Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @its-benny-racer - the race director shows that on lap 25, you were "speeding under the safety car", and you never served that drive through penalty.
    @Hatfield's screenshot of the results shows that you finished +21secs behind the leader, yet 3rd place finished only +2secs behind the leader.
    Can you confirm this?
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Very frustrating race, Ran really well for the first 17 laps comfortably on the podium and unlike the guys around me i could make it home with one stop less then everyone. Until the safety car came which everything went wrong, Crucially at the time i managed to get passed Benny for 2nd however straight after that the cursed disconnect occurred. After 2 missed laps due to trying to get back in the room i'd dropped to 5th however the second safety car proved crucial as the top 3 missed the lane while i pitted for SS.

However on the restart any hope of a comeback where dashed when Rhino wrecked me in the first corner, Saying that it appeared Jim braked to early and forced Rhino into me but i still wasn't pleased. And just to add salt to the wounds Jim would cause me to half spin twice on the final lap. The first time was likely my fault the second was Jim's and just to add even more insult Jim managed to braked so early for the final corner which caused me to run into him and caused Bryan to spin. Not impressed

In short if i maybe had a slim chance of a championship they're gone now which kills me. I feel like i've had a really good season i mean this is my first non top 5 (races completed) since Spain so i think i've done alright. I'll enjoy battling Seth and hopefully Jono for 3rd in the standings. Well done to the podium
    JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    My fault how? I stayed out to gain position for the final 2 laps and had worn tyres. I may have had to brake slightly earlier or I'd be off the track.
    As for the final corners, my screen is showing full course yellow and I'm being passed wondering wtf is going on, sorry I wasn't driving using my mirrors to let you through.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

That was a glitch in the game, I have the video will put it up tomorrow night. It happened when the last safety car came out, it was telling me to pass the safety car (as you were in front of it when it came out) and then when I did what it said, that put me ahead of the delta, so it gave me a penalty for that. Surely that can't stick when the game glitches like that. I did what it said and got an automatic penalty.
  5. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    All good mate, was just checking to see what happened there
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    It's incredibly easy for people to say, Rhino wrecked me, isn't it?
    Not, there was a racing incident or anything but always I wrecked you.....
    Funnily enough I don't even know what you're talking about Motors
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Top ten finish after my first ever top 10 qualifying! Great result... hahahaha. (Thanks to Jim for having to be last on the grid and to Zharvs for not finishing!)

Frustrating race again this week. But not because of any bumping from anyone else or anything. Could barely seem to keep the car on the track for the most part. On to next week in the new sim setup. Should hopefully be a more enjoyable night.

Edit- and Rhino wrecked me.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

race report to come
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah nah if thats the case, you ll be all sweet. so what actually happened after i left (apologies, forgot that I was host)
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Chaos :laugh:
    SC then a full course yellow glitch, which then turned into a SC with 5 to go and full course yellow glitch to the end
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    oh :):):):), sorry guys my bad. Concentration hasnt been my strong point this week. will ensure it doesnt happen again.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    luckily full course yellow still allows you to pass

Also a big thank you to @Jim_aka_The_Man for helping me out this week

At the last SC restart he was behind me and in fighting with whoever was behind him let me get big enough of a gap from a late charging @seth123 to be able to hold him off, divebomb and all ;)
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @RHINO11 had been saying pre-race 'we might actually get some rain with @Zachery hosting' and sure enough, my engineer reported that light rain wasn't too far off during qualifying
    When I got onto my lap, it was indeed sprinkling which meant I slotted into 8th with @seth123 behind in 9th after waiting even later for his lap

Race start was good and I went for an inside pass on @Jim_aka_The_Man but then the field started lagging (probably me) and so I dropped to the rear of the field to wait it out as I didn't want to end my or someone elses race.

Luckily it seemed to have cleared after the first few corners and so I put a move on @Jurassic Mark for 10th

I changed from the softs to the mediums at the end of lap 5 as they were wearing badly

On lap 8 I had a good tussle with @Bryan_F who couldn't quite get passed at the hairpin but he soon after pulled off a spectacular outside overtake at T1 on lap 9 on the softer tyre.

