Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Welcome @Jurassic Mark ! You'll have a ball driving with some of Australias best here :)
    Jurassic Mark and seth123 like this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    @JonoStan96 - im withdrawing from another full season, i've got new commitments coming up, but might drop in for the odd race.
    seth123 likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Take me off the Reserve list too, the wheel i'll be upgrading too by the time this starts isn't PS4 compatible and i don't feel like getting the Controller out for a League Race again
    seth123 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 probably need people to confirm their signup

Also, any chance of running non-equal cars and putting the faster guys in the slower cars to even up the grid more?
    eg @Bounty05 in a merc against @seth123 in a manor should be closer than it is in equal cars...
  6. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Looking forward to having a crack. Still only really learning, so just hoping to stay out of everyone's way and gradually get better. I'll be expecting to see a lot of you driving past me all race long.
  7. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Welcome Mark
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Will be withdrawing from season II as the races simply start too late in NZ and it's awfully tough getting through a full days work on just 5 hours sleep.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

1 month to go before the next Grand Prix at Brazil!
    Looking forward to another season of the best cars on the best tracks on the planet.
    It is unfortunate to see that our numbers are thinning somewhat, people finding better things to do (what could be better?). With any luck we'll find some new regular faces to fill up the grid.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    for me it is just down to not having motivation to practice, just to end up fighting for 11th

I previously said:
    in an effort to bring the field closer together.

Another idea is the way the teams are done, if the championship will be split into 2 divisions, have an A & B driver in each team and score constructors based on points acquired in both divisions (ie a win in div B is worth 25 also for your team)
    seth123 likes this.
  11. its-benny-racer

I certainly agree with the idea of having an A and B division, and also splitting up teams so they have an A and B driver. Obviously that would require a re-allocation of cars to drivers.

I would be happy just to have a team mate that shows up each week, but I don't really care what car I am in.

Also, if anyone wants to arrange some sessions during the break between seasons, I will certainly be there and happy to host if required.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It is something I'll look at over the week. The splitting of A/B drivers amongst a team is a good idea, however the other one where myself and Seth would be given a Manor (for example) I'm 100% against. I hope to have divisions sorted out in the next 2 weeks but for that to happen people need to submit qualifying laps.
    seth123 likes this.
  13. its-benny-racer

And if we are going to split a team between A and B, it may also make sense to team up people who consistently show up, so that there is a more even fight between teams, the teams championship was kind of irrelevant in S1 due to the fact that only some teams had 2 competitive drivers show up consistently.
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Puttig faster drivers in slower cars is just awfully unfair. We don't do it in GT6 or PCars and this is no exception. If you arent willing to practice then you'll be back of the pack the same as Sunday league. This isnt a community event and i think thats something some people have to remember
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It's an idea to boost numbers.
    What good is a league if numbers drop below 10 total?? (for example)
  16. its-benny-racer

The other point against using variable performance cars is, we have a good 8 - 10 drivers here that would be capable of winning in equal cars, so you would end up with quick guys running mid level cars which would give the guys in Manors and Saubers in an impossible situation.

With any luck running the A-B should help give more people something to play for, I still think that running mid week is always going to be the key factor against success, how many S1 racers are calling it quits simply because they can't commit to Thursday nights?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess you would have to ask the question individually to those running GT6 or Pcars if they would stay or swap to F1 if it was also on a sunday
  18. its-benny-racer

I guess in the end this is doomed to never get the support it deserves.

Honestly, if I had the choice between this and GT6, this would win hands down simply because it is a better driving and racing experience for me. But I don't expect the bulk of other competitors to feel the same way and without at least 12+ competitors it wouldn't get off the ground.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    its not gonna get any better with that attitude. instead, why not ask around, spread the word. talk it up instead of posting here how its doomed. to say "I don't expect the bulk of other competitors to feel the same way" without actually posing the question is very presumptuous. I know i would rather this over the GT6 or PCars, and youd be suprised at how many might be the same.

Considering last time this question was asked, F1 wasnt an official series, the answer and attitude could be completely different compared to what it was 6 months ago
    KoAStR likes this.
  20. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yep I can honestly say I would race this religiously if it was on a sunday. Thursdays are impossible to make.