). With not a single scratch on the blue machine, I proceeded up to the back of @Knuckles before getting sent off slightly behind @Bryan_F and @Toranafan-02 , Made my way past them again and had one of the most enjoyable battles of F1LOZ. Completely clean lap after lap, wheel to wheel. That was enjoyable shiznit right there. @Zachery gave me the fright of my life when he appeared nearly stopped as I pulled out to overtake Knuckles at 300. May have plus oned Knuckles' effort from Baku! The battle proceeded until a move at turn two from Knuckles left me bitterly disappointed and in the wall with a broken front wing :( I fell back into the hands of Torana and eventually after a semi decent scrap behind him. Pitted roughly lap 16 for Super Softs and charged through the field. @Jim_aka_The_Man courteously stepped out of my way whilst battling Bryan before I took him the next lap. I pushed on for another 8 laps to try and get @Hatfield but didn't have enough left in my tires. Luckily for me he had a penalty which gifted me a third place :)

Well done to @Motors560 and @razor4797 ! Faultless drives from the both of you. I'll be stepping out of racing until F1 2017 now so I'll see you all there hopefully!
    razor4797 and Knuckles like this.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Started okay. Fun times with viper. Then not fun times after about lap 10.
    seth123 and Viperzed like this.
  5. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Grabbed the pole by the slimmest of margins and was able to drive away from everyone for a satisfying win. Not much else to report apart from the fact the race may have been closer had @Zachery and @seth123 not stacked it on the main straight. @razor4797 took over piling the pressure on but i had better speed and was able to pull away on the soft stint. Only minor error was slightly overshooting the pit entry which gave me a 3 second penalty.

Tonight couldn't have gone better. Got pole, Won The Race, Took 3rd in the drivers championship (Come Back @JonoStan96), Grew the gap in the constructors and even more of a shock is winning leg 2 which was totally unexpected. I didn't even know i was in contention until @Hatfield mentioned it. Only thing that would have made the night better was if @Nigel Burley not DSC from the race but these things happen.See you guys for the next round
    razor4797 and Hatfield like this.
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

great stuff Motors! I'll see you on the podium in leg 3
    Motors560 likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Had the application crash on me before I had the chance to do my second qually run. Sucks to be well ahead with time on the table only to wind up out of the event entirely.
    Might have to request that hosting duties are shared a bit so that I at least sometimes have the opportunity to rejoin on the odd occasion something goes wrong.
  9. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Couldn't we have restarted....
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If you messaged the ps chat im sure we wouldve restarted. We were running almost on time and was only 50% er
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

Got away to a decent start and @RHINO11 moved across after the kink to give me a contact warning lol
    T1 however while on the inside @Knuckles chopped me which sent me around and to the rear of the field.
    funny to find @Jim_aka_The_Man sitting in @its-benny-racer front row sitting car lol

Then I passed @Jurassic Mark who had tangled with @George and then passed jim but it was under yellow and I tried to give the place back, but he went off track. But this allowed george to get back through and then I ran wide at the final corner for a 10sec penalty :mad:

I overlapped at the inside of george but he didn't see me at the kink which sent me into the wall... luckily with only minor wing damage.
    This allowed mark to get passed again

At least all of my issues happened within the first 2 laps lol

I re-passed mark still on lap 2 and lined up george again at the kink on lap 3 but this time he was aware I was there and the move was complete.

I set after catching @Bryan_F

Lap 10 I came in for my pitstop just as I had caught bryan

Lap 13 I was on his tail again and made the move on the outside on the front straight

With that penalty hanging over me, I knew I had to gap bryan.

@Viperzed caught and passed him and by the flag I had 10.5 gap to bryan... so I had just held on for 4th!!
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @its-benny-racer i didn't even know you left? I never got a notification that you had left the lobby or disconnected or anything
  13. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I saw it but he was still in the race director so I didn't say anything :(
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 despite jim getting put into the ferrari last night, I assume his points can still go towards haas?
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I wonder if this was why my game randomly paused itself on one of my laps. Thought my game had :):):):) itself.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yes.

Results?
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Only if I knew Hatfield had a ten-second penalty, otherwise I would have let Viperzed through more easily and would've lost less time. As they say, hindsight is 20/20...
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I was thinking that watching my race back, you cost me about half a lap and in the process easily cost yourself that half second. Oh well
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    My heart is fluttering at this Eff-Wun Twentee-7teen bayta :inlove:

Will totally not post my thoughts after a few days of play, big thanks to @Beau_Albert for letting me hack his PSN to give it a spin :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I can't go back to this game after playing 2017, my oh my is it good :)