Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I must say, compared to the previous rounds, this race was much more enjoyable. Even with finishing a lap down from Beau, being able to battle other drivers on track without a severe disadvantage was great.

It was unfortunate that many of the guys I could have been racing with had to retire from the race, mid way through the race I found myself behind Motors, but given the difference in assists I wasn't going to attack too hard and in the end I decided I had nothing to lose by pitting again for a blast on the ultras with 20 laps to go.

Hopefully the coming races will bring more good battles and fewer retirements.
    JonoStan96, PaulCox and nigegunz like this.
  2. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    This games gotten so realistic that even a clutch can just fail for no reason? Amazing... hahaha.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hope you mean the actual F1 rules as that makes sense, it is much harder to run closer to one another and thus less passing. Not to mention the safety car has not come out once this season despite several massive crashes and incidents. The tyres last ages so running alternative stratgies tends to not work out. The new “rules” were made to bring the field closer together by giving the slower drivers more of a chance, I’m not sure what else I can do stop Keeden and I practically lapping the entire field in 78 laps without purposely slowing down, or allow TC for everyone except us, it just so happens these 2017 cars really suit our driving style. This is normal for every season I’ve been in in rooz espectially on GT6, some seasons Warrior would win all 7 races, but in the 908 season 4 different drivers won.

Unfortunately I think the bulk of the issue is several of the really fast guys (Sam, Beau, Spectre, etc) have moved on to pastures new, and with GTS and Pcars 2 out now, there just doesn’t seem to be a reason to devote time to a niche game such as this (I am on the other side of the scale of course). With fewer really quick drivers the racing gets very stagnant if the only action on track is lapping traffic. Indeed I spent about 70% of that race all alone, wishing it for to be over. I don’t mean to be a dick about it but I firmly believe at the very least once the two Ferraris and my teammate pull their fingers out and we get firmly into the European half of the calendar, we will have much closer racing up front. 50% of the field retiring from the race is something out of my hands, all I can offer is running it as a 50% race next season. A safety car really should have come out during the race to close the field, it was ridiculous.

Anyway, not much to say about my race, I already gifted Keeden the win in qualifying after hitting condensed air on an out lap and thus leaving it all for an all or nothing lap, which was ruined by going deep into the chicane.

First few laps were hairy, a gutsy pass on Knuckles was crucial, but I hit the inside wall at Tabac for the 3rd consecutive season and damaged my wing. Rhino damaged it worse a few laps later and did his best to gift Keeden a bonus 4 seconds, 11 seconds to the good in as many laps. I neutralised the gap but he was already too far ahead.

A wing change boosted my pace and I was eating into Keeden’s now bigger lead once more, until I came across Fezza at Rascasse and another broken wing was my reward. Onto the Super softs and I did 41 laps on them, passing Motors in the process but due to two wing changes and a Rosberg esque moment at Mirabeau, he was 50 seconds ahead. Another error meant another wing, scrubbed Ultras allowed me to do a lap faster than my quallying effort, a cruel reminder of what could have been.

The rain was my only hope but it didn’t arrive in time. But I’ll take 2nd in a race where so many failed to finish. A supeb job once again Keeden up front, I hope I can stop the rot in Canada in 2 weeks time.

Enjoy the week off guys!
    seth123 and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  4. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    @JonoStan96 i had front wing damage (again) before that I was actually maintaining the gap to Keeden
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I was very nervous for monaco after playing a lot of GTS and trying to adjust to F1 was bit worrying for me but I able to get a lucky pole after almost crashing on the lap lol, when race started all i was thinking about is going through T1 first and i should be right, had rhino 1 second behind me and staying there for the first few laps while i was adjusting to the car/setup still then I was trying go work out the pace I needed, I wasn’t in any rush to try get away from the driver behind because I didn’t wanna something stuipd to happen, then the rest was just racing by myself, I almost ran up the back of motors when i was trying to lap him, he was driving slow and i couldnt go around him and then he was driving flat out on the stright and I thought he wasnt going to let me pass so I stayed behind then all sudden slams on the brakes nearly crashing into him, parts from all thaf my race got boring lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Must have been those new chicanes then.
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    10 different winners doesn’t mean the Racing was better it meant the training wheels kept the wrong people afloat,

The racing without Tc is way better, the racing is ruined by the minds of the competitors having a negative mindset from the beginning,

I wish I could’ve made the last few rounds because it’s a lot better and pure than ever.

Banning tc adds more variables to a battle, S1 and S2 we’re just cat and mouse racing 90% of the time when sitting behind a driver and deliberately not passing them to win the race because how OP and unrealistic TC was in F1 16 you know that’s not better...
  8. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Nice story needs some more RROOZ
    Also @JonoStan96 if you need numbers i'll be around Thursday nights as I no longer work nights now however will see how tired I am as I start 4am Thursday then 6am Friday...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Don’t you have some things to sell on Toowoomba buy sell and swap
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  10. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im doing them hours now mate and i always go to work loaded up on redbulls lol
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    If I ever come to Toowoomba
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

The point is, banning TC is only going to be better when its banned for everyone on track. But that won't fly because you'll likely wind up with 6 guys each week and you can't really call that a league anymore.
    The way I see it, you either ban it for all or allow it for all.
  13. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I'm adjusting from 10pm - midnight finishes to 4am-6am starts going to need a lot of them
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That is true, you can’t have a 45 different assist settings
    During 1 race, It removes any feel of a pure racing, with me
    missing races I haven’t felt too saddened
    Due to all these shenanigans Jonos having to pull
    To stop people leaving, but I’d still
    Rather be racing than being busy elsewhere ect,

It should be one way or the other, it’s gojng to tear the
    League apart banning Tc entirely, but I’m not interested in
    Battling people with TC which makes me lose interest myself

Personally I want TC gone for good everywhere.

(Excuse my the constant return button abuse, rooz is so anti
    Phone friendly it’s impossible to type long things lol)
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac

I was trying to work out the tune you wrote this song to...
    fezza, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

should we try the week off with no tc & see how it goes? be a nice experiment given all the "shenanigans"
  17. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I wouldnt mind this. Mostly because i've been racing with out it anyway...
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it's just an idea. i certainly dont want to rain on anyones mp4-6 brazilian wet parade
  19. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I had no idea what you were saying untill I looked back at the Original Post... Yeah, count me out of that one hahaha.
    nigegunz likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

nothing quite like a wet brazilian... grand prix
    Hatfield and nigegunz like this.