Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    She's a tough old track is baku she is
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Baku would like it if you could please not assume its gender next time, but does agree with the sentiment ;)
    Telum likes this.
  3. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    They're all women.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    thats why theyre all trouble then.
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Baku Lap 1 going to be like this
  6. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Shotgun being the Chas Mostert of the group.
    JonoStan96, RHINO11 and Motors560 like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hi all,

Just a reminder, when filing a protest, you are to add only the following members to the inbox:
    @Ad2mny
    @JonoStan96
    @garyw61
    @Viperzed

Please do not add other members to the inbox or the person you are filing a protest against. GTS and PCARS 2 drivers may add the room captain if you do not have access to a saved replay.

Cheers,
    Stewards Group.
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Happy that $hit was over after 15 laps for me. Nothing went right at all. Lap 1 McLaren lost his front wing and struggled to get through the final few corners, I had to check up because he nearly binned it and Fezza gets a run on me only for me to outbreak myself trying to defend and going nose first into the wall.
    Second front wing went within 2 corners and was finished off 3 laps later when Gopher ran wide in the castle section i presumed he was letting me through, Nope we make contact and i end up with a full red wing back into the pits again. Sorry Gopher

After this i was frustrated and probably pushing to hard and i was finally punished lap 15 in the castle section, I didn't lose a tyre but my actually steering wheel broke from the impact which put me into retirement. EDIT Just checked the steering wheel it's not broken thank god but i think i lost force feedback because i had no feel in the wheel at all.

Fun fact that was the first time i'd retired from an accident since Italy season 1. That was 36 races ago. All my other DNFs were from disconnections. It doesn't happen to often
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I went full retard and took my headphones off. Binned it. Never go full retard.
    JonoStan96, seth123 and nigegunz like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Just a heads up guys for future races, if things go wrong during the qualifying session for you, I’m no longer going to sacrifice my own race to sort the issues out. If you notice every other car has left the session, it is obvious you have disconnected from the session and must rejoin ASAP. It may seem selfish of me but I’m no longer content with losing laps in qualifying to sort out problems and therefore losing places on the grid whether it was tonight or many occasions in the past.
    If you have any issues in regards to connection and the lobby, you must inform the PSN chat of your intentions, and try to resolve them before the session ends. You have plenty of backup invites so apart from catastrophic network issues and time, from this point on there is no excuse for not getting back into the lobby.

The custom grid setting was a tremendous success so issues post qualifying can be resolved much easier.
    I hope you all understand my point here, I’m trying my hardest to make this run smoothly but I’m not superman and at the end of the day I just want to enjoy the racing in its entirety.
    seth123 and Jurassic Mark like this.
  11. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Here’s my Qualifying lap
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Meanwhile people still can’t contemplate waiting for the ready call.....
    JonoStan96, Zachery and seth123 like this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Breaking that rule should be a life sentence behind bars
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Agreed, here I was taking my time getting my strategy set up, only to have the race start before I could load my setup. Default setup at Baku just is no fun. Seriously, whoever ignored instructions not to ready up, thanks for ruining my race.
    JonoStan96, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Unless you also made contact with Gopher, it was probably me you hit through castle. In all honesty, I don’t think I even ran wide, maybe was a bit slow, but the driver briefing specifically stated to not allow people to pass through that section, so not sure why you’d think I was letting you through there. Ended up with a broken wing, which required pitting and that stop subsequently put me back to the point of getting lapped, in which time I tangled with someone I was letting past, and again had wing damage requiring pitting. 2 of my 3 pitstops came as a direct result of that incident. I actually thought about lodging a protest, but at the end of the day, I doubt the results would’ve been any different had the incident not happened and you had a :):):):) night, so no point getting hung up on it. (Though, last night I was in a different mood hahaha. Even trimmed the footage to lodge.) Here’s the clip from my angle, anyway:

I’m pretty sure this 7th Place is my highest finish as well. (Pretty sure it was an 8th at Monaco last year). So I’m pretty happy with the result. At least I didn’t get DSQ for parking on track this time hahaha.

And yes, I don’t see what’s so hard about not pressing buttons untill you’re told to. Literally, just put the controller down untill at the very least you work out what button you need to press to enter the setup/strategy options.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I think it sucks heaps lots that people dont listen.
    But bar the tyres you start with and fuel which was full tyres your strategy changes during the race anyways
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    All i knew was it was a Sauber just couldn't remember which one. Pretty amateurish on my part. I think i got caught out with how slow you were through that section. I wasn't expecting to catch you so quickly i gained 2 seconds in 2 corners which is unheard of. A protest would have been reasonable had i finished but obviously that wasn't the case. All i can do is apologise and move on
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah I was in same boat too, car made everyone corner into 4-5 parts coukdnt just turn in and drive out

So I just drove into a wall and went to bed
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Motors on a hot streak of crashing into people now can he go 4-4?:eek:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I readied up second so I know who it was.....won’t be a snake though :laugh: