Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    damn Hungary is 100%, wish Spa was 100% instead :(
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DRIVERS BRIEFING R11 - Hungarian Grand Prix - 70 Laps
    Midday X3
    Previous Winner: Benny
    [​IMG]

Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

PASSING: Passing is far more difficult with these new cars. You must set up your passes accordingly and not pass recklessly.

The Hungaroring is probably the hardest purpose built track to pass on, so you need to set up your DRS moves well.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your car and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: We will be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

PENALTY POINTS: For this season you can only be awarded Penalty Points if you have been protested, severely infringe appropriate driving standards, fail to upload your pole position lap, make a track limit infringment on the lap, quit without retiring or spam the PS4 Group Chat.

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. Failure to do so will result in 3 penalty points against your name. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. The rage quitting is becoming far too frequent recently and is heavily affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @nigegunz are you all good to host this week?
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i will give it a go for sure Jono
    ive been looking at the upload/download numbers over the past week & get anywhere between 18 - 23 mbps download & 1.8 - 4.1 upload mbps. you think these numbers are solid enough?
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

spa bath got the 100%er last season fez
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    What sort of ping do you get nigel?
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

no idea zachery, how do i find out that little nugget of info?
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ping is the number thats in milliseconds, my ping to aussie servers is generally under 4-5ms.
    i check on here http://beta.speedtest.net/
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    [​IMG]

thats me currently (doesnt change due to congestion because FTTP yo) great speeds, but most importantly, very low latency (3ms is really good)

Even when i change it to a perth server, my latency is only 7ms which is still great
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

my numbers dont nearly stack up

ping 40ms download 17.59 mbps upload 4.24 mbps
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

test 2:
    31ms 17.14 4.21
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

test 3:
    27ms 19.61 4.23
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    those numbers will still do the job, your numbers are fairly stable between tests so i reckon youl be okay. Give it a crack tonight and see how it goes.

Look, if its catastrophic tonight and theres literally no one else to host, i will put my hand up for hosting duties from next week onwards if entirely neccesary. @JonoStan96 , let me know after tonight, and ill host if need be after tonight.
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

ok Zach, thx for your help mate
    Zachery likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It is nice and cold today...
    maybe I could host?
    [​IMG]
    Zachery likes this.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    your pings a bit better, is the connection fairly stable?
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the line during the test doesn't fluctuate much at all
    i haven't dscd on this connection either
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah thats sweet, either of you two would be a go tonight, and if all else fails, my offer will stand if need be.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Get out my DM’s with that sass too.
    Kieran_B33 and Zachery like this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    do i screenshot this and show everyone how cool i am now?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.