Season V - F1 2019 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'Formula 1 PS4 Sunday Night League' started by JonoStan96, Jun 30, 2019.

?

Should we have a Retro Round for Round 4 utilising a Classic Car?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2019.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Round 5 - Belgian Grand Prix - 44 Laps
    Previous Winner: El Majacko
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line. Please stick to your given strategy (in a dry race) to avoid accidently double stacking with your teammate.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag. Abuse will not be tolerated. Time penalties and potential race bans will be dished out. This is your first and only warning.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has been far too frequent in the past, affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.

This being the enduro round, the race should take around 80-90 mins to complete, please ensure you are in the room on time. If we can get away with starting 5-10 mins early we shall do so.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Nice
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    broke something at work may not make it home on time for this
  4. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I won't be racing tonight. Good luck
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'll make it tonight
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    When people try so hard to set up events and championships on forums like this, its massively disappointing to have so many people sign up, and then just no show. All it is, is a massive kick in the balls to Jono. The least you could do is make an effort to either show up, or notify jono asap if you cant be there.

Bit of a joke really.
    PaulCox likes this.
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    My highlights:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Round 6 - German Grand Prix
    Previous Winner: @razor4797
    Please read the following carefully and 'like' it when you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

PRE-RACE: You must wait until a call to ready in the PS4 chat. This will be approximately 45 seconds after the F1 intro sequence, more than enough time to setup a race strategy. DO NOT hit X until the ready call is sent.

FORMATION LAP: This season will see the introduction of the formation lap to set the clutch bitepoint and to warm up tyres. Please avoid overtaking other cars and leave space.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

PIT STOPS: This season will introduce realistic pit stops. You must slow down to the indicated speed limit otherwise you will earn a stop and go penalty. You must also pull away from the pits using the clutch, and deactivate the pit limiter on the pit exit line. Please stick to your given strategy (in a dry race) to avoid accidently double stacking with your teammate.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty.

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: You are to PM myself, @Viperzed & @Hatfield should you want to raise a protest. The main Stewards group thread will have all the necessary info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

GROUP CHAT: The chat will be used to convey vital information between sessions. Please do not spam the chat during a qualifying or race session unless it is to warn drivers regarding lag. Abuse will not be tolerated. Time penalties and potential race bans will be dished out. This is your first and only warning.

QUITTING: This is a huge problem in this game, remember in this series, a safety car will bring you back into the fight. As usual, if you need to leave, make sure you retire the car before leaving the lobby. It is also asked that you do not chuck a hissy fit and take out the brake markers. Rage quitting has been far too frequent in the past, affecting the race results. In all ROOZ races you must aim to finish the race and/or not cause problems for those still racing. Please do not exit the race unless you absolutely need to.

RECORD YOUR RACE!: Please remember to record your footage via pre recording it or saving it after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspeective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on an incident.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Codemasters can get :):):):)ed
  10. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Good pace you guys have there! Even @fezza lapped me...and did a qually 2 seconds better than me.

I came off track twice...didn't happen once in practise or qually...good ol pressure. Didn't spin, cost a few seconds though.

I was still running auto, TCS and ABS - figure I'll get enough practise under my belt to turn these off before next race...they probably impede me a little?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    my highlights (mostly crowd shoes):

at the start when I let go of clutch nothing happened, flicked it one more time and finally car drove off. pit crew stuffed my strategy, had selected softs for the last stop for the remaining 10 laps and crew put hards on, otherwise I would've had viper.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was rather embarrassing. Qualified 3rd with plans for a 1 stop. Broke away into a lead pack of 4 at the start with Mozza @Kartdude45 and @Harry. When the VSC came out, Harry and myself took the gamble to stop early for a long stint on the hards which in hindsight shouldve been a convertion to 2 stop. Pushing hard to make the undercut work I saw Mozza exiting the pits ahead of me and coming around T1 I lost the rear spearing across the circuit towards pit exit and collecting Mozza taking him out of the race. Absolutely gutted to have done that. For me to have just spun and bin myself wouldve been fine but to take out Mozza too was a real embarrassment. Continued on my way stopping for Mediums and took them all the way home, getting lucky with @fezza unlucky stop as I had a 5 second time penalty as well as half a front wing thanks to some miscommunication with @Tristan Jones

Simply a season of what could've been..
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Been moving house. I might struggle to make the rest of this season
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Are we racing tonight?
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING Round 7 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Previous Winner: Jono
    [​IMG]

fezza likes this.
  16. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    my highlights:
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    DRIVERS BRIEFING FINAL ROUND British Grand Prix
    Previous Winner: El Majacko
    Car: Ferrari F2004

[​IMG]

fezza likes this.
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    C'mon boys last race of the season, show up
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Now THAT was fun. Absolutely adore that car and Silverstone is a natural favourite. Quali was a real mixed bag with my first wet laps proving that throttle modulation in F1 wet conditions was bloody difficult which led to a poor starting position of 5th. Made up two spots at the start and then grabbed Bounty only for Harry to get me in Village. Over the next 5 laps I had one of my most enjoyable battles on F1 to date with Harry and @Kartdude45. Eventually Harry gained on myself and Kartdude as he seemed to be pushing to make a two stop work. He stopped lap 9 or 10 while myself and Kartdude pushed on as I lead the way. Kartdude pitted lap 14 with eyes to undercut me as I stopped lap 15, Luckily a front wing change for Kartdude kept me ahead but 8 seconds behind Harry. I slowly pulled in the gap thinking Harry may be able to hold onto a one stop but his tire wear was too great as he pitted around lap 18 conceding to a 4th place finish. I held off a hard charging kartdude to thus finish the season with a win as well!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Should be racing that ferrari every race - freakin awesome fun to drive. So much better than current series cars