Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I always thought that because there was an available set in both qualifying and the race on the standard strategy option that it would give me 2 sets in total to use, but I guess that was my mistake. Live and learn
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Apologies about not getting the pole lap up quickly, Haven't been very well and have been trying to save all the energy for the marathon tomorrow. I'll most likely get it up tomorrow at some point.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Can we please make sure we are on time tonight?

As I said this will be close to 2 hours long so we can't afford any delays.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah if im hosting, i will be starting 8:20 on the dot. if people are late im sorry in advance
    razor4797 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    First of all congrats to Benny simply had to much pace for me tonight.
    The race was very interesting on my end. The start wasn't the best and myself Razor and Seth went 3 wide into the first corner, Knowing it was a long race i backed out and entered the first corner in 4th. However my misery would begin as my pace in the dray was crap. Zachary got by me and relegated me to 5th before crashing out at the hairpin in spectacular fashion and giving me 4th again in the process.

For me the Ultra Soft tyre wore out more quickly than i'd thought so i made the call to come in for SS tyre and hope the rain wouldn't come until around lap 35 where the Ultras might be forced to pit again, However this didn't happen as the rain fell around lap. Whilst this was happening Jono who had gotten ahead on the soft tyre spun at the hairpin and i had nowhere to go which put me behind Nigel, I got the most BS penalty ever by running slightly wide at the final corner giving me a 10 second penalty i honestly nearly quit at that point i was so pissed.

The rain started falling around lap 27-28 and in the process caught Seth who decided to put me into the wall around lap 30 after the 2nd DRS straight giving me a orange front wing (Whilst i know it wasn't intentional at all it didn't look great for you on my POV). Ended up pitting onto the inters which excited me since we've only had 2 wet races this whole series and was in a lonely 4th behind all my other championship rivals.

However something slightly peculiar happened that would even baffle me. All 3 drivers ahead come out onto the wets whilst i was still on inters and despite the "Heavy Rain" i passed both Razor (2nd) and Benny (1st) for the lead of the race and over the next few laps am gaining several seconds a lap over the guys on the wets. To give you guys an idea i was doing consistent laps around 2 minutes even compared to the guys on full wets doing 2.04s-2.06s?? Yeah i have no idea either

Anyway i see no point in pitting whatsoever and to be honest i was trying to make it to the end on the inters. I'd built up a 15 second margin to Benny behind and a 30 second gap to Razor all was looking good until around lap 49-50 where i could feel the weather getting worse and over the 2 laps Benny gained 3 seconds on me and with this in mind i decided to give up the chance of a miracle victory and a shot at the championship and pit. Saying that i came out ahead of Seth and just behind Razor who previously before the rain were around 30 seconds ahead so it was effectively a huge overcut. I literally redefined physics haha :roflmao:

The final 10 laps were spent battling Razor for 2nd and on lap 54 i admittedly divebombed at the hairpin and thankfully was left room by Razor and went into second place. However with the BS penalty i'd gotten early in the race at the end i finished 3rd and sadly my quest for a championship is now over and 3rd will be where i finish this season a major improvement from last season.

Because i now cannot be beaten or beat anyone else in the standings i've decided i won't be racing in Australia for the final round of the series. I won't go into to much detail but the surgeons i've been seeing suspect i've badly torn the muscle in my lower abdomen and will have to wait several weeks for them to mend and i feel it's best to rest now before season 3 begins.

I have to thank everyone who has run in this series,It's be an absolute pleasure racing with you all (Maybe not Benjamin, If you ran season 1 at Hungary you'll get the joke). It's been a real fun series to race in and hopefully this will continue into F1 2017 really looking forward to it.

And for both Benny and Razor good luck in the final race. Admittedly you 2 deserved to be the ones contending for the title. See you guys for season 3 :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hope you get better soon mate, you've driven superbly this season.
    Motors560 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    ehhh you kinda went for an armature spec dive bomb but anyway
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah its nice knowing I don't really have to play this game again, Inters faster than wets in that thunder storm well that is interesting. I was going alright during the dry had all the pace up my sleeve until I tried to save some fuel which wouldn't work well with the bad usage rates I was getting which ruined race speed, Then shifted down to 1st by mistake at the hairpin caused the car to turn in more than I wanted which I ended up doing a 15 seconds 3 point turn.
  11. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, I started racing in the 66 the exact same way I did the 45. Early. Reacted to all the cars around me moving and copped a drive through for jumping the gun.

And then the rain. Apologies again if I got in anyone's way under blue flags. I don't know if it was because I was struggling in the wet and driving a lot slower, but the engineer warnings seemed to come later than usual. A few times I'd already let someone pass before I got the "blue flag conditions" message. I know at least there was an awkward moment with Jono going going up the inside on the final corner and something happened with someone around lap 23 I think it was, someone went spinning off near me. Apologies if that was my fault.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Wasn't sure how my pace would be coming into this race, my S1 race didn't go too well and there were a lot of quick guys on the Singapore track.