While in 4th, the first safety car was deployed on lap 17 which happened to be my in-lap luckily for me. So after almost running straight into jurassic mark with a lapse in concentration (on my part) I came in for my final set of mediums.

On lap 22 while in 5th, a fast charging @RHINO11 on Super Softs went for an outside T1 pass and while he was successful, he dropped back mid corner (I lately was informed I was lagging again at that point)
    The same lap, I caught and passed the DSC'd @Motors560

Lap 24 and the last SC was deployed just as I passed the pit entry and I guessed many behind would pit for the SS tyres.

After resuming with 2 laps the go, @seth123 had made his way through the field and was behind me on the back straight on SS tyres. Fortunately for me, DRS was not yet enabled and I had enough of a gap to avoid taking a defensive line in to the hairpin. But this didn't stop seth giving it his best shot. You can see his wing peek into view through the hairpin and then his tail wagging at the exit of the final turn.

Crossing the line for my (now hopefully) first S2 Podium!!!
    seth123, nigegunz, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I got the short end of the stick, pitting just moments before the first safety car. I never encountered the FCY glitch before, so I didn't overtake anyone. This cost me huge time behind slower drivers. To top it off, I crashed into Motors on the last lap. Extremely frustrating way to end the race.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Will try and get a highlight video up at some point,
    Surprised would be an understatement after I snagged 3rd on the grid (cheers rain)
    Held back a bit at the start, trying not to get involved in an early crash and came into the pits with Zharvs on lap 3 or 4. He overcooked it into the gravel and as he rejoined the pit entry my AI pit assist drove into him and promptly limited the speed to 56kmh all the way up tot the pit line, losing me at least 5 seconds to Zharvs. Then on exit he somehow jumped backwards and I was ahead of him again.
    Had a pretty good battle with him for a couple of laps (it destroyed our chances of a win) and we ended up behind Hatfield who had been last after the pit stop phase. Pretty lonely race until the SC after I got passed by Zharvs, 1st SC was in an awkward spot for me and I knew when I put the SS I wouldn't make it to the end.
    On the restart I threw caution to the wind and went charging around the outside at T1 of Hatfield unfortunately my first experience of the FCY glitch prompted me to give the place back as Hatfield seemingly teleported onto the apex of t1/2
    2nd SC was perfect as I was planning on pitting onto new SS that lap anyway and the SC came out as I exited the hairpin
    Restart was awkward as Nige and Pepsi collided in front of me of the final turn and I picked up my first stop go of the race. (which I vowed to not serve and protest if I got given a penalty). Jim covered into T1 and I looked to repeat my move on Hatfield but thought better of it, unfortunately Jim braked 50m before I expected him to and despite braking early as well I lost some of my wing on his gearbox. Eventually got past him and was comfortable in 5th out of the final turn. In the excitement of actually getting a good result I didn't flick it down to lean at this point and ran out exiting the final turn at +0.2/1 which would have got me to the line. Instead I got my speed limited and dropped to 7th on the line :(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    After cooling off from the frustrating race last night and watching my POV this morning i have to apologise to both @RHINO11 and @Jim_aka_The_Man for what was said last night. In short all the incidents i was involved in those final two laps were either racing incidents or me being to aggressive and getting what i deserved. Anyway hopefully this will clears the air a little bit and we can get back to racing next week.
    And Rhino just FYI the incident i was mentioning last night happened when you ran into jim off the second restart and in trying to avoid him ran into me. However i'll admit using the term "Rhino wrecked me" sounds like you did it with intention when it was a racing incident at best. I also forgot to mention when i've rejoined races previously it's been mentioned that i can lag a bit so you may not have known i was their. Anyway hopefully this clears thing up a bit and as mentioned above we can move onto the next race.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @RHINO11 You bloody wrecked me and I wasn't even there!

But you finally scored some points, and a handful of them, bravo mate :)
    Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Awesome to see F1 is starting to get into those mainstream sports games levels of depth, 115 R&D options is pretty insane
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    its quite realistic eh, even shows the McLaren breaking down.
  20. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Maybe it's a new throphy? You have to blow up more Honda engines than races in the year
    Zachery likes this.