Season III - F1 2017 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Haha get keen mate, Cota always seems to serve up a cracking race, fingers crossed it stays dry for once!
    PaulCox likes this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

just turn it off
  3. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Probably not going to make it. Long night ofGo Kart prep for racing this weekend.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll be there tonight
  5. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Not gonna run tonight, Hate the circuit with a passion and plus i'm working early tomorrow. Have fun guys
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Was a real shame to go out the way I did :(
    Had the lead but cocked it up and fell back to third.

Began to catch highsenberg and eventually got through, only to spin off at the end of the first sector on lap 8, lost about 15 seconds there.
    Pitted a lap or two early on my strat to change my wing and get the fresh softs on, and the car was beginning to feel fast as I set the FL (at the time).

Consistent laps allowed me to slowly catch Hatfield, and by lap 20 I was right on his arse.
    On lap 20(?) I got a great run out of turn 1 and went for the inside line into 2, I rode the inside kerb and a bit of a twitch caused me to lightly tap Hatfield and it spat me into the wall without any warning.
    Game over.

This DNF is particularly disappointing because I felt a podium was on the cards and with my teammate Nigel having a strong finish, it would have worked out well for the HAAS team too.

Can only look forward and hope for a better result next week...
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  7. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Somehow I seem to have inherited 5th place tonight, spin-reducing Traction Control be PRAISED!!
    2-Stopped my way to a respectable lap time by the end of the race, first time on this circuit so I'm ok with going a lap down
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

bummed when i saw you retire...
    i was on for the win for a couple of laps, i'd made the stop & Hat was still out, then im p1 & no sign of Jono....
    d'oh! there he is, caught me up all too easily & away he went
    JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Pretty happy with my performance today, something about Cota I really enjoy and it culumnated in my second straight win at the circuit.

Jason and @h1ghsenberg got off to flyers, the latter pulling off one of the most daring passes I’ve ever seen to take the lead. Unfortunately Jason spun and left me to chace Highsen, passing him with DRS. His spin later on ultimately gifting me a massive lead.

That was until I collided with @PaulCox when lapping him, not sure what happened but all I know is it turned a 19 second lead into a 5 second deficit after a wing change. I was most worried about Jason and Highsen but they must have had even more misadventures as they were nowhere to be seen.
    Fezza and Nigel were on the hunting list and while Nigel put up a good fight, fresher tyres won the day and I was able to cruise to a comfortable win.

Disappointing turn out again, I would hope it would improve for the end but I’ve got more chances of winning the Powerball than that happening it would seem.
    razor4797 and fezza like this.
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Im really sorry bro all race i was getting confused as not 1 blue flag poped up or once was warned by the race director that faster cars were approching ..after the altercation with you i just got of the way of every car..............:):):):) i thought it went alright i am soooooo sorry about that. i do pride my self on not ruining peoples races and keeping out of the :):):):)in way
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    just watched my replay...only once outa being lapped by everyone did i receive a blue flag and i got outa the way....again apologies
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’ve had blue flag warnings when the guy lapping me has his nose in front. It’s not a perfect system.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It’s all good mate, I probably should have kept a tighter line in the first place, I hope you didn’t get any damage :)
    PaulCox likes this.
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    usually when im being lapped the car is blue on the map also.. this didnt happen as well as in the top left corner saying im 6/6 or 7/7 but underwhere the times are and names i was always second last not last..so i actually thought i was racing untill i saw his name ontop of his car
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Cheers mate..nar was all good
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I’m out for the rest of the season sorry boys
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

I'm out too, I've loved the f1 races but there simply aren't enough cars on the grid
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    im in......might get a podium the way its going :) and my wife who thinks shes pretty quick will be joining as soon as we have 2 wheels again
    nigegunz likes this.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Just watched Mastering Malaysia by Limitless on utube....very helpful video for newbies or if ya just not happy with your pace...im still off him along way but its helpng
    JonoStan96 likes this.