In qually after a decent banker lap, I was able to go for broke on my 2nd go.

Discovered early in the race that being in front was a disadvantage. Pushed hard to try to keep Seth at bay, but the 1 time he did get passed my car immediately felt faster and I was able to easily rechallenge for the lead. Hope F1 2017 is a bit more realistic in this regard.

Once the rain started and I got on the inters, it took me a few laps to realize my brake balance was too far back which allowed Razor to close right up to me. I let him be the 1st to pit for wets which ultimately paid off as the extra lap on the quicker inters gave me a good gap. Once the rain really set in I was able to build a gap out to 16 seconds and cruise home.

Happy to make it 3 for 3 on street circuits this season. See you all for the grand finale next week!

JonoStan96, Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

lol so the video opens with a lapping of @Jurassic Mark on lap 40... kudos to me for checking the video order before uploading doh

Nothing special in qualifying to line up 8th

Got a better start than @Knuckles ahead to give me a shot into turn 1 but ultimately by leaving too much space he was able to get back in front. Unfortunately for someone behind, they damaged my wing as the concertina occurred.
    I made a move down the inside of the hairpin on @nigegunz but hit the brakes when I realised knuckles was sideways across the track after being swiped. (only to realise he was ghosted and I should've kept on to finish the pass)

Lap 7 I lapped a spun @George

Lap 10 I lapped mark

Lap 14 pitted for Super Softs

Lap 15 couldn't find a way passed knuckles until he pitted.

Lap 21 lapped mark

Lap 22 I had caught @JonoStan96 on the softs he had started on. I thought he might let me go if I was quicker, to grab some DRS but what I actually found was a car on every apex and no room left when I tried the outside as I was squeezed.

Lap 23 I went down the inside after the DRS zone but broke too late for jono to criss-cross back in front.

I knew had to try something perfect.

Lap 24 at the DRS kink I moved left and for a split second I thought I had him... until a verstappen-esque move over meant I had to try and jink back to the right. Jono did say later that it was unintentional, but I thought this meant you would then let the blocked driver through. I thought wrong.

My reward was an overly slow apex a few corners later and the damaging of my front wing, ending any possibility of attack.

Lap 28 it was spitting a bit so with the wing damage I decided to pit early-ish for inters. At first they weren't so good, but a lap or so later it was raining enough that everyone had jumped onto the inters too.

Lap 42 it was raining heavily so I pitted onto the wets. It was still ideal to use inters as we soon found out, with knuckles pulling away from me and my engineer suggesting a pitstop back to inters. (no thank you)
    Later in the lap I passed the stricken @Jim_aka_The_Man in the wall.

Lap 47 I lapped mark although it was a close call as it was just after the kink and mark moved left as I went to overtake left. luckily I hit the brakes early enough to avoid an incident.

Lap 49 I passed nige at the hairpin where he had run very wide into the run-off area.

Lap 54 I lapped mark.

Lap 56 I lapped nige

Final lap. Jono has been gaining and I, knowing I had a 3 sec penalty, and not knowing jono had any penalties, am struggling to keep the gap above 3 secs. I lap mark in an awkward place and notice the split drop to 3.1
    I cross the line and anxiously await the gap, which shows 3.3 a few moments later *phew*

A very tired 5th place is the result.
  14. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Just rub it in a bit more how many times you lapped me hahaha.

Apologies for the awkward moments you mentioned, but literally, I think that lap 47 one (I'll check my video) you were already up beside and just about passed me when the engineer gave me the blue flag warning.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well with your history of holding me up at all costs and breaking my front wing I wasn't going to make it easy.

You call it Verstappen esque but you can see I was merely following the line, then moved right to give you room
    up the inside, not my fault you turned at the same time. Why would I let you through anyway, especially after the farcical Monaco incident?

I enjoyed the battle nonetheless.
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @its-benny-racer needs only 7th to seal the championship by a point if @razor4797 wins
    If razor comes 2nd, benny wins even with a DNF

@Motors560 still has a slight chance to jump razor for 2nd

on the div 2 side, I have sealed the championship!
    @Bryan_F & @Jim_aka_The_Man are separated by 10pts and @Jurassic Mark has a small chance to jump jim for 3rd

Constructors has been sealed for a while now for Ferrari
    Jim_aka_The_Man and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Constructors is a bit irrelevant. But congrats to fezza. Have a feeling its gonna be a small grid this week.
    razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    constructors would be relevent if we put all the drivers who attended majority of the season together. i think for season 3, we allow drivers to team up as they please. maybe keep Div1 together and Div2 together, and run the teams as a div1 & 2 thing also. just a thought
    Knuckles likes this.