Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Worth considering...
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hmm, Nah too much emphasis on something that isn't important and S2 was a kick in the cock for car selection wise trying to find a D2 driver, It should just be free reign for car selection any paring, what more match making can be done. We already run all the assists and equal cars lol.
    Zachery likes this.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

This seasons split with different div drivers in one team didnt happen anyways.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The Div 1/2 split with teams ultimately proved much harder to execute due to the overall lack of numbers.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just a quick update guys. I'm definitely out for the rest of this season and a bit longer after that. It's nothing grim, I've had a faulty limiter for a while. My threshold for pain was too high and that's normalised now. I feel a lot more, so surely that's worth an extra tenth when I can get back to full fitness.
    JonoStan96, Zachery and emmo46 like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hope everythings alright mate. Your health is more important, so get better and come back firing when you are alright.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hopefully you are well for first season on GT Sport!
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Mixed emotions after last night's 6th place finish.
    Lined up 5th on the grid with a solid lap on the soft tyre.
    Went very conservative into turn 1 and lost a position, but being a 100% race I wasn't too fussed.

Coming out of the last corner I got alongside @Motors560.
    Without warning he came across on me to take the line into the pits and sent me into the wall, destroying my front wing and wedging the front of the car in the barrier. (He has apologised and no hard feelings.)

After I went into the pits to repair the wing and put on the medium tyre, I was a staggering 45 seconds behind the lead car already. I thought for sure that there would be a safety car at some point during the race that could bring me back into contention, but no, not a single one. I was teased with 3 virtual safety cars but nothing else.

I chased and chased and worked my way up to 5th before I altered my strategy and put the SS tyre on to make sure I could go to the end. Setting the fastest lap of the race and chasing down @Nigel Burley and Motors was fun, and the car felt great. One more lap and I was bound to pass Motors.

All in all I'm pleased that I could still manage some points after a shocking first lap. The only part that hurts is that my pace was good enough to have challenged for the podium yet again.

Cheers lads
    Zachery and Knuckles like this.
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    So Zachery Did it again..... Didnt save my video before turning off PS...FML

Bit of a race recap though (or at least what i can remember, man it was a hectic race)

My Race was a good one! qualified 2nd behind benny. front row on the inside, i was happy. we got through the first complex of corners and i was out infront! ended up being me, followed by Seth after the first couple of laps, with Benny catching us. Me and seth battled it out for the first few laps, which brough benny right onto us, and eventually he got past us both and went on his way. me and seth were both faster in different sectors, so we couldnt really take advantage of each others drafts as i wouldve liked. We were within a second literally the whole race! (until i had grated tyres on the last 2 laps)

So Benny was just doing his thing sitting about 3 seconds clear of myself and Seth, then the first stops came.Benny jumped in a lap earlier than me and Seth IIRC, then me and seth pitted together next time round. All three of us had jumped onto Mids i believe, and when me and seth came out of our stops we were right on Benny. once again, mine and seths battling cost us time, even though we were both being quite generous with each other, leaving space when required as to not slow us both down.

Then came the Disconnect for Benny :(.. Basically lost him the race i reckon. by the time he came back he was just too far back to catch us, so i followed seth through the whole race, hoping to pounce on the penultimate lap. Unfortunately by the time i wanted to make a move, i just had no rubber. ended up overshooting a couple of apexes, which gave seth a comfortable few seconds as we crossed the line for 1st and 2nd. TBH the finish didnt do our battle justice.

Overall, I had one intense race! to be constantly within a second of someone for a full 100%er requires some mad concentration from both of us. every move, or attempted move, was done with full respect given for the whole race.

Massive Kudos to @seth123 for his driving, Mate that was the best battle ive had i reckon. the back and forth was just fun! also shout out to @its-benny-racer for the performance he put in (unfortunately robbed by his connection)

Once again another good result at a track that i dont really like, so im stoked! Looking forward to heading to Abu Dhabi next Thursday for another action packed Race Night!!!
    razor4797, RooBoys, seth123 and 2 others like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I'll try get my footage up at some point. Been a bit lazy with it (still havent got last weeks up yet).

Another points finish in an enduro for me. Only 10th this time around, but i'll take what I can get. Mostly uneventful. Started I think 11th (maybe 12th, second last whatever it was..). For a minute there, thought I MIGHT have qualified in the top 10 for the first time, but wasnt to be in the end.

I'm not sure what was going on at Tuddys end, but i felt I was in a battle with him the whole way. He got behind me fairly early I think and I had a bit of a gap to him. I think we both started on Softs (I did at least) and part way through the race I noticed whoever was leading had put on Mediums. So I decided to try a one stop race rather than the two stop originally planned. So my pit stop I threw on the Mediums and Im pretty sure the same lap Tuddy also threw on mediums. Id run my softs untill the point that the leaders were catching me, so took that chance to pit to stay out of the way, and I think that was just a few laps short of half the race, so i was confident enough to make the mediums last. Kept circling in front of Tuddy and the gap was seemingly closing fairly consistently and got down to 12 seconds. At that point, I really tried my hardest to put in some good laps and Tuddy seemingly pitted for the Super Softs. That opened the gap out again and I made it to the end on the Mediums turning out some of my quickest laps right to the end. Then I noticed on the results page that Tuddys car was listed as the AI driver name. So I may not have even been actually racing him at all. But it made it fun for me anyway.

All in all, not my favourite race. Got a little bored in the middle before I made up my own battle.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Can we please from now on make sure someone screenshots the results?
  18. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I'll check my footage in the morning and see if I caught it.

Edit- didn't manage to catch it. Which seems odd as I don't recall actually stopping my recording.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I only ask because my net is actually so bad I can't load youtube videos... I can barely load this website with >0.10 download!
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Knucks was 1st 2nd and 3rd. On poll and got the fastest lap.
    seth123, Zachery and Hatfield like this.