Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. TheGopherGamer

TheGopherGamer New Recruit

PSN ID
    TheGopherGamer
    I had a few goals for this race:
    1) Not get in anyone's way, blue flag or otherwise.
    2) Finish the race in a better spot than I started
    3) No more than 2 laps behind the pace

Happy that I managed to achieve all of the above, despite bombing out in Qualifying as I was getting used to the tweaks in settings that I am not used to. Picked up a few spots early from those moving around the track and struggling on the opening lap, managed to find a groove and put in some solid lap times as I warmed to the task. Had a close run-in with @JurassicMark (teammate) in the closing laps not through anyone's fault, just one of those things. Didn't help that our Party Chat went down so communication was limited. Had a spin caused by a collision semi-early, but that was corrected by some very good race etiquette (not sure if game prompted or not). Massive props to whoever that was, can't quite remember.

Was awesome to see the front runners and the pace setting, impressive stuff. Was disappointed when JonoStan96 race ended early Was looking forward to a good battle at the front end and would assume he would be featuring. Well done to those on the podium, a war of attrition in some ways at that length of a race.

I have NO idea what happened in that first race setup/lobby. Hit 'Advance' after the first Qualifying session, and then got booted back into a lobby that featured only me. From there it was a clusterf***. Managed to get back onto the grid once, then got booted again, then jumped in as a spectator and we all know what happened from there. Was glad that I got the chance to race as was looking forward to getting stuck in.

Thanks for an enjoyable (albeit frustrating) first race gang. Onto the next!
    JonoStan96, razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Haha seen that coming.
    I thought div champs automatically go up a div for the next season.
    Zachery likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You’d think so but nope :/
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    they do in the same game
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lol nice technicality
    razor4797, JonoStan96 and Knuckles like this.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Its the same for everyone now your just racing slower guys. Which are the same guys in season 2.
  7. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    So you're saying I would've been better off not bothering to rejoin after a half lap disconnect after 75%?
  8. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Let me go on the record as saying that's pretty harsh. Can discretion be applied here? Like with the 107% rule?
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 can't you just round down?
    Jurassic Mark and Telum like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    as much as it might be seen as harsh, im gonna be the devils advocate here and say "thems the rules"

doesnt bother me either way, but if it were for the championship and a driver required 1 point to win it, would it still be applied in that scenario? if you answered yes, then all good.
    JonoStan96 and Jurassic Mark like this.
  11. TheGopherGamer

PSN ID
    TheGopherGamer
    My two cents...

Over a 100% race, it is reasonably accepted that the Div 1 drivers will lap the Div 2 guys multiple times. In Mark's case, enough times to allow him not to finish the race. Mark (and myself) were not allowed to complete the full race once the leaders had crossed the finish line, even though we were absolutely committed to doing so. it seems as though if your not on the lead lap, then the race ends before we have a chance to complete our final 4 laps or so - something that we cant avoid.

My guess is that over shorter races, this scenario is unlikely to happen as there simply isn't enough track time for the leaders to lap us 3+ times, but over 100% I think some leeway should be applied.

I was fast enough to get within the 90% lap threshold, so in this case, it doesn't affect me but would be filthy!
    The fact that there is a crossover in rules (75% race complete on a DSC then you hold your place, vs getting through 88% and not getting anything) is a bit rough in my humble opinion.

Now if the 90% rule is designed for this exact scenario (if your too slow to keep pace and can't finish as a result) then that's a different issue.

Ignore me or take on board as you will.
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Let me get this straight, Mark finished the race (as in didn't disconnect, crash out or give up) but because he was more than x number of laps down on the div 1 aliens he misses out on collecting points? Or am I misinterpreting the scenario?
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hold fire for now guys. Jono is Currently at WTAC and will deal with this tonight i would say.
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

considering how well Marko races with respect to all others on the blue flag scenario & how much time he loses in this process, I think we owe him a classified finish & think this should apply for all drivers from lower divisions who are in fact still lapping when the aliens cross the line
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I would agree, albeit that it only gets classed as such if you are a div2 driver, and as such only receive the points on the Div2 Table (which is the only one that matters if you are div2)

This is only an issue as we dont run multiple rooms. This rule shouold be specific to each division. IE marks required lap count should be based off 90% of the fastest div2 drivers laps.

I think this is a fair compromise.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

rule change complete!

i hope Jono's having fun after a :):):):)ty race for him last night
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Well...yeah that’s an aspect that exists in literally every Motorsport that ever existed and ever will....just sayin’
    “Here’s Jamie which doing his celabratory burnouts and OH NO the lapped cars still racing 5 minutes later have crashed into him!!”
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  18. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Such drama.

Yes @its-benny-racer , I crossed the finish line as I normally do, this time 6 laps down. I had a DSC for half a lap earlier and also paused for a piss break also for probably half a lap. But completed as much of the race as I possibly could.

The rules are the rules though. So if 90% needs to be completed, than so be it. It's only a point and it's not like it'll matter a great deal down the line. There'll be no championship contention for me for quite some time.

In saying that though, with me trying my best to get the realist experience possible and running Div 1 assist setups (+driving line), I honestly can't see me completing 90% of a 100% race. And not through lack of trying. Last season I was 6 laps down at Monaco with TC and on Automatic. So it'll be twice as bad this year. So in all honesty, I can't see any point in me even entering the enduros. Will be better off playing career mode and progressing my skills that way. At least that way it won't be so deflating to be read that you technically didn't finish after racing for the same amount of time as the leaders.

I was cooked after the race last night. Still sore now. Just a little deflated overall, really.
  19. TheGopherGamer

PSN ID
    TheGopherGamer
    Appreciate that, but I can't imagine the people still fighting for points 3 laps behind just pulling over on the grass and saying "Oh well, the leader has now finished so my points don't matter..."
    Happy to be proven wrong on the scenario here, as I am not a racing purist/enthusiast, it just seems to defy common sense to me that Mark gets automatically pulled out of the race, and suffers in his own division as a result.

90% of Div 2 Drivers laps is a cracking idea. Well played Zachery.
    seth123 and Zachery like this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    We can’t make rules, then agree to rules by signing up and then try and hustle our way through them because emotions take over

Just because this is a series run by another site member not Stu or Hatfield you can’t hustle and throw opinions down to beat clear cut rules, it sucks yeah but would anyone of you guys complain to Stu like this?

The only thing that can be done is some sort of division compromise like Zach said,

Motorsport is a dictatorship not a democracy
    fezza, Jurassic Mark and Zachery like this